The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2016, 12:09:43 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 03, 2016, 11:51:17 PM
Supposing you had to choose one person in the pic of the Trump rally as a democratic spy....who would it be?

Stew would say it is Trump himself.

I'd say it is the large Pepsi near the front. Surely all Trump supporters wold be coke-heads?

Well...maybe, if the m.o. is to disguise oneself thoroughly.  I'm thinking the girl in the glasses behind the guy in the United shirt is clearly a democratic operative.

rrhf

It's sad to watch if you have any care for USA. Trumps brutal fight will win the day.

moysider

Quote from: rrhf on November 04, 2016, 12:57:38 AM
It's sad to watch if you have any care for USA. Trumps brutal fight will win the day.

The USA? This has global implications as well. Trump (surrounded by hawks) and Putin.

heganboy

A colleague is about to vote Democrat for the first time in his life. (he's 55). He said this is the article that made him feel like he was justified in doing so:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/dont-gamble-on-trump/506207/
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

The financial system is 350% of US GDP. You can't have happy bluecollar  voters with a financial sector that size. Because such a big financial system needs to eat. All of the chronic problems in the US - healthcare 18% of gdp, prisons 7%, guns, income inequality, low productivity, stagnant wages, police violence, citizens united; corruption,  the war machine, treatment of vets - they are all related to the financial sector and its needs. Don't blame the people. They had no say in anything. The Fed will not be able to raise interest rates cos the financial industry is too big and it size means it won't give payrises. It is a parasite. 

seafoid

Sentimental p#ssy will destroy him . He would have got away with it if it wasn't for theose pesky bitches . Republican women will be the executioners.

rrhf

muppet

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 04, 2016, 09:47:48 AM
Some may find this interesting.

http://ahtribune.com/us/2016-election/1312-hillary-clinton-blitzkrieg.html

There is a lot of wisdom in that article.

The problem is going cold turkey, like removing Saddam with considering the consequences, or Gadaffi, or Assad etc., etc., etc.

Trump is worse than cold turkey. That certainly is not the solution.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Not sad... terrifying!

J70

And it's looking like Comey moved because a group of pro-Trump  FBI agents starting leaking stuff to the press and basing their investigation on the Clinton Cash book... which happens to have been written by a Breitbart writer... who works for Trump's campaign chairman.

Throw in the open talk of not filling the Supreme Court or ANY judicial vacancy, in direct defiance of the will of the voters, and in direct contradiction of their bullshit excuses last spring, along with the in-advance threats of impeachment...

Can you imagine the uproar if the Dems were doing this?

What's going to happen if Trump gets real, actual power?

whitey

Quote from: Declan on November 03, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
These kinda sum up my thoughts on the election looking at it from the outside

But this photo by Nate Gowdy, of a Trump rally in Loveland, CO, on Oct. 3rd, 2016 is stunning -  Without a single letter of copy, it tells an entire story

So that picture of the Trump Rally....what story does it tell.....I'm curious

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
And it's looking like Comey moved because a group of pro-Trump  FBI agents starting leaking stuff to the press and basing their investigation on the Clinton Cash book... which happens to have been written by a Breitbart writer... who works for Trump's campaign chairman.

Throw in the open talk of not filling the Supreme Court or ANY judicial vacancy, in direct defiance of the will of the voters, and in direct contradiction of their bullshit excuses last spring, along with the in-advance threats of impeachment...

Can you imagine the uproar if the Dems were doing this?

What's going to happen if Trump gets real, actual power?

Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton in private e and completely compromised the email investigation

Senior DOJ official was emailing Podesta from a personal email to give him a "heads up "

Spare me the faux outrage about that he FBI please

Only way you fight fire is with fire

Hectic

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2016, 11:36:24 AM

Not sad... terrifying!

The only thing positive that I could say about Clinton is that she is not Trump.  In a country of approx. 300m people it is pretty poor that these are the two options they can come up with for their people to vote for president.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hectic on November 04, 2016, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2016, 11:36:24 AM

Not sad... terrifying!

The only thing positive that I could say about Clinton is that she is not Trump.  In a country of approx. 300m people it is pretty poor that these are the two options they can come up with for their people to vote for president.

That's what I think is the saddest thing. On the one hand you have an immature, sexist, racist, bully, who seems to have serious issues with tax returns and transparency. On the other you have what looks like a corrupt weasel, leveraging her Clinton pedigree into the ultimate power position, where she will do God knows what to benefit herself.

How can you vote for either, except to try and avoid the other getting in. It truly is Hobson's choice. The only reason, and I mean ONLY reason, I think I hope Clinton wins is that she is probably less likely to cut the US off from the rest of the world, and less likely to go war mongering than the other bollox. And yes, I meant to say 'other'.