The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on October 25, 2016, 12:41:31 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2016, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2016, 12:09:52 AM
Its a 2 horse race, and you are cheering against one of them in almost all of yours posts.

We ploughed this ground before...Im cheering against one of them because most Irish people on my Facebook feed are all cheering for Hillary without knowing a fvcking thing about her

Imagine if a Yank who'd never lived in Ireland started telling you what a great fella Bertie Ahern was and they couldnt understand why people didnt like him or wouldnt vote for him~LOL

Bertie's country wasn't the sole world superpower now was it?

And not every American has an Irish cousin, but the reverse almost universally applies. Also, an awful lot of Irish have been on the States for J1s, holidays and work.

We know far more about parts of the US than many Americans. I have played golf over there with people who had never left their State.
you should substitute we with I think I and you would be spot on.

Is that really the best comment you can come up with? Seriously??

There is a whole internet of info out there, even opinions that you could steal and pretend were your own, but that is the best you can think of.

Must.
Try.
Harder.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 24, 2016, 11:32:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 24, 2016, 10:52:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 24, 2016, 07:58:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 24, 2016, 07:38:14 PM
Like the O'Keefe "exposes"?

One of his targets, Bob Creamer, is calling for the release of the full, unedited video, claiming it will exonerate him and expose another example of fraudulent editing by O'Keefe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/james-okeefe-sting-operation_us_580a5ee1e4b000d0b1568093

Lol

No....I'm thinking more along these lines

www.wsj.com/amp/articles/clinton-ally-aids-campaign-of-fbi-officials-wife-1477266114

The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton's email use.

This isn't going to end well

Think Trump was there first with the Florida attorney general.

Yes...Trumps donation was investigated and he was fined.

This McAuliffe donation should be investigated in a similar manner....if theres no wrongdoing, then Im sure they have nothing to worry about.

My guess is that there was no wrongdoing, but the FBI agent should (and maybe did) have disclosed it, and definitely should have recused himself from the investifation

When you say "investigate", what does that mean?

Is there actual evidence or even a legitimate suggestion of wrongdoing here?

Does each and every case where a political opponent hypes up some story, whether legitimate or not, need an official investigation?

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2016, 12:40:49 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 12:33:36 AM
Its a 2 horse race, and you are cheering against one of them in almost all of yours posts.

We ploughed this ground before...Im cheering against one of them because most Irish people on my Facebook feed are all cheering for Hillary without knowing a fvcking thing about her

Imagine if a Yank who'd never lived in Ireland started telling you what a great fella Bertie Ahern was and they couldnt understand why people didnt like him or wouldnt vote for him~LOL

And not every American has an Irish cousin, but the reverse almost universally applies. Also, an awful lot of Irish have been on the States for J1s, holidays and work.

We know far more about parts of the US than many Americans. I have played golf over there with people who had never left their State.

My point exactly......These Irish people you mention never LIVED here.....they VISITED....the same way HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Americans VISIT Ireland every year.

Are they all now experts on the various personalities of Irish politics.

The fvckin Yanks are (or at least were) paying Bertie big money for speeches as recently as 2011-LOL

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/former-pm-bertie-ahern-earns-40000-a-pop-lecturing-in-us-126242123-237402431

Hang on, many of the people I mentioned 'lived' in the US.

But you are missing a huge point. Whoever is Taoiseach has no bearing whatsoever on US citizens, but it is very different for the rest of the world. Most countries have wall to wall news coverage of the US election cycle.

As the saying goes 'when to US sneezes, the world catches a cold'. The whole world is watching very closely indeed.

Your Irish Facebook friends are no mugs. Hillary would be far, far better for Ireland than Trump.

You are losing the plot completely....you mention 3 groups of Irish people whove been to the states..J1 Students, Holiday makers and workers....now your claiming that "many" of those people you mentioned "lived" in the States.

I'll give you the workers, but J1 students and holiday makers dont live here....they VISIT.

I lived in England for a Summer back in the late 90's......does that make me more qualified to offer an opinion on Bristish politics than someone whos lived there their entire lives, pays taxes and votes and who gets iheir information from a variety of sources and life experiences

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2016, 01:03:09 AM

One of his targets, Bob Creamer, is calling for the release of the full, unedited video, claiming it will exonerate him and expose another example of fraudulent editing by O'Keefe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/james-okeefe-sting-operation_us_580a5ee1e4b000d0b1568093

Lol

www.wsj.com/amp/articles/clinton-ally-aids-campaign-of-fbi-officials-wife-1477266114

The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton's email use.

This McAuliffe donation should be investigated in a similar manner....if theres no wrongdoing, then Im sure they have nothing to worry about.

My guess is that there was no wrongdoing, but the FBI agent should (and maybe did) have disclosed it, and definitely should have recused himself from the investifation

Does each and every case where a political opponent hypes up some story, whether legitimate or not, need an official investigation?

Well Terry McAuliffe is one dodgy motherfvcker when it comes to trying to steal elections,  so I would say he definitely has form for pulling a fast one

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-court-invalidates-gov-terry-mcauliffes-order-restoring-felon-voting-rights/2016/07/22/3e1d45f6-5058-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html

Suponea his emails and see whats there.  If he has nothing to hide, then he shouldnt have any problem complying. (Quick.......get the hammer)

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 01:29:29 AM

My point exactly......These Irish people you mention never LIVED here.....they VISITED....the same way HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Americans VISIT Ireland every year.

The fvckin Yanks are (or at least were) paying Bertie big money for speeches as recently as 2011-LOL

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/former-pm-bertie-ahern-earns-40000-a-pop-lecturing-in-us-126242123-237402431

But you are missing a huge point. Whoever is Taoiseach has no bearing whatsoever on US citizens, but it is very different for the rest of the world. Most countries have wall to wall news coverage of the US election cycle.

As the saying goes 'when to US sneezes, the world catches a cold'. The whole world is watching very closely indeed.

Your Irish Facebook friends are no mugs. Hillary would be far, far better for Ireland than Trump.

You are losing the plot completely....you mention 3 groups of Irish people whove been to the states..J1 Students, Holiday makers and workers....now your claiming that "many" of those people you mentioned "lived" in the States.

I'll give you the workers, but J1 students and holiday makers dont live here....they VISIT.

I lived in England for a Summer back in the late 90's......does that make me more qualified to offer an opinion on Bristish politics than someone whos lived there their entire lives, pays taxes and votes and who gets iheir information from a variety of sources and life experiences

If you 'lived' in England for a Summer, then J1 visas 'live' in the US.  ;D

So now I have J1s and workers. That is 'many' by any definition and is hardly losing the plot.

But once again you compare Ireland and the US as equals. They are not. We in Ireland know far more about the US than the average US citizen knows about us. So your comparison is way off.

And while Britain is not the US, I'd wager that the average Irish citizen could give an informed opinion on British politics quite easily. Again because we are hugely under the sphere of influence of Britain and its media, just like we are with the US.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2016, 01:36:46 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 01:29:29 AM

If you 'lived' in England for a Summer, then J1 visas 'live' in the US.  ;D

So now I have J1s and workers. That is 'many' by any definition and is hardly losing the plot.

But once again you compare Ireland and the US as equals. They are not. We in Ireland know far more about the US than the average US citizen knows about us. So your comparison is way off.

And while Britain is not the US, I'd wager that the average Irish citizen could give an informed opinion on British politics quite easily. Again because we are hugely under the sphere of influence of Britain and its media, just like we are with the US.

LOL....Keep digging....Obviously the sarcasm of my comment about "living" in England was above your pay grade.

2/3 of the people you mention dont live here, they VISIT (and while Im at it most J1 Students make a complete disgrace of themselves while theyre here)

Yes, I would have opinions about British politics, but I would also respect and value the opinion of a British Citizen, taxpayer and voter much moreso than my own opinions, which are formulated from a distance of 3,000 miles. 

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 01:49:29 AM
LOL....Keep digging....Obviously the sarcasm of my comment about "living" in England was above your pay grade.

2/3 of the people you mention dont live here, they VISIT (and while Im at it most J1 Students make a complete disgrace of themselves while theyre here)

Yes, I would have opinions about British politics, but I would also respect and value the opinion of a British Citizen, taxpayer and voter much moreso than my own opinionwhich are formulated from a distance of 3,000 miles

My opinion isn't formulated from 3,000 miles.

You owe me a load of pints ffs!   ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 01:35:24 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2016, 01:03:09 AM

Lol

Well Terry McAuliffe is one dodgy motherfvcker when it comes to trying to steal elections,  so I would say he definitely has form for pulling a fast one

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-court-invalidates-gov-terry-mcauliffes-order-restoring-felon-voting-rights/2016/07/22/3e1d45f6-5058-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html

Suponea his emails and see whats there.  If he has nothing to hide, then he shouldnt have any problem complying. (Quick.......get the hammer)

How is the restoration of voting rights to felons who've served their time "stealing elections" or corrupt?

He made a decision as governor, with the full knowledge of the public, which was found unconstitutional under a court challenge. He did not commit a criminal or fraudulent act. He did not disregard the decision of the court.

So again, what cause is there to investigate or subpoena his emails?

Republicans not liking him or Donald Trump screaming corruption (the irony!) is hardly going to pass muster with a judge.

whitey

Execurive order, in a swing state during an election year....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its a frickin duck

"Never before have any of the prior 71 Virginia Governors issued a clemency order of any kind — including pardons, reprieves, commutations, and restoration orders — to a class of unnamed felons without regard for the nature of the crimes or any other individual circumstances relevant to the request," Chief Justice Donald W. Lemons wrote for the majority. "To be sure, no Governor of this Commonwealth, until now, has even suggested that such a power exists."

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 02:01:13 AM
Execurive order, in a swing state during an election year....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it a frickin duck

"Never before have any of the prior 71 Virginia Governors issued a clemency order of any kind — including pardons, reprieves, commutations, and restoration orders — to a class of unnamed felons without regard for the nature of the crimes or any other individual circumstances relevant to the request," Chief Justice Donald W. Lemons wrote for the majority. "To be sure, no Governor of this Commonwealth, until now, has even suggested that such a power exists."

Quite, but how is that election stealing or rigging?

Are most felons former Democrats in Virginia?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2016, 02:06:40 AM
Execurive order, in a swing state during an election year....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it a frickin duck

I think if you have to ask that question you already know the answer

http://www.nbc29.com/story/32865055/va-felons-with-restored-rights-likely-to-live-amongst-democrats

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2016, 02:21:56 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2016, 02:06:40 AM

I think if you have to ask that question you already know the answer

http://www.nbc29.com/story/32865055/va-felons-with-restored-rights-likely-to-live-amongst-democrats
Whitey GOP gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement is fraud. The whole prison system is fraud. There were 2m prisoners in 1980. By 2007 there were 7m. And they all count as felons. Bullshit.

whitey

I don't disagree with what you said, but the issue were dealing right right now is specific to Terry McAuliffe and whether his past behavior would lead a reasonable person to raise an eyebrow with this "revelation"......I think it does.....you dont

stew

You are as arrogant as that kn**ker gallbladder!

Do you really believe You know more about America than Americans do?

You played golf over there, whoopdee fookin doo.

The word gobdhite springs to,mind, you have lost the run,of yourself!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

joemamas

Quote from: stew on October 25, 2016, 01:18:30 PM

You are as arrogant as that kn**ker gallbladder!

Do you really believe You know more about America than Americans do?

You played golf over there, whoopdee fookin doo.

The word gobdhite springs to,mind,
you have lost the run,of yourself!

+1