The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 19, 2016, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 18, 2016, 12:49:59 AM
Given O'Keefe's record, and that of the Planned Parenthood dude, maybe you should withhold judgement for a wee bit.

1 firing and one resignation the fall out so far.

500,000 dead in Iraq under the last Republican President. The double standards are staggering.
MWWSI 2017

Jeepers Creepers

Id say there will be quite a poisonous atmosphere (even more so than current) in the states the day the election results are announced, regardless of who wins.

muppet

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 19, 2016, 01:26:46 PM
Id say there will be quite a poisonous atmosphere (even more so than current) in the states the day the election results are announced, regardless of who wins.

Look at Trumps tweets when his show wasn't nominated for an Emmy:

MWWSI 2017

Mayoffs

Imagine what would happen if he was loosing a war? It wouldn't be tweets he'd be firing off
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

muppet

Quote from: Mayoffs on October 19, 2016, 03:06:07 PM
Imagine what would happen if he was loosing a war? It wouldn't be tweets he'd be firing off

I bet if he wins the election he will win many Emmys and Oscars. He may even emulate his hero Vlad in being permanently re-elected to power.
MWWSI 2017

MoChara

Quote from: LeoMc on October 19, 2016, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: MoChara on October 18, 2016, 11:14:07 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on October 18, 2016, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: MoChara on October 18, 2016, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 18, 2016, 02:10:02 AM
Quote from: thejuice on October 18, 2016, 01:51:38 AM
So what's going on with Wikileaks and Assange. From what I can gather John Kerry made some threats towards Ecuador that they should extradite him ASAP or face serious consequences. Assanges Internet access has been cut off now by Ecuadorian officials.

This follows the leak of Hilarys Goldman Sachs speeches along with the podesta emails and others. There might be some move in the coming hours where he is removed from the embassy and placed under arrest.

This is all from reading Wikileaks tweets and other insider sources which will either be proved true or false as events take shape.

Goes to show how much the establishment, corporations, media and all their backers want Hilary rather than a Trump or Sanders putting the brakes on their gravy train.

Might all be a ruse by Assange as he might have nothing left on her though from what I've read it should already be over for her. Perhaps if she wasn't running against a buffoon like trump it would be, but then only for Trump running against a corrupt hag like Clinton is he still in the race. Bizarre situation. Hard to believe this is what America has to choose between.

If either of them was running against almost anyone else, this election would be done and dusted.

Worst pair of candidates ever.

This whole thing makes me think of this Malcolm X quote, especially the bit in bold

"It isn't a president who can help or hurt; it is the system. And this system is not just ruling America, it is ruling the world. Nowadays, when a man is running for the President of the United States, he is not running for President of the United States alone; he has to be acceptable to other areas of the world where American influence rules. If Johnson had been running all by himself, he would not have been acceptable to anyone. The only thing that made him acceptable to the world was that the shrewd capitalists, the shrewd imperialists, knew that the only way people would run toward the fox would be if you showed them a wolf. So they created a ghastly alternative. And it had the whole world—including people who call themselves Marxists—hoping that Johnson would beat Goldwater. I have to say this: Those who claim to be enemies of the system were on their hands and knees waiting for Johnson to get elected---because he is supposed to be a man of peace. And at that moment he had troops invading the Congo and South Vietnam! He even has troops in areas where other imperialists have already withdrawn. Peace Corps to Nigeria, mercernaries to the Congo!"

When I view this there is no bit in bold!!! Though strangely I see it has appeared when I have quoted it.

Clear evidence that the Clintons are controlling this board and what people can see on it!!

The Wolf back then was Barry Goldwater and obviously Trump is the wolf this time round, but the fun bit is Hilary  worked on the Goldwater election campaign, and still calls herself a Goldwater Girl.

Was Goldwater that extreme by modern standards? He was an Environmentalist, pro-choice, anti-Religious right and supported legalising marijuana. 

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have"

I don't claim to be an expert on him but I think it was the fact he pulled the Republican party hard to the right, his most famous quote has to be "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

I'd say you're probably right though compared to the politik of the Republican Party now hes probably not all that extreme.

J70

Given O'Keefe's record, and that of the Planned Parenthood dude, maybe you should withhold judgement for a wee bit.

Who?

Edit: never mind - I have google.

So they got their pound of flesh. Let's hope they don't end like settling later like they had to with the Acorn employee whom they fraudulently stitched up.

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 19, 2016, 01:14:45 PM

500,000 dead in Iraq under the last Republican President. The double standards are staggering.

How many dead due to Obama not taking Isis seriously? JV my hole! The pres should have set up,no fly zones in Syria and helped the Syrian people from their homeland, Putin is killing Syrians right and left while your hero sits on his hands, the man is useless!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 19, 2016, 06:14:42 PM

Who?

So they got their pound of flesh. Let's hope they don't end like settling later like they had to with the Acorn employee whom they fraudulently stitched up.

Oh.....this is only the start of it.  According  to some sources Creamer visited the Obama White House 340 times.....this goes all the way to the top.  People are calling for an FBI investigation

For the record CNN got caught editing tape on 3 occasions that I can remember this year alone

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 19, 2016, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 19, 2016, 01:14:45 PM

How many dead due to Obama not taking Isis seriously? JV my hole! The pres should have set up,no fly zones in Syria and helped the Syrian people from their homeland, Putin is killing Syrians right and left while your hero sits on his hands, the man is useless!

You don't know that ISIS came out of the counter-insurgency after the 2003 Iraq invasion, among other things, do you?

Your Republican heroes had thousands of Americans killed for a lie. Your heroes give every crackpot in the USA who wants one, a machine gun. Don't pretend that you give a fiddler's f*ck about dead Syrians.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 19, 2016, 07:42:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 19, 2016, 06:14:42 PM

Who?

Oh.....this is only the start of it.  According  to some sources Creamer visited the Obama White House 340 times.....this goes all the way to the top.  People are calling for an FBI investigation

For the record CNN got caught editing tape on 3 occasions that I can remember this year alone

What goes to the top?

That he worked on Obama's own campaigns? That, as a Dem operative, he met with WH staffers?

Don't worry about the FBI - the GOP will have each committee investigate!

MoChara

Quote from: muppet

You don't know that ISIS came out of the counter-insurgency after the 2003 Iraq invasion, among other things, do you?

Your Republican heroes had thousands of Americans killed for a lie. Your heroes give every crackpot in the USA who wants one, a machine gun. Don't pretend that you give a fiddler's f*ck about dead Syrians.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that wants to look ISIS are America's pitbull. It's no coincidence they are being put out of Iraq when they are getting hammered in Syria, it's a good news story and a desperate throw of the dice militarily in Syria

muppet

I have recommended the above a few times. It is a fascinating read and gave me hope for the USA rather than the opposite. The problem was not the thinking of the US military.

Most of what has happened in the last 10 years and more was predicted by the Pentagon, as described - before Iraq - by retired Generals (sitting Generals could not speak to journalists). It was ignored by the civilians in charge, the people we now know as the Neo-Cons. ISIS is just the latest incarnation of the counter-insurgency that the Pentagon warned the Neo-Cons would happen, if they went for their 'Shock and Awe', with minimum personnel and prioritised securing oil infrastructure over Sadam's army bases, among other blunders.

They compounded the problem by banning the employment of any former soldiers. Thus you had unemployed fully trained soldiers, with easy access to arms, hating the new regime who offered them no hope, who started to fight back. They evolved, merged and split, and re-emerged and re-merged with whatever radical crackpots were around. ISIS is just the last few years. It will be something else soon enough.

There are people stupid enough to think you can wipe them out, the same as the Russians thought they could wipe of the (American backed) Mujahideen, who then became Al Queda. The Brits also thought for centuries that they could wipe out any Irish rebels.

And people think it is Obama's fault for not going to to wipe them out.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Inevitably: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-wants-plan-to-defeat-isis-in-30-days-if-elected

ABC News
"Donald Trump is expected to unveil a plan to end the military sequester - across the the board budget cuts- during a speech in Philadelphia, a day after saying he would ask his to military officials to formulate a plan within his first 30 days in office to defeat ISIS.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on October 19, 2016, 07:32:24 PM

Obama is the worst president ever. There are those who just can't admit it.

The american Bertie Ahern. Full of sh**.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie