The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Gmac on October 14, 2016, 11:04:38 PM
Something badly wrong with a system when a citizen pays $1145 a month for health insurance and illegal immigrants are having babies in hospitals like Stanford , mills peninsula top of the line hospitals ,it's absolutely crazy stuff.

yes you are correct, only the rich should have healthcare  ::)

Gmac

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 14, 2016, 11:22:53 PM
Something badly wrong with a system when a citizen pays $1145 a month for health insurance and illegal immigrants are having babies in hospitals like Stanford , mills peninsula top of the line hospitals ,it's absolutely crazy stuff.

yes you are correct, only the rich should have healthcare  ::)
i don't ask the rich to pay for my health care

tyssam5

Citizen should look for a better price, I pay $122/month.
I resent all the middle man (insurance companies) waste in the healthcare system - what somerhing like 18% of GDP? I don't resent the small fraction of a percent to stop people having babies in a ditch somewhere.

Zulu

The one thing all people living in a rich western democracy should be guaranteed is free or very affordable health care. I don't mind paying a bit more tax so that every child in the country can get a reasonable level of medical care should they require it. The American view of health care is bonkers in my opinion.

foxcommander

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 14, 2016, 11:28:14 PM

I resent all the middle man (insurance companies) waste in the healthcare system - what somerhing like 18% of GDP? I don't resent the small fraction of a percent to stop people having babies in a ditch somewhere.

on top of the other taxes you need to pay to keep it all going.
There are only so many welfare cases you can subsidise.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Any evidence/statistics to support your point/claim?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2016, 12:41:47 AM

i work in the construction industry and I see it and hear it from guys I know are illegal every day and I know what my own bill is monthly ,anything else chief

tyssam5

Quote from: foxcommander on October 14, 2016, 11:37:52 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on October 14, 2016, 11:28:14 PM

on top of the other taxes you need to pay to keep it all going.
There are only so many welfare cases you can subsidise.

I checked the GDP %

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.TOTL.ZS?year_high_desc=true

17.1% in the USA. Compare to the like of Germany, Sweden and Switzerland at 11%

Now admittedly I've not lived in any of those particular European countries but I'm willing to bet the healthcare is pretty damn good.
that 6% gap is going to pay hospital CEOs and insurance exec's huge salaries - the system is the opposite of efficient.
So the welfare cases for me is a cop out - I'm more mad at the massive wastage built in to feed fat cats.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 15, 2016, 12:45:51 AM

i work in the construction industry and I see it and hear it from guys I know are illegal every day and I know what my own bill is monthly ,anything else chief

So you know a lad and you heard a story, therefore the whole system is corrupt/fucked and tilted in favour of illegal immigrants.

Right you are.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2016, 01:22:54 AM
Quote from: Gmac on October 15, 2016, 12:45:51 AM

So you know a lad and you heard a story, therefore the whole system is corrupt/fucked and tilted in favour of illegal immigrants.

Right you are.
only the mighty j70  knows anything, keep burying the head in the sand .

whitey

It's completely fvcked.....I know self employed guys with families paying $20k a year for health insurance....you know kinds like the guys Bill Clinton described as humping it sixty hours a week and their insurance premiums have doubled and their coverage cut in half.

God forbid you'd criticize anything (the anointed one) Mr Obama is responsible for. You are just a bitter rascist who hates poor people and you don't want to pay your fair share

Eamonnca1

ACTION ALERT: Folks, we have a situation in Virginia right now that demands our attention. Yesterday, two dangerous Trump supporters stood outside the campaign office of Democratic Congressional candidate Jane Dittmar openly carrying their guns. This is occurring in the wake of Trump pulling all his existing assets out of the state.

The ask here is two-fold:

1) Visit the following thread on Jane Dittmar's Facebook page and voice your support for her and her staff by leaving a comment. Tell her she made the right decision by calling police immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/janeforcongress/photos/a.510004502492642.1073741830.506175889542170/661003350726089/?type=3

2) Call the Fluvanna County Sheriff's Office at (434) 589-8211 and politely ask them to make sure they are keeping a close eye on open carrier Daniel Parks and his associate when they engage in this type of intimidation.

https://www.facebook.com/fluvannasheriffsoffice/

Thank you for standing with Jane Dittmar and her staff at this critical time. We take care of our own.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on October 14, 2016, 07:04:11 PM

It's great that you still can laugh seeing as the reign of the worst president in the history of the USA is coming to an end.

Like I said, conservatives are completely removed from reality.

Eamonnca1

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on October 15, 2016, 01:58:25 AM
It's completely fvcked.....I know self employed guys with families paying $20k a year for health insurance....you know kinds like the guys Bill Clinton described as humping it sixty hours a week and their insurance premiums have doubled and their coverage cut in half.

God forbid you'd criticize anything (the anointed one) Mr Obama is responsible for. You are just a bitter rascist who hates poor people and you don't want to pay your fair share

Self awareness is the key to turning your life around... Good on you whitey getting that out in the open!