The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 06, 2016, 04:31:11 AM
In its long history, The Atlantic has endorsed only three presidential candidates, but today it had this to say:

Donald Trump . . . has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America's nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.
but it is fascinating TV. The media love it.

J70

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 06, 2016, 04:31:11 AM
In its long history, The Atlantic has endorsed only three presidential candidates, but today it had this to say:

Donald Trump . . . has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America's nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.

Their endorsement of Hillary was fairly lukewarm too, with her well documented problems. But, after Lincoln and LBJ, she is, as you say, only the third candidate they've endorsed. Shows you what a travesty Trump's candidacy is!

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 01:26:53 AM
Keep beating the Iraq drum if you want but people simply don't care.

BTW......I'm not a Trump supporter.

It is a 2 horse race, if you try to take down one horse, you are aiding the other side. That side killed hundreds of thousands of people based on a lie the last time they won the race. This time, their horse is far, far worse.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2016, 01:26:15 PM

It is a 2 horse race, if you try to take down one horse, you are aiding the other side. That side killed hundreds of thousands of people based on a lie the last time they won the race. This time, their horse is far, far worse.

I don't live in a swing state so my vote doesn't count, but if I did I'd vote for Hillary as. Much as I hate her.  She is a seriously corrupt and evil person

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 02:34:06 PM

I don't live in a swing state so my vote doesn't count, but if I did I'd vote for Hillary as. Much as I hate her.  She is a seriously corrupt and evil person

'Seriously corrupt and evil?'

Can you put this in context please? Are we talking Robert Mugabe or Idi Amin? Or worse?? Stalin maybe???
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Pence's "win" in the veep debate didn't seem to do him much good. Hillary's odds of winning are now up to 78.3%. I could see it reaching the nearly 90% that she had after the convention.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2016, 02:41:51 PM

Can you put this in context please? Are we talking Robert Mugabe or Idi Amin? Or worse?? Stalin maybe???

Corrupt like Charlie or Bertie and evil kinda like how Labour supporters and Nationalists view Margaret Thatcher

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 06, 2016, 03:51:03 PM
Pence's "win" in the veep debate didn't seem to do him much good. Hillary's odds of winning are now up to 78.3%. I could see it reaching the nearly 90% that she had after the convention.

I have a prediction...Hillary will win easily enough, but will have to resign before her first term is over due to scandal

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 03:56:27 PM

I have a prediction...Hillary will win easily enough, but will have to resign before her first term is over due to scandal

Don't tell me ... Benghazi?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 06, 2016, 03:59:41 PM

I thought she was going to get pregnant out of wedlock.

screenexile

The VP debate as it should be doesn't really have much of a knock on to the real race. Good job it doesn't because from what I've seen Pence sounds like a fairly canny operator even if he is a conservative stuck in the 1800s.

Or maybe the bar is so ridiculously low at the minute someone not talking about tweets/beauty queens/the media could pass for a decent politician!

I still don't understand why Ryan didn't run I think he would have won it by a complete landslide!!

whitey

No.....Clinton Foundation.

There was serious pay for play going on and the smoking gun is contained somewhere in the 30,000 deleted emails.

Benghazi was just the tool the Republicans used to suponea her emails (IMHO)

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 04:43:20 PM

No.....Clinton Foundation.

There was serious pay for play going on and the smoking gun is contained somewhere in the 30,000 deleted emails.

Benghazi was just the tool the Republicans used to suponea her emails (IMHO)

What favours were granted?

Do you have a problem with Citizens United?

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 03:54:51 PM

Corrupt like Charlie or Bertie and evil kinda like how Labour supporters and Nationalists view Margaret Thatcher

I would see evil as the killing of hundreds of thousands of people. For that no Republican has ever been indicted.

For corrupt, follow the money from the above.

This time the Republicans want to put in a complete narcissist. We haven't seen anyone that crazy, in charge of the world's greatest power, probably since the last days of the Roman Empire. I would rather see Homer Simpson as POTUS, with Barney Gumble as VP, than a lunatic.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2016, 05:32:26 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 03:54:51 PM

I would see evil as the killing of hundreds of thousands of people. For that no Republican has ever been indicted.

For corrupt, follow the money from the above.

This time the Republicans want to put in a complete narcissist. We haven't seen anyone that crazy, in charge of the world's greatest power, probably since the last days of the Roman Empire. I would rather see Homer Simpson as POTUS, with Barney Gumble as VP, than a lunatic.
Henry 8 and Cromwell were for the birds. Ludwig of Bavaria was insane. So was Mao as was Stalin. Hitler wasn't really at equilibrium either