The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

I'm now even more confused.....were the missing emails ever recovered or is there another 22M still missing?  Either way, any candidate, Republican or Democrat who willfully destroys public records is unfit to hold office IMHO

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2016, 11:18:53 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2016, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2016, 10:39:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2016, 10:30:46 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/05/donald-trumps-former-accountant-says-billionaire-wasnt-brilliant/

As for the emails: http://europe.newsweek.com/george-w-bush-white-house-lost-22-million-emails-497373?rm=eu

Clinton 'lost' 0.1% of the number of emails that the Bush administration lost. Where is the faux outrage over that?

That was also disgraceful but the difference is that Bushs emails weren't intentionally deleted AFTER having being subpoenaed by congress, and they were not stored on a PERSONAL  server in his basement, that was then forensically SCRUBBED, and no devices of his were SMASHED with a hammer to further impede an inquiry.

They were on a private domain and were on a private server. Then they were deleted.

1,000 times the number of Clinton.

I stand corrected on the use of a private server, but the difference between the 2 cases is that Bushs emails were actually recovered because per the Obama Whitehouse they had been "mislabeled"  (which just Reinforces my point about Hillarys server being forensically scrubbed to avoid recovery).

From the Newsweek article you linked:

"Eventually, the Bush White House admitted it had lost 22 million emails, not 5 million. Then, in December 2009—well into Barack Obama's administration—the White House said it found 22 million emails, dated between 2003 and 2005, that it claimed had been mislabeled"

The private server was still in use after 2005 and I thought that Rove deleted 22 million emails in 2007. Anyway, I think the point has been made that this is a pretty frivolous hypocritical 'scandal', invented by Republicans, who are the unquestioned experts in the exact same field themselves.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Wow...so you have no issue with someone who's running for President willfully deleting 30,000 emails that are under congressional subpoena, forensically wiping clean a personal server or directing an aide to smash 3 electronic devices with a hammer to further hinder the investigation.   Sounds like a lot of hard work if she's got nothing to hide

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2016, 11:34:14 PM
Wow...so you have no issue with someone who's running for President willfully deleting 30,000 emails that are under congressional subpoena, forensically wiping clean a personal server or directing an aide to smash 3 electronic devices with a hammer to further hinder the investigation.   Sounds like a lot of hard work if she's got nothing to hide

I didn't say I had no issue with it.

However, I find it completely insane that people in the US think their politicians are saints. These people decide which countries to bomb, which wars to start, which murdering regime to arm to the teeth and you think deleting emails is the issue?
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2016, 11:43:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2016, 11:34:14 PM

I didn't say I had no issue with it.

However, I find it completely insane that people in the US think their politicians are saints. These people decide which countries to bomb, which wars to start, which murdering regime to arm to the teeth and you think deleting emails is the issue?
[/quot

The content of the emails is the issue, their deletion is the cover up......hopefully Wikileaks will be enlightening us in the not too distant future

muppet

How could anything she did in her position, compare with starting a war, based on deliberate lies, which left hundreds of thousands of people dead?

MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2016, 12:46:23 AM
How could anything she did in her position, compare with starting a war, based on deliberate lies, which left hundreds of thousands of people dead?

George W isn't in the ballot ....he was last on there in 2004....(and his place in history has been cemented as the worst president ever.  He would  never see the outside of a jail cell if I had my way)

But you do pose an interesting question....what's she hiding?

Why did she go to those lengths to cover it up?

AND SHE IS ON THE BALLOT

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 12:52:20 AM

George W isn't in the ballot ....he was last on there in 2004....(and his place in history has been cemented as the worst president ever.  He would  never see the outside of a jail cell if I had my way)

AND SHE IS ON THE BALLOT

I never said she was hiding anything. But when the Republicans can invent a scam that leads to hundreds of thousands of dead people, including Americans, without sanction, I wouldn't be revealing anything to them either. Who knows what they would twist it into.

And there is a Republican on the ballot.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2016, 12:55:59 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 12:52:20 AM

AND SHE IS ON THE BALLOT

I never said she was hiding anything. But when the Republicans can invent a scam that leads to hundreds of thousands of dead people, including Americans, without sanction, I wouldn't be revealing anything to them either. Who knows what they would twist it into.

And there is a Republican on the ballot.

I'm sure all will be revealed.....Hillary is on the ballot and her "untrustworthy" rating is 67%.

Lol....when you are subpoenaed by congress and give deposition under oath "revealing" is not optional

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2016, 01:01:34 AM
I'm sure all will be revealed.....Hillary is on the ballot and her "untrustworthy" rating is 67%.

Lol....when you are subpoenaed by congress and give deposition under oath "revealing" is not optional

Just below the number of Americans who thought Iraq was responsible for the 911 attacks.

You want to talk about untrustworthy......

Source:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jun/29/fact-checking-2016-clinton-trump/
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

whitey

Keep beating the Iraq drum if you want but people simply don't care.

BTW......I'm not a Trump supporter.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: seafoid on October 06, 2016, 01:18:58 AM
The 2 candidates are atrocious

Absolutely some difference between listening to them and listening to Vladimir Putin. Who is a proper statesman.

Oraisteach

In its long history, The Atlantic has endorsed only three presidential candidates, but today it had this to say:

Donald Trump . . . has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America's nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.