The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2016, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: dec on August 11, 2016, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2016, 09:35:18 PM
I just used it as an example of the extreme anti religious sentiment that exists on the far left

But what you succeeded in doing is proving that the so called "extreme anti religious sentiment that exists on the far left" is nothing more than right wing internet windbags getting their knickers in the twist about minor PTA arguments.

If you search for Butler Belmont Nutcracker you get thousands of hits the most prominent of which are the usual range of right wing perpetually offended websites like Fox, The Blaze, World Nut Daily etc.

Over a PTA organized school trip.

Well I don't know anything about those websites, but seeing as I actually live on Boston I saw it on the evening news, read about it on the Boston Globe and spoke about it with people whose kids actually attend the school in question

Left wing zealots are just as bigoted and intolerant as the religious right

Whenever the parents complained the PTA decided to go ahead with the trip. Seems reasonable to me.

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2016, 10:00:10 PM
Left wing zealots are just as bigoted and intolerant as the religious right

The PC brigade on here ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

Hillary's probability of winning is now 87.5% according to Five Thirty-Eight. Trump isn't even trying to win at this point. The only question is how big will the rout be and how much damage is he going to do to the Repubs in congress?

CiKe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 12, 2016, 08:40:12 PM
Hillary's probability of winning is now 87.5% according to Five Thirty-Eight. Trump isn't even trying to win at this point. The only question is how big will the rout be and how much damage is he going to do to the Repubs in congress?

Pretty sure NN Taleb was on Twitter disputing Five Thirty eights definition of probability but certainly seems to be heading that way. Wouldn't be a big fan but lesser of two evils I hope...

heganboy

Taleb has a very interesting take on probability in general
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omaghjoe

Quote from: heganboy on August 13, 2016, 06:34:21 AM
Taleb has a very interesting take on probability in general
Is that his black swan theory?
Just read the basics of it there seems..... like a combination of chaos theory and the induction problem.

foxcommander

Hey Eamon & J70 - here's a caption competition for you. Can't wait.

The Milwaukee Wig Company August Fire sale - "Weave" now applied for opening hours "extentions" to cater for the discerning nocturnal looter. Self-checkout facilities available. Please ask for the BLM discount.

screenexile

Criminals committing a crime... What exactly is your point??

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2016, 08:52:35 PM

He's basically saying "here is a black person committing a crime, because that's what black people do."

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 14, 2016, 11:34:01 PM

He's basically saying "here is a black person committing a crime, because that's what black people do."

Who the f**k are you to say what he is saying?

Black lives matter is a racist movement itself.

Don't make people you don't know out to be racist because they despise your politics, I despise your politics but would not resort to that sort of sc**bag behaviour!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

You seem to be ignoring why there's looting in the first place.

foxcommander

They're your words, not mine. No comment on the events of Milwaukee yet Eamon? Justified rioting this time?

stew

Black lives matter sc**bag sticks a gun in a black cops face and refuses to lower it, the stupid c**t is shot dead and there is then an organized protest to the point the national guard was called out.

The liberals organized this and and tr**p caught protesting this arseholes death should get a swift kick up the hole!

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on August 15, 2016, 04:21:48 PM

They're your words, not mine. No comment on the events of Milwaukee yet Eamon? Justified rioting this time?

That eejit will justify this moronic behaviour, I have a friend who is of the liberal bent, he is a successful lad who got the shit kicked out of him, his crime, he is white........... Almost, his father is a light skinned African American and his mother is from Finglass.

Racism is horrible no matter what slant you put on it, liberals are well capable of racism and this proves it yet again, racism is not the left or the right, it is buried deep in the individual and it needs to be eradicated through education and experience.

heganboy

QuoteRacism is horrible no matter what slant you put on it, liberals are well capable of racism and this proves it yet again, racism is not the left or the right, it is buried deep in the individual and it needs to be eradicated through education and experience.

Stew,
institutionalized racism is the main problem that needs tackled. You can start to try and handle the individuals when that has been dealt with
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity