Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2016, 03:36:11 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 03:13:40 PM
A third way
Evin McMullen is going to be running as a representative of the "never Trump" campaign. He is currently the Republican's chief policy advisor in the House of Representatives.

interesting to see how this affects both nominees...

It's another nail on Trump's coffin I would think... 2 Republicans running can only dilute their vote you would think!

He's probably too late to get on the ballot in some states.

Oraisteach

Well, if McMullin, a Mormon Republican from Utah, manages to flip Trump Republicans in Utah and Clinton wins the state, even if Trump wins FL, PA and OH, Clinton still wins the presidency.  He is probably a last-gasp effort of the anti-Trump movement.

J70

He didn't even warrant a mention on the CBS national news this evening.

And they covered Trump and Hillary, although the Delta f**k-up and Zika were the headlines.

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 10:57:19 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 08, 2016, 10:36:48 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 06:08:13 PM
there is a lot of social media going on this one, but not a lot of coverage as yet. Hard to tell what the impact will be. A lot of "why don't you just spoil your ballot" and third way is a wasted vote chat.
I think its interesting...
There are already Libertarian and Green options on the ballot in most States. That they do not figure even with the poor mainstream options shows just how entrenched the current 2 party system is.

I did not know that.

Could you please post up some info on these people?

Libertarian party: Gary Johnson
Ballot access to 370 electoral votes in 36 states (270 needed to win)
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Green Party: Jill Stein:
Ballot access to 334 electoral college votes.
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
Also write in votes in Indiana and North Carolina are possible.

There are about 5 more parties with access to >50 electoral college votes, not enough to win but options for protest votes right across the spectrum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_third_party_and_independent_presidential_candidates,_2016

omaghjoe

A bit of perspective to those living outside the US on the viability of the Liberterians tho...

Somebody was telling me that they elected a new moderate leader, (I dunno if he's the candidate or not). This radical wants to have driving licences!!! Apparently he announced this at the conference and was met with a chorus of boos :D :D :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Don needs to step away from the microphone for a few days

muppet

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Tell me I am not reading this right?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/donald-trump-suggests-gun-owners-could-do-something-about-hillary-clinton-748976.html

If I am, this lad is a dangerous lunatic, and he should be removed from the presidential race immediately. When you see some of the knuckle heads that are pure Trump supporters, this sort of comment is downright irresponsible and dangerous.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/donald-trump-suggests-gun-owners-could-do-something-about-hillary-clinton-748976.html

If I am, this lad is a dangerous lunatic, and he should be removed from the presidential race immediately. When you see some of the knuckle heads that are pure Trump supporters, this sort of comment is downright irresponsible and dangerous.
1968 was similar to 2016. Economy in Meltdown. Racial tension.
Then the assassinations started.

screenexile

Crazy . . . what's worse was his appearance on Hannity where Hannity gave him the spin on it before Trump had to say anything.

Hannity is a quite horrible human being I don't understand how people fall for his shtick!!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2016, 03:12:12 PM

Crazy . . . what's worse was his appearance on Hannity where Hannity gave him the spin on it before Trump had to say anything.

Hannity is a quite horrible human being I don't understand how people fall for his shtick!!!

He is not you odious toad.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

easytiger95

Secret Service might be having a quiet word with Trump.

As for Hannity, Stew, he is a horrible human being - or even more accurate, an odious toad. Thanks for the phrase.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on August 10, 2016, 04:31:01 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2016, 03:12:12 PM

He is not you odious toad.

Ah stew come on now you have to be kidding!! He's a complete chancer who just makes stuff up to suit the guy he's following at a particular stage. His rhetoric and apologies about Trump are laughable only for the fact that so many dumbasses take him seriously!

Gabriel_Hurl

And he lifts $25million a year from Fox