The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Every time I see Trump he is talking to his Base in a parallel reality.
Very Fox echo chamber . Very Roger Ailes. No facts just narratives.
But women and Latinos do not live in Fox world. So he hasn't a hope.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on August 02, 2016, 08:57:14 AM

Anyhoo in related news, those pesky people black lives matter has come up with a list of demands, reparations for blacks, the war on black lives has to end, more political power all over the country and it goes on and on.

I see black lives matter has a rally where white people were told to March at the back, black and brown people were told to march at the front, I guess it's the same old same old from the left.

BLM — racists protesting racism

Unreal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07/27/caught-on-video-black-lives-matter-literally-orders-white-people-to-the-back-of-protest/

Over to you Eamon and J70 ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2016, 04:33:23 PM
Every time I see Trump he is talking to his Base in a parallel reality.
Very Fox echo chamber . Very Roger Ailes. No facts just narratives.
But women and Latinos do not live in Fox world. So he hasn't a hope.

Somewhere between a 1 in 3 and a 1 in 4 chance, according to these:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html?_r=0

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 04:39:49 PM

Anyhoo in related news, those pesky people black lives matter has come up with a list of demands, reparations for blacks, the war on black lives has to end, more political power all over the country and it goes on and on.

I see black lives matter has a rally where white people were told to March at the back, black and brown people were told to march at the front, I guess it's the same old same old from the left.

Unreal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07/27/caught-on-video-black-lives-matter-literally-orders-white-people-to-the-back-of-protest/

Well, I did a little research, sans the Fox News/Blaze/Breitbart slant, and there seems to be controversy even among themselves about what the white participation should be I.e. Should it be blacks only at the lead and leadership of protests, or is it appropriate that white people be front and centre too. I guess not all are diplomatic about their feelings e.g. This particular lady. I guess she doesn't buy into the Hollywood white saviour cliche.

Now, tell me what I SHOULD be thinking. I'm sure it's sophisticated and nuanced as usual!

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 07:12:19 PM

Unreal.

Well, I did a little research, sans the Fox News/Blaze/Breitbart slant, and there seems to be controversy even among themselves about what the white participation should be I.e. Should it be blacks only at the lead and leadership of protests, or is it appropriate that white people be front and centre too. I guess not all are diplomatic about their feelings e.g. This particular lady. I guess she doesn't buy into the Hollywood white saviour cliche.

Now, tell me what I SHOULD be thinking. I'm sure it's sophisticated and nuanced as usual!

"not all are diplomatic about their feelings"

You couldn't bring yourself to say it's plain old racism. But it's ok in your opinion.

Had the shoe been on the other foot. Rosa parks springs to mind.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

Unreal.

You couldn't bring yourself to say it's plain old racism. But it's ok in your opinion.

Is it racist to want black people to be at the head of a movement protesting what they think is prejudiced action against black people?

Would it have been sexist for women to insist that women lead some feminist or women's lib protest?

The thing with the shoe on the other foot is that black people really WERE forced down the back of the bus. They really WERE victims of segregation.

So no, there is no equivalence.

Which is not to say this particular woman isn't racist. She could be. But what happened here doesn't prove that, at least not the details presented. If you have info to shed light on her motives, go for it.

And I didn't say "it's ok". I didn't make a judgement either way, because I don't enough to base a judgement on.

stew

Quote from: heganboy on August 02, 2016, 02:12:58 PM
In a new approach, Drumpf has cemented his BS with his fans by now stating that the election will be rigged. And borrowing from the Ailes playbook his team are saying there will be a bloodbath to follow the election if he doesn't win.

Now there scary thing about this is that trump voters really only know other trump voters, and with that experience they will firmly believe that the result should have been a trump landslide.

This is what happens when politicians are able to express opinions as facts and nobody called them on it...

QuoteRoger Stone, a long time confidante of Trump, amplified these concerns in an interview with a far right wing radio show.

Stone said: "I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly."
Laying out a strategy for Trump to adopt, Stone added: "He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: 'I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there's voter fraud. If there's voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.'"

Who supports Donald Trump? The new Republican center of gravity
Read more
He also promised a "bloodbath" if the Democrats attempted to "steal" the election.

Clinton rigged the primary run off.

Nothing is beneath Clinton, co,e to think of it heganboy neither would you, you are dangerous because my blithely pass of lies as truth, an example of this is trump supportera only know other trump supporters, you are talking bullocks on that score.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Unreal.

Actually Donald Trump springs to mind a lot quicker than Rosa Parks.

This is precisely the type of rhetoric Trump has engaged in. Except he didn't want them 'put them to the back', he wanted people to 'knock the crap out of them' and throw them out completely. He even offered to cover their legal fees.

So if you are genuinely looking for true malicious racism, instead of your usual poorly balanced whataboutery, you can start with your hero.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 07:50:38 PM

Unreal.

Is it racist to want black people to be at the head of a movement protesting what they think is prejudiced action against black people?

Would it have been sexist for women to insist that women lead some feminist or women's lib protest?

The thing with the shoe on the other foot is that black people really WERE forced down the back of the bus. They really WERE victims of segregation.

Which is not to say this particular woman isn't racist. She could be. But what happened here doesn't prove that, at least not the details presented. If you have info to shed light on her motives, go for it.

And I didn't say "it's ok". I didn't make a judgement either way, because I don't enough to base a judgement on.

This woman is calling for segregation of the crowd judged by the colour of their skin. Then the crowd also turn on the white people present because of this.

I thought the point of all this was to prevent anyone from being told to go to the back of the bus. Doesn't appear to be the case, if anything it's payback time, even starting with their own supporters.

You haven't the guts to call it what it is.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on August 02, 2016, 07:58:43 PM

Unreal.

Actually Donald Trump springs to mind a lot quicker than Rosa Parks.

This is precisely the type of rhetoric Trump has engaged in. Except he didn't want them 'put them to the back', he wanted people to 'knock the crap out of them' and throw them out completely. He even offered to cover their legal fees.

So if you are genuinely looking for true malicious racism, instead of your usual poorly balanced whataboutery, you can start with your hero.

You're making a poor attempt to find an excuse for this behaviour.

The pure hatred that is being promoted only serves to show this movement isn't one that is based on justice for all.

muppet

My attempt was poor?

You are equating asking white people to move back at a black protest, to Rosa Parks during Constitutional Segregation ffs.

MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 08:22:05 PM

Unreal.

This woman is calling for segregation of the crowd judged by the colour of their skin. Then the crowd also turn on the white people present because of this.

I thought the point of all this was to prevent anyone from being told to go to the back of the bus. Doesn't appear to be the case, if anything it's payback time, even starting with their own supporters.

Haven't got the guts on an anonymous Internet forum? Are you f**king serious?? ;D

If they didn't want them at all, surely they would just tell them to f**k off??

Why don't you answer my questions from the last post, e.g. about a feminist march being led by women?

Or do YOU lack the guts?

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on August 02, 2016, 08:40:41 PM
My attempt was poor?

You are equating asking white people to move back at a black protest, to Rosa Parks during Constitutional Segregation ffs.

So they weren't practising segregation in that video?? What was it based on then?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 09:17:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 02, 2016, 08:40:41 PM
My attempt was poor?

So they weren't practising segregation in that video?? What was it based on then?

The issue is WHY.

With Rosa Parks and Jim Crow it's clear why. Pure, simple, white supremacy.

Like I said, if you have evidence of this woman's motives for wanting black people front and centre, post it.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 08:22:05 PM

Unreal.

Haven't got the guts on an anonymous Internet forum? Are you f**king serious?? ;D

If they didn't want them at all, surely they would just tell them to f**k off??

Why don't you answer my questions from the last post, e.g. about a feminist march being led by women?

Or do YOU lack the guts?

I didn't answer your question as I found it a ridiculous attempt by you to try claw back some credibility (which you've been exposed badly on)

It wasn't a case of just "leading" the protest, it was a demand that some people "take your rightful positions, and get behind us."

justify that one ;)