The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2016, 12:54:53 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-clinton-tpp-trade-226253

Can't make it up

She will back TPP or some version of it in the end.

As will Trump.

The powers that be and both parties, GOP especially, are in favour.

As is pretty much everyone when they think about it and look at their iPhone and cars and all the other stuff they need for their lives at an affordable cost. Manufacturing ain't coming back to the US, no matter what Trump blathers on about.

Well, maybe he will bring his clothes line back from China!

Declan

QuotePretty powerful speech from Michelle Obama, if its the same guy who writes Barack's he's a talented boy!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/what-s-on-michelle-obama-s-mind-meet-the-speechwriter-who-puts-it-into-words-a7155986.html

Don't you just love the riposte from O'Reilly to the White House line??

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2016, 01:48:56 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-clinton-tpp-trade-226253

Can't make it up

As will Trump.

As is pretty much everyone when they think about it and look at their iPhone and cars and all the other stuff they need for their lives at an affordable cost. Manufacturing ain't coming back to the US, no matter what Trump blathers on about.

I just heard the headlines  But did McAuliffe not just say that Hillary would say one thing to get Bernies folks on board (who are dead set against it) then do the exact opposite when she's elected (I'm paraphrasing here)

That's going to make hem real happy

(Of course he's backtracking already)

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2016, 02:02:46 PM

Can't make it up

As will Trump.

I just heard the headlines  But did McAuliffe not just say that Hillary would say one thing to get Bernies folks on board (who are dead set against it) then do the exact opposite when she's elected (I'm paraphrasing here)

They'll be about as happy as the working class whites backing Trump will be if he gets in and slams into the wall of reality regarding trade agreements and big business!

Whether he's more sincere than Hillary in his rhetoric and platform, I've no idea.

But I think you'd need to be pretty naïve to see what she is doing as anything other than pandering given she previously, if tentatively, supported it.

But, that's the thing with political campaigning. You can promise anything, and blame it on the democratic system once you win. "I'd love to make college free for everyone, but the political reality is that we just can't get it through congress" or "the wall is still a great idea, but we just can't the funding for it and Mexico refuse to do their part".

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2016, 02:14:17 PM

Can't make it up

As will Trump.

They'll be about as happy as the working class whites backing Trump will be if he gets in and slams into the wall of reality regarding trade agreements and big business!

Whether he's more sincere than Hillary in his rhetoric and platform, I've no idea.

But I think you'd need to be pretty naïve to see what she is doing as anything other than pandering given she previously, if tentatively, supported it.

But, that's the thing with political campaigning. You can promise anything, and blame it on the democratic system once you win. "I'd love to make college free for everyone, but the political reality is that we just can't get it through congress" or "the wall is still a great idea, but we just can't the funding for it and Mexico refuse to do their part".

All true, but this is exactly why almost 70% of people don't think Hillary is honest or trustworthy.

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2016, 02:34:27 PM

Can't make it up

As will Trump.

All true, but this is exactly why almost 70% of people don't think Hillary is honest or trustworthy.

I'd put that more down to the email thing.

All politicians pander and make empty promises.

They have to or they'd never get elected! Too many disparate groups to keep happy.

And it's why they're generally viewed as bought and sold and rarely held in high regard.

But it's the email scandal that has driven Hillary's numbers beyond the norm. For which she has only herself to blame.

stew

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2016, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2016, 02:34:27 PM

Can't make it up

As will Trump.

I'd put that more down to the email thing.

All politicians pander and make empty promises.

They have to or they'd never get elected! Too many disparate groups to keep happy.

And it's why they're generally viewed as bought and sold and rarely held in high regard.

But it's the email scandal that has driven Hillary's numbers beyond the norm. For which she has only herself to bl3ame.

I am done here because I don't have a dog in the hunt and Clinton is going to get elected, I was supposed to buy my ticket today to move back to Wisconsin but am holding off until the inevitable happens.

America is going to get hit hard soon, the democrats are going to make sure of that because they are weaker than water on national security.

Keep her lit let's and up hillary........ Right up her!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on July 27, 2016, 10:32:30 AM
They parade the mothers of dead black men up on stage who were killed by cops, that's fine but they forgot that most of them had long rap sheets, I kept waiting for some balance and thought I might see the family of one dead cop up there for I don't know, balance maybe, not a sign.

How did Criminal Appreciation Night go at the democrat convention?

I heard they were selling memorabilia outside. Nice little earner.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

So Trump has said that it's an indictment on America's security if Russia did hack leak the DNC emails but then says this . . .

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/758327323888201729

Top Presidenting there I'd say!!

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on July 27, 2016, 05:03:05 PM
So Trump has said that it's an indictment on America's security if Russia did hack leak the DNC emails but then says this . . .

Can you imagine if Obama called on a foreign government to hack a domestic political opponent? You know what'd happen to the conservative commentators?

J70

That's actually quite funny! :)

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 27, 2016, 07:42:31 PM

Can you imagine if Obama called on a foreign government to hack a domestic political opponent? You know what'd happen to the conservative commentators?

Ah come on... He says plenty of idiotic, ignorant, outrageous shit every day. No need to overreact to a clear joke.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2016, 08:05:00 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 27, 2016, 07:42:31 PM

Ah come on... He says plenty of idiotic, ignorant, outrageous shit every day. No need to overreact to a clear joke.

I'm more concerned about the fact that she deleted 30000 emails even though they were under suponea.

screenexile

But the FBI said it's OK. . . Unless you don't trust law enforcement to do their jobs properly don't you???