Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on July 06, 2016, 07:38:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2016, 08:40:53 AM
Quote from: whitey on July 06, 2016, 02:38:08 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2016, 01:18:29 AM
Quote from: whitey on July 06, 2016, 12:41:27 AM
J70.....Obama became the editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever having published a single article......not one singular solitary article....stone cold affirmative action hire. 

He's no more a constitutional law scholar than I am....his hiring in Chicago was a politically motivated affirmative action hire

Ah Whitey, you have it all backwards.  ;D

Moat people write anonymously for the Harvard Law Review in their first year there. And for very good reason.

Most expect to go on and be successful and don't want such articles coming back to haunt them. And that would apply to less high profile jobs than President.

Despite the above, one article, on the right of the foetus (see what I mean?) has since been attributed to Obama.

Do you have any credible source to back that up...I've read extensively on the topic and that's the first I've ever heard of anyone submitting articles anonymously to the HLW.

http://harvardlawreview.org/about/

...All student writing is unsigned. This policy reflects the fact that many members of the Review besides the author make a contribution to each published piece....

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2010/07/anonymity-of-notes-in-the-harvard-law-review.html

TUESDAY, JULY 13, 2010

Anonymity of Notes in the Harvard Law Review
6a00e54fd2d5af883400e55206f8788834-800wi As is the case with many student-edited law journals, members of the Harvard Law Review may write articles – called "notes" – for publication. But unlike most other student-edited law journals, the Harvard Law Review has a peculiar policy of publishing these articles anonymously.

http://law.fsu.libanswers.com/a.php?qid=29481 [Q & A explaining how to cite an unsigned article]

...This "note" in the Harvard Law Review is student-written and anonymous. In the journal's "about" page online, they state in the second to last paragraph that "All student writing is unsigned..."

https://theheartofbigbrother.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/part-2-harvard-law-review-anonymous-arguments-against-the-4th-amendment/

As for the unsigned Note in the HLR, these are pieces of student writing are a normal part of the educational process that is membership in the review. Anonymity has always been the norm for these pieces. The reason supposedly is that the students are insufficiently formed professionally to have a signed piece published under their name, at least not one that goes through the Note review processed, which assesses them as student papers, rather than the Article review process, which assesses them as faculty or mature independent pieces. Other law schools have moved away from publishing these as unsigned, but not the HLR. Neither the Articles nor the unsigned Notes, in particular not the Notes, represent anything like a consensus or generally accepted view even of the set of students then-working on the review, much less of the Harvard Law School more generally. The Note you have identified is a piece of student writing that does not represent the views of anyone other than its author, likely a second or third year student. If the Dean at the time would have tried to influence that piece in any way, it would have been utterly unacceptable as a matter of academic freedom or the pedagogy behind having student-editors in law journals. Imputing the views of a student Note to every graduate of the Harvard Law School would strike most alumni as bizarre. It provides not more insight into the mind of any of the HLS alums who are presently on the supreme court than it does into the minds of other alums like William Brennan or Ralph Nader, or, for that matter, me. I completely agree that there are real political issues we need to address arising from the national security establishment's expansion. But I don't think an unsigned student Note sheds much light on how we got here or what we need to do to get out.

Ahh..I think I get it....the Republicans were trying to goad him into releasing something they could then use against him.

Would one not reasonably expect that such an esteemed scribe would have left some type of a "written" footprint post Harvard, especially seeing as  he was a constitutional law professor in Chicago???

So in conclusion.....

"Obama became the editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever having published a single article......not one singular solitary article"

Now that it is pointed out to you that all student articles in the HLR are published anonymously.....maybe we can take that one on the chin and move on......to.....

"Would one not reasonably expect that such an esteemed scribe would have left some type of a "written" footprint post Harvard,'

So what would you consider a 'written footprint post Harvard'?

Me....

I couldn't think of any way to find a post-Harvard written footprint:

http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama/e/B001H6OA8E

MWWSI 2017

whitey

Ehhhh.....Im talking about him writing legal opinions and such, you know kinda  like the ones one would expect from an esteemed law professor at one of the top law schools in the country

For example heres a list of Alan Dershowitz musings:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/author/Alan+M.+Dershowitzo

LOL.....the books he wrote which you linked in on Amazon....werent those the ones where his biographer stated he was born in Kenya?

dec

Quote from: whitey on July 07, 2016, 02:12:54 AM
.werent those the ones where his biographer stated he was born in Kenya?

No

muppet

Quote from: whitey on July 07, 2016, 02:12:54 AM
Ehhhh.....Im talking about him writing legal opinions and such, you know kinda  like the ones one would expect from an esteemed law professor at one of the top law schools in the country

For example heres a list of Alan Dershowitz musings:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/author/Alan+M.+Dershowitzo

LOL.....the books he wrote which you linked in on Amazon....werent those the ones where his biographer stated he was born in Kenya?

Eehhhhh....

This is what you said: "Obama became the editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever having published a single article......not one singular solitary article."

Well that didn't go well, did it? What with Harvard Law Review publishing its articles unsigned and stuff......as policy....and you having extensively researched this......and not noticed that.....

Then you desperately changed it to this: "Would one not reasonably expect that such an esteemed scribe would have left some type of a "written" footprint post Harvard"

And that didn't go very well either. What with the autobiography and other yeti-sized footprints.

Anyway, I had an interesting conversation with a recently returned (from the States) politically neutral relative.

She observed that the US election will boil down to this:

How much far-reaching damage, are those who detest the Clintons, willing to do to their country, to stop Hilary gaining power.

In fairness it isn't much of a choice.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2016, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on July 06, 2016, 01:23:37 PM
http://www.newstalk.com/Donald-Trump-accused-of-statutory-rape-assault-and-battery-against-13yearold-girl

He [Saddam] killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights. They didn't talk. They were terrorists.

I wonder if Donald will want his rights now?

That Trump quote reminds me of some nonsense from Mr Potato Head, John Bolton. He said there is no comparison between terrorism and Israel shooting civilians. One is obscene and the other is tragic.

muppet

This sums up the misogyny, racism and complete hatred involved in US politics in one photo. And typically, those behind it think it sends the opposite message.

MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 12:38:01 AM
This sums up the misogyny, racism and complete hatred involved in US politics in one photo. And typically, those behind it think it sends the opposite message.

Saw this on a bumper sticker the other day. Nice.

omaghjoe

Those Sanders supporters have gone to far with that one

seafoid

The political system in the US can't cope with the fallout from the economic situation. The Founders devised a King less system of checks and balances to avoid the system coming under the control of a corrupt elite but the wealth of the wealthiest is off the scale now. Political polarisation has been the norm for a few years and reduces the chances of chronic issues such as healthcare or climate  being dealt with coherently. The Clinton email thing is one example of what the other side do with an issue. American failure is something to get used to.

Seamus

So it's best to just vote for Hillary, never bring up her criminal activity and that of her husband and get set for "The Reign of Terror"?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

muppet

Quote from: Seamus on July 08, 2016, 11:17:20 AM

So it's best to just vote for Hillary, never bring up her criminal activity and that of her husband and get set for "The Reign of Terror"?

Why do you beat your wife?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Oh, Fox? What's that you were saying about Obama's "failed presidency?"

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2016, 04:22:40 AM
Oh, Fox? What's that you were saying about Obama's "failed presidency?"

You've been busy with photoshop I see :D
Unemployment 4.9% ???

Do crack dealers, thieves and bootleg CD/DVD sellers count as employed? Obviously do under the Obama administration.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Seamus

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: Seamus on July 08, 2016, 11:17:20 AM

Why do you beat your wife?

I don't beat my wife, why do you ask why? Where is your proof?

Did that tee-shirt make you go home and beat your wife? If so you have far greater underlying problems and blaming a tee-shirt is only a cop out.

Hillary Clinton should be in jail and possibly on Death Row. All that knows of her criminal deeds would never equate those words with being anti women. Of course there are those that blindly follow, that is their problem. No need for political correctness when it comes to that sociopath.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus