Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 05, 2016, 04:07:52 AM
Just throwing it out there...

What does that prove exactly. Plenty of lecturers around

He didn't even make it to professor.

I think it's evidence that he's not stupid.

Like the poster says!  ;)

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 05:43:59 PM
Quote from: dec on July 05, 2016, 05:19:00 PM
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer."

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Regarded as. Not qualified.

If he was "not qualified", why did the faculty invite him to become a full time, tenure track professor, not once, but "several times"?

(Not that I give a bollocks, but you seemingly do!)

muppet

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2016, 06:19:55 PM

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer."

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

If he was "not qualified", why did the faculty invite him to become a full time, tenure track professor, not once, but "several times"?

Fox was Summa Cum Laude at Harvard Law. Can't you tell?  :D
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Obama supported a lot of illegal policies as Prez

foxcommander

Not the first time he was invited to a apply for a post he wasn't qualified for.

Maybe you should research it a little more and find out what he actually lectured about. The result will be quite unsurprising.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2016, 06:16:33 PM

That poster is clearly evidence. Go **** in a sock.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 07:26:53 PM

Not the first time he was invited to a apply for a post he wasn't qualified for.

Maybe you should research it a little more and find out what he actually lectured about. The result will be quite unsurprising.

I don't care what he lectured about. But fill us in if you wish.

You're the one claiming he was only "regarded" as a professor, not "qualified".

The very paragraph you quoted contradicts that.

And he wasn't invited to apply. He was invited to join. Qualification is usually a prequisite to joining, but sure go ahead and prove that he wasn't qualified.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 07:28:12 PM

;D ;D :-*

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2016, 08:54:31 PM

And he wasn't invited to apply. He was invited to join. Qualification is usually a prequisite to joining, but sure go ahead and prove that he wasn't qualified.

Being regarded as something doesn't make it true. Otherwise I could regard myself as the best forward to have ever graced a pitch.

Where does it say he was a qualified professor?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2016, 08:55:40 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 07:28:12 PM

;D ;D :-*

That was more for Eamon than you - he gets fierce worked up about this stuff. Usually in public toilets.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 05, 2016, 11:39:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2016, 08:54:31 PM

Being regarded as something doesn't make it true. Otherwise I could regard myself as the best forward to have ever graced a pitch.

Where does it say he was a qualified professor?

Well, if you got an offer to play for a top class club, you could at least console yourself that you were at least qualified to play at that level.

But, if you can't even acknowledge what the college itself is saying in black and white about Obama (with some red I added for you benefit), you need help with your deluded, irrational hatred.

whitey

J70.....Obama became the editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever having published a single article......not one singular solitary article....stone cold affirmative action hire. 

He's no more a constitutional law scholar than I am....his hiring in Chicago was a politically motivated affirmative action hire

muppet

Quote from: whitey on July 06, 2016, 12:41:27 AM
J70.....Obama became the editor of the Harvard Law Review without ever having published a single article......not one singular solitary article....stone cold affirmative action hire. 

He's no more a constitutional law scholar than I am....his hiring in Chicago was a politically motivated affirmative action hire

Ah Whitey, you have it all backwards.  ;D

Moat people write anonymously for the Harvard Law Review in their first year there. And for very good reason.

Most expect to go on and be successful and don't want such articles coming back to haunt them. And that would apply to less high profile jobs than President.

Despite the above, one article, on the right of the foetus (see what I mean?) has since been attributed to Obama.
MWWSI 2017

J70

So there's reports from back then that Obama was elected editor of Harvard Law Review and given a job at the University of Chicago due to affirmative action?

Editors then typically had lots of publications to their names? Obama was demonstrably less qualified than anyone else to ascend to those positions?

whitey

Quote from: muppet on July 06, 2016, 01:18:29 AM

Ah Whitey, you have it all backwards.  ;D

Moat people write anonymously for the Harvard Law Review in their first year there. And for very good reason.

Most expect to go on and be successful and don't want such articles coming back to haunt them. And that would apply to less high profile jobs than President.

Despite the above, one article, on the right of the foetus (see what I mean?) has since been attributed to Obama.

Do you have any credible source to back that up...I've read extensively on the topic and that's the first I've ever heard of anyone submitting articles anonymously to the HLW.