The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Lol-she's out there blasting Wall Street while at he same time earning millions of dollars in speakers fees behind closed doors saying God knows what. Wow...how very coreageous of the NY Times to write an editorial asking her to release them

Taken from the comment section of the editorial in question. "Why didn't The Times run an editorial like this before they endorsed her in the primaries"

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:27:10 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 17, 2016, 01:03:50 AM
IMHO the Clintons have gotten away with murder for years, aided and abetted in large part by a very sympathetic mainstream media.

The problem for them today is that most people don't solely rely on the MSM for their news.....they get it from lots of different sources

The Clintons were/are excellent liars, but in the era of instant fact check their bullshit doesn't fly any more

Perfect example is Bill and Hillary Clinton claiming on the campaign that Bernie also got paid for speeches (the old false equivalency) so why was everyone ganging up on poor Hillary. Bernie gave one speech for $500 which he donated to a real charity (not the Clinton Foundation). Within minutes the Clintons were being ridiculed over social media for making such an outrageous claim.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/sanders-shatters-clintons_b_9276584.html

What have they got away with though?

Bill Clinton was dogged by sex scandals from before the 1992 NH primary. Then all kinds of scandals and conspiracies were continually thrown up and investigated, culminating in him lying under oath about a bj from an intern and getting impeached. Just because Bill Clinton kept getting up and coming back doesn't mean that the media weren't doing their job. The Washington Post broke and hyped Whitewater. The NY Times hammered him over Lewinsky. Are those not the epitome of the so-called MSM? It wasn't just Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and Fox News going after Clinton, although they did drive the Vince Foster type conspiracy shit. Has there been a president MORE investigated by Congress than him?

Same with Hillary. If even a quarter of the effort was put into investigating the Iraq War as has been put into investigating and hyping Benghazi and these emails, the Bush administration would have been tied in knots fighting scandals. If you want to talk about a compliant media, look no further than the rush to the Iraq war. And how many congressional and agency investigations have there been into Benghazi and the emails?

Is the real "problem" not that they usually seem to beat these charges, whether due to them being trumped up or lacking in evidence, rather than them not being investigated and reported?
the GOP has been nuts for at least 25 years

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on May 17, 2016, 04:11:27 PM

Lol-she's out there blasting Wall Street while at he same time earning millions of dollars in speakers fees behind closed doors saying God knows what. Wow...how very coreageous of the NY Times to write an editorial asking her to release them

Taken from the comment section of the editorial in question. "Why didn't The Times run an editorial like this before they endorsed her in the primaries"

Why doesn't Trump release his tax returns??

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2016, 05:03:26 PM

Why doesn't Trump release his tax returns??

I don't know, but he should

gawa316

So couldn't be arsed going back through all these pages to find an answer but is Sanders not the fecking obvious choice to be next president? I have very limited politics knowledge so I could be wrong btw, but just looking in as an outsider he seems the right choice. My facebook gets lit up everyday about all the reasons why Trump and Clinton shouldn't be president. Their supporters are not promoting what they can do, rather what the other can't do and bringing up countless things they've done in the past to discount them.

Again I could be wrong but anything I see about Sanders is positive and he has always the 'peoples' interests at heart. Anyone care to enlighten me? What are thoughts on Sanders? Is it the 'dumb yank' mentality? Republican v Democrat?

J70

Well, you're complaining that she's getting a free ride. Why would they bother at all if they're totally in the tank for her? It's not like she heeded their advice anyway.

And what does the timing of the editorial have to do with anything? It was news that week because of Sanders, and they basically agreed that he had a very valid point. They can still think she's a better candidate than Bernie even if they don't agree with everything she stands for. You should pull up some of their GOP endorsements!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 05:54:31 PM

Well, you're complaining that she's getting a free ride. Why would they bother at all if they're totally in the tank for her? It's not like she heeded their advice anyway.

And what does the timing of the editorial have to do with anything? It was news that week because of Sanders, and they basically agreed that he had a very valid point. They can still think she's a better candidate than Bernie even if they don't agree with everything she stands for. You should pull up some of their GOP endorsements!

I contend that the NY Times is biased in favor of Hillary and I'm not the only one

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/267692-the-new-york-times-bias-and-hillary-clinton

You of course are entitled to your opinion and that's why this is called a discussion board

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 17, 2016, 06:13:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 05:54:31 PM

I contend that the NY Times is biased in favor of Hillary and I'm not the only one

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/267692-the-new-york-times-bias-and-hillary-clinton

You of course are entitled to your opinion and that's why this is called a discussion board

Hold on there. I never said they weren't biased towards her. They may well be and they did endorse her, after all. Every newspaper editorial page in the country favours one party and eventually one candidate. What kind of treatment does Hillary get in the Wall Street Journal or, up your neck of the woods, the Boston Herald?

My issue here has been your claim that the Clintons get away with everything and are let slide by the so-called mainstream media (whatever that is in this day and age), presumably unlike Republicans.

seafoid

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/05/26/the-magic-of-donald-trump/

"A lot of times when I speak, people say I don't provide specific policies that some pollster has determined are what people want to hear. I know that's not the way the professional politicians do it—they seem to poll and focus-group every word. But there's nobody like me.

Nobody.

I ask people to look at what I've done throughout my whole career. Look at how successful I've been doing things my way. So they have a choice: They can pretend some impossible solution is actually going to happen, or they can listen to the person who has proved that he can solve problems.

I started in a relatively small real estate company based in Brooklyn and made more than $10 billion. I now live on what is considered the best block of real estate anywhere in the world—Fifth Avenue between 56th Street and 57th Street, right next to Tiffany's in the heart of New York City."

stew

Bubba dismissed his security detail to travel with Epstein, a friend and known paedophile who used to molest scores of young girls, sometimes at 'orgy island'

Bubba could bring his rodent of a wife down yet, he seems to have the sexual appetite of another liberal president JFK.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Keyser soze

Quote from: stew on May 17, 2016, 11:41:35 PM
Bubba dismissed his security detail to travel with Epstein, a friend and known paedophile who used to molest scores of young girls, sometimes at 'orgy island'

Bubba could bring his rodent of a wife down yet, he seems to have the sexual appetite of another liberal president JFK.

You need counselling.

screenexile

I see Trump was at his conciliatory best with Megyn Kelly last night!!!

whitey

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 18, 2016, 09:23:37 AM

You need counselling.

This actually is a real story

J70

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2016, 09:26:22 AM
I see Trump was at his conciliatory best with Megyn Kelly last night!!!

Until she has the gall to question him on something again...

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 18, 2016, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 18, 2016, 09:23:37 AM

You need counselling.

This actually is a real story

How does it play out though?

Does Trump and Roger Stone have some of these women ready to go with claims that they serviced or were forced to service Clinton?