The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 12, 2016, 07:00:56 AM
BTW Trump latest skit is his taxes. He is refusing to release his Tax returns until his audit is finished, thing is it probably wont be finished until after the election. :D

Herself reckons it nothing to do with dodgy stuff he is trying to pull with the IRS, rather that it will show that he didnt actually make half as much money as he is letting on.

Wouldn't surprise me I saw an interview with the guy from Forbes who says Trump nearly stalks him every year the rich list comes out saying that Forbes have undervalued him...

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#677a763d790b

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on May 11, 2016, 02:36:33 AM
Ya wanna check your sources there fella?
Would those be the dead heats that the polls are referring to?

Or are these separate polls you did yourself?

Lo...I was so excited when I saw the headline I left out the "or level with" part.

It's gonna get interesting

J70

BTW Trump latest skit is his taxes. He is refusing to release his Tax returns until his audit is finished, thing is it probably wont be finished until after the election. :D

Herself reckons it nothing to do with dodgy stuff he is trying to pull with the IRS, rather that it will show that he didnt actually make half as much money as he is letting on.

Its ironic that Romney is now charging that Trump has something to hide, when four years ago Trump was urging Romney to release his tax returns!

I would agree with your missus - he's probably not near as wealthy as he's claiming.

Or maybe there are some dodgy foreign entanglements or conflicts of interest or offshore accounts.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2016, 01:28:34 PM

Its ironic that Romney is now charging that Trump has something to hide, when four years ago Trump was urging Romney to release his tax returns!

I would agree with your missus - he's probably not near as wealthy as he's claiming.

Or maybe there are some dodgy foreign entanglements or conflicts of interest or offshore accounts.

Whats interesting is that unlike most candidates who release their tax filings to show they pay their "fair share", Trump has boasted that he pays as little as possible because the government wastes it. 

The irony is that the Kennedys, Clintons and Heinz-Kerrys,  use very similar tax shelters to those that wealthy Republicans use but yet have the audactity   to lecture the rest of us about paying our fair share

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 11, 2016, 08:26:42 AM
I watched this on Netflix last night and found it very interesting on how the US has gotten to where it is now in terms of inequality.
Unfortunately some of it rings true on this side of the Atlantic as well.

Requiem for the American dream

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3270538/

great watch :)

seafoid

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/05/06/trumps-long-game-becoming-general-election-candidate/
Trump has also been successful at branding his opponents. He knows how to do that: pick a perceived weakness, give it a name, and repeat, repeat, repeat, ad infinitum. Toward the end of the primaries he had his audiences cheerfully chanting "Lyin' Ted," and soon enough they'll be saying "Crooked Hillary." (Trump toyed with "Incompetent Hillary" for a while, but then alighted on the sharper and more damaging appellation.)

J70

Luckily for Hillary, Trump and his GOP competitors have provided fodder galore for her in this campaign alone, before she even begins to delve into his past.

It is going to be nasty!

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2016, 01:39:09 PM
Luckily for Hillary, Trump and his GOP competitors have provided fodder galore for her in this campaign alone, before she even begins to delve into his past.

It is going to be nasty!
Brutal. And it'll mean the next admin has a huge challenge to rule the country

stew

Oh boy, the Donald says all lives matter, strapon and the prez say black lives matter, trump wants to create jobs and strapon wants to put the coal miners out of  business.

All lives matter, hmmm, what a concept!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Clinton is on record as stating that the black lives matter folks, she spoke of the way the black lives matter people 'acted with dignity' when protesting on the streets, the same people who chanted ' what do we want, dead cops, when do we want it? NOW.

Another gem is ' pigs in a blanket,fry em like bacon' I mean there is such dignity in those statements!

f**k black lives matter and the political whore who fawns over them for their vote and who will not give a shite about them the second she gets elected.

J70

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2016, 10:21:41 AM
Oh boy, the Donald says all lives matter, strapon and the prez say black lives matter, trump wants to create jobs and strapon wants to put the coal miners out of  business.

More dishonest bollocks.

You know very well that the "All Lives Matter" bullshit is just an attempt to deny the legitimacy of black complaints about their treatment at the hands of the justice system. Its "Black Lives Matter Too", NOT "Only Black Lives Matter"

And the reason you know this is because we've had this conversation a number of times in which you've never refuted that distinction.

That aside, are you now coming around to Trump?

As for "strapon" - are you 12?

J70

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2016, 10:36:17 AM
Clinton is on record as stating that the black lives matter folks, she spoke of the way the black lives matter people 'acted with dignity' when protesting on the streets, the same people who chanted ' what do we want, dead cops, when do we want it? NOW.

Another gem is ' pigs in a blanket,fry em like bacon' I mean there is such dignity in those statements!

f**k black lives matter and the political whore who fawns over them for their vote and who will not give a shite about them the second she gets elected.

I know this is a waste of time, because I've asked you this before, but here goes...

There was one incident of BLM protestors using the "pigs in a blanket" chant in MN. Are there any others?

And if not, should a single chant be used to define a group at the expense of all else they do?

J70

And on the BLM issue, that piece of human excrement, George Zimmerman, is putting a "piece of American history" i.e. the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin in an altercation HE initiated and could have avoided, up for sale on the internet. Apparently some of the proceeds will be used to fight BLM and Obama.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36281438

I'm not one to wish violence or harm to anyone, but I will not have a shred of sympathy for this piece of pondscum when the day comes that he picks on the wrong person or some equally moronic idiot decides to make a name for himself by offing him.

stew

Quote from: J70 on May 14, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
Quote from: stew on May 14, 2016, 10:21:41 AM

More dishonest bollocks.

You know very well that the "All Lives Matter" bullshit is just an attempt to deny the legitimacy of black complaints about their treatment at the hands of the justice system. Its "Black Lives Matter Too", NOT "Only Black Lives Matter"

And the reason you know this is because we've had this conversation a number of times in which you've never refuted that distinction.

That aside, are you now coming around to Trump.

As for "strapon" - are you 12?

Black lives matter started out as a legitimate protest group, they became a hate group that is divisive and morally reprehensible, it is also backed by the bern and killory.

I am not now nor will I ever come around to Trump.

As for strapon, I hate the ****, deal with it!