The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

More angry protests today at ca gop convention , burning  a us flag while waving Mexican flag at same time and cops just looking at them, do these idiots even realize how they are contradicting themselves with this behavior . Think this sort of stuff will actually help trump

omaghjoe

Quote from: Gmac on April 30, 2016, 03:24:39 AM
More angry protests today at ca gop convention , burning  a us flag while waving Mexican flag at same time and cops just looking at them, do these idiots even realize how they are contradicting themselves with this behavior . Think this sort of stuff will actually help trump

:D
Thats funny, although nothing new. Sure when America plays Mexico in the Rose Bowl the American anthem gets booed. ;D

You have to laugh at it, most Mexicans I know are seriously embarrassed by idiotic actions like that.

seafoid

George Orwell said something interesting in an article here .
https://secure.palmcoastd.com/ows-img/commentary/bestofpremium/Best%20of%20Commentary%20for%20iPad%2040s.pdf
Fascism couldn't happen in the UK unless one of the parties fell apart and the voters became available.

The Republican party is falling apart now. The voters are available.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on April 29, 2016, 10:01:50 PM

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/24_opt_out_of_a_clinton_trump_race

Ita nowhere near the blowout many are predicting

Whitey, i hear you on the popular vote and demographic profiling. And i think you are accurate.
The reality is that has very little to do with presedential results.
Even if what rasmussen posits comes to pass you still have a massive electoral college win for Clinton. And i mean massive. The issues for the GOP as it stands are not those of the presidential race itself, but rather how will it be viewed locally if i support or dont support Trump. Depending on turn out, trump running could shift both houses, a landslide and a majority in both houses for Hilary, as well as many local races that should be close going significantly one way or the other.
Let me just clarify "as it stands" with the news cycles as they are strange things, and wierdness can happen, especially in the 24 hours prior to voting. But as it looks right now, the trump prospect looks likely to bring out the middle, and they vote sane. The many local elections that will be completely upended by a strong centrist (currently dem leaning) voting public could actually break the GOP as we know it... 
Interesting times

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on April 30, 2016, 06:56:31 AM

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/24_opt_out_of_a_clinton_trump_race

Whitey, i hear you on the popular vote and demographic profiling. And i think you are accurate.
The reality is that has very little to do with presedential results.
Even if what rasmussen posits comes to pass you still have a massive electoral college win for Clinton. And i mean massive. The issues for the GOP as it stands are not those of the presidential race itself, but rather how will it be viewed locally if i support or dont support Trump. Depending on turn out, trump running could shift both houses, a landslide and a majority in both houses for Hilary, as well as many local races that should be close going significantly one way or the other.
Let me just clarify "as it stands" with the news cycles as they are strange things, and wierdness can happen, especially in the 24 hours prior to voting. But as it looks right now, the trump prospect looks likely to bring out the middle, and they vote sane. The many local elections that will be completely upended by a strong centrist (currently dem leaning) voting public could actually break the GOP as we know it... 
Interesting times
The GOP Base is out of touch with the other 60% and has been decimated by GOP economic policies. Will not vote for a candidate chosen by the party.
The situation is very unstable. 

stew

The cops do nit have the backing from the president, the Russians are buzzing American warships and doing stunts as they fly and this clown does nothing, this bastard has eroded the respect for American authority and he should be curbing these attacks on American democracy, the man is an absolute disgrace tie the nation.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the democrat party.  :-[

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

"American authority" :o FFS!
The Vietnamese put that back in its box 40 years ago ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2016, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 29, 2016, 07:18:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Seems everyone across the board feels Cruz is a complete t**ser, personally.
He was a major mover behind the shutdown in 2013. He is an evangelical fundi. He shares a lot of Trump's foreign policy notions. He thinks there is a huge fundi Christian bloc to take him over the winning line out there. There isn't.

The GOP is tearing itself apart. I haven't enjoyed a news story as much since the collapse of the news of the world.
sounds like your sitting in some room with msnbc cnn and Al Jazeera on 3 tvs and getting Twitter updates from jake tapper Rachel maddow and wolf blitzer

You think the GOP is in good shape for this coming election and beyond, at both the presidential and congressional level?

(Yes, the House is locked in for another few years due to the 2010 gerrymandering, but they're not exactly living up to their unrealistic promises, hence the backlash against the "establishment")

Is it normal to have so many leading members of a party and their bankrollers lamenting their two presidential options?

J70

Quote from: seafoid on April 29, 2016, 07:18:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Seems everyone across the board feels Cruz is a complete t**ser, personally.
He was a major mover behind the shutdown in 2013. He is an evangelical fundi. He shares a lot of Trump's foreign policy notions. He thinks there is a huge fundi Christian bloc to take him over the winning line out there. There isn't.

The GOP is tearing itself apart. I haven't enjoyed a news story as much since the collapse of the news of the world.

Lol-if you think Hillary is going to steamroll over Trump you may be in for a very rude awakening

24%?

When's the last time a US election had 76% turnout? ;D

J70

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2016, 09:09:08 AM

The cops do nit have the backing from the president, the Russians are buzzing American warships and doing stunts as they fly and this clown does nothing, this b**tard has eroded the respect for American authority and he should be curbing these attacks on American democracy, the man is an absolute disgrace tie the nation.

Did Kerry not come out and say those ships would have been within their rights to shoot down the planes?

Are you proposing that they should have shot first and warned later?

Or what are you proposing?

On the cops and the California protests, what exactly does that have to do with Obama?

And whatever the shortcomings of the Democratic party, they ain't the GOP!

whitey

I think Hillary will beat Trump, but in this election cycle expect the unexpected.

Hillary has a lot of skeletons and who knows what will happen with her legal issues between now and November.

I was listening to a radio show during the week, and Mark Halperin said that of the 3 Republicans left in the race, Trump would be the one Hillary fears most because he will go places (attack) no one else would even dream of going

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on April 30, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
I think Hillary will beat Trump, but in this election cycle expect the unexpected.

Hillary has a lot of skeletons and who knows what will happen with her legal issues between now and November.

I was listening to a radio show during the week, and Mark Halperin said that of the 3 Republicans left in the race, Trump would be the one Hillary fears most because he will go places (attack) no one else would even dream of going
The attack ads will be vicious. The presidency will be like the tea party years to the power of x.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on April 30, 2016, 02:24:43 PM

This is undoubtedly true, but this will also be his undoing imho.

MWWSI 2017

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2016, 12:37:57 PM
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2016, 09:09:08 AM

The cops do nit have the backing from the president, the Russians are buzzing American warships and doing stunts as they fly and this clown does nothing, this b**tard has eroded the respect for American authority and he should be curbing these attacks on American democracy, the man is an absolute disgrace tie the nation.

Did Kerry not come out and say those ships would have been within their rights to shoot down the planes?

Are you proposing that they should have shot first and warned later?

Or what are you proposing?

On the cops and the California protests, what exactly does that have to do with Obama?

And whatever the shortcomings of the Democratic party, they ain't the GOP!
the cops in the area are all under the thumb of democrat leaders so are the  chp so I'm assuming the policy is laid out for the cops on the ground, if you want to protest fine but don't block streets and try intimidate people . Let's say 200 people were outside a democrat convention protesting to make the border more secure and to deport any criminal illegal aliens from sanctuary cities both legitimate protests and they blocked streets and started intimidating people who disagreed wth them do you think the police would. Be instructed to react the same?  I think not