The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 26, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
Quote from: stew on March 26, 2016, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 25, 2016, 10:32:39 PM
Now the conservative front-runners are beating each other up using their wives as clubs. Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic.

Trump is no conservative and you know it, Cruz reacted to your plant attacking his wife, as would any man you dolt.

By attacking the other wife in return? Is that manly in your view? Interesting.

You are so arrogant you ask and answer your own question to me, never put words in my mouth and there is nothing manly about hurting a woman in any way, shape or form, is that interesting enough for you gallbladder?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on March 27, 2016, 11:19:12 AM
Now the conservative front-runners are beating each other up using their wives as clubs. Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic.

Trump is no conservative and you know it, Cruz reacted to your plant attacking his wife, as would any man you dolt.

You are so arrogant you ask and answer your own question to me, never put words in my mouth and there is nothing manly about hurting a woman in any way, shape or form, is that interesting enough for you gallbladder?

Except when it's Hilary Clinton though, yeah?

screenexile

Has to be post of the year... Did you see what you posted 10 minutes prior to the above??

Hurting women isn't OK but f**k Hillary Clinton. What the f**k does conservative mean anymore if this is the kind of shit you guys pull??!!

God this and god that but f**k off Muslims, Mexicans and Hillary. Jesus would be so proud of his followers right now  ::) ::) ::)

seafoid

Quote from: stew on March 27, 2016, 11:09:52 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 27, 2016, 06:18:26 AM
Bernie notched up 2 wins in Washington state and alaska. Clinton should be doing way better. She is missing something. Maybe cos she is too close to Wall St.

Nope, the people know her for the odious, toe jam piece of crap that she is.
Could be. She is almost as odious as Trump

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2016, 12:34:48 PM

Stew there is no one on this board more guilty of what Stew accuses everyone of than Stew. It is hilarious at this stage.

Has to be post of the year... Did you see what you posted 10 minutes prior to the above??

Hurting women isn't OK but f**k Hillary Clinton. What the f**k does conservative mean anymore if this is the kind of shit you guys pull??!!

God this and god that but f**k off Muslims, Mexicans and Hillary. Jesus would be so proud of his followers right now  ::) ::) ::)
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 27, 2016, 03:08:39 AM
J70, though Cruz is justified in his reaction to this week's below-the-belt mysoginistic comments, it has to be said that he kept quiet and sucked up to Trump when he should have been reprimanding him for his remarks about Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina and all the other despicable things he said about women.  Selective outrage.

Absolutely fair point. It suited Cruz, at the time, and before Trump turned his attention towards him, to remain silent while Trump went after others with his school yard bullshit.

DuffleKing

Interesting. Given Sanders' momentum is coming so late in the day but appears very strong and sustainable,  is it possible he could still stand independently? That's assuming he doesn't get the democratic nomination of course. Nader's predictions seem entirely inevitable when you take a step back.

Assuming bernie is not electable in modern America I would prefer Clinton only because I see no other viable candidate.

Leaving aside party politics,  has there ever been a worse collection of runners for the Republican nomination? Was there noone centre left in the democratic party that could have challenged Clinton and secured support of democratic king makers?

It has looked from a long way out that the democratic party would not countenance a serious challenge to Clinton.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2016, 12:22:13 PM

Except when it's Hilary Clinton though, yeah?
I despise Clinton but i would never condone hurting her in any way, so nay to yeah bladder, thanks for trying though. 😉

stew

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 28, 2016, 09:16:33 AM

Interesting. Given Sanders' momentum is coming so late in the day but appears very strong and sustainable,  is it possible he could still stand independently? That's assuming he doesn't get the democratic nomination of course. Nader's predictions seem entirely inevitable when you take a step back.

Assuming bernie is not electable in modern America I would prefer Clinton only because I see no other viable candidate.

Leaving aside party politics,  has there ever been a worse collection of runners for the Republican nomination? Was there noone centre left in the democratic party that could have challenged Clinton and secured support of democratic king makers?

It has looked from a long way out that the democratic party would not countenance a serious challenge to Clinton.

There is not one viable candidate, period end of.

stew

J70, though Cruz is justified in his reaction to this week's below-the-belt mysoginistic comments, it has to be said that he kept quiet and sucked up to Trump when he should have been reprimanding him for his remarks about Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina and all the other despicable things he said about women.  Selective outrage.

In fairness he was not married to either of those ladies and Trump attacked the mother of his children, it was a political decision to say nothing, I don't agree with it but he is a politician after all.

stew

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2016, 12:34:48 PM

Who said the Muslims and Mexicans should f**k off?

You liberals are some shower, if a law does not suit you simply ignore it.

What is so wrong with wanting the law of the land to be upheld?

I am fine with Muslims and Hispanics coming into the country if they are legally entitled to, same goes for the Irish, Chinese and Nigerians etc.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 28, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

In fairness he was not married to either of those ladies and Trump attacked the mother of his children, it was a political decision to say nothing, I don't agree with it but he is a politician after all.

Yep. Cruz made a calculated decision to "be nice" to Trump back then. It was still the perceived wisdom that Trump would eventually flame out, so Cruz wanted to keep Trump's supporters onside so that he could sweep in and coopt them once Trump was done. Which was all good, from Cruz's perspective, until Trump didn't flame out, but instead started attacking Cruz.

Gabriel_Hurl

This Washington Post interview is ...... something

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/?tid=pm_pop_b

QuoteHIATT: But just – given the Supreme Court rulings on libel — Sullivan v. New York Times — how would you change the law?

TRUMP: I would just loosen them up.

RUTH MARCUS: What does that mean?

[Crosstalk]

TRUMP: I'd have to get my lawyers in to tell you, but I would loosen them up. I would loosen them up. If The Washington Post writes badly about me – and they do, they don't write good – I mean, I don't think I get – I read some of the stories coming up here, and I said to my staff, I said, "Why are we even wasting our time? The hatred is so enormous." I don't know why. I mean, I do a good job. I have thousands of employees. I work hard.

RYAN: The reason I keep asking this is because you've said three times you've said we are going to open up the libel laws and when we ask you what you mean you say hatred, or bad–

TRUMP: I want to make it more fair from the side where I am, because things are said that are libelous, things are said about me that are so egregious and so wrong, and right now according to the libel laws I can do almost nothing about it because I'm a well-known person you know, etc., etc

seafoid

Mencken had a quote about the US elections being perfected so that one day the president would be a downright moron.