The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2016, 10:15:52 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-just-say-it-the-republicans-are-the-problem/2012/04/27/gIQAxCVUlT_story.html

A liberal rag that has lost credibility as a source of news and unbiased reporting, the democrats own the media in the states and when I go back i won't buy a paper ever again, its time has come and gone, journalistic integrity is dead and buried.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 17, 2016, 07:09:21 PM
Stew, Clinton is not my darling.  Look at the options. Trump, hell no!  Cruz, hell no!  Kasich, no chance and comes across as more kindly than he actually is.  Sanders, not a chance that he'd ever be able to enact his agenda.  So, that leaves Clinton.  Certainly not ideal, but a Democrat, and therefore more likely to be compassionate/empathetic.  Wish Elizabeth Warren had run.  But if Bernie gets the nomination, I'll vote for him.

It would nit matter to you if Jesus himself was running against Clinton or Bernie as a republican, you cannot see past your nose and because of your ties to your union you are all in with that tr**p Pillory, why not Kasich? He has done tremendous work in his home state and the best you can come up with is that he is not as kindly as he comes across? Sad really, do you not see the irony/hypocrisy in that spoke? You support Clinton ffs!

Keep blindly following the liberal agenda and see where gets you in the end, if they get in again, and they will, that useless bastard will drive the country into the ground.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on March 19, 2016, 07:12:33 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-just-say-it-the-republicans-are-the-problem/2012/04/27/gIQAxCVUlT_story.html

A liberal rag that has lost credibility as a source of news and unbiased reporting, the democrats own the media in the states and when I go back i won't buy a paper ever again, its time has come and gone, journalistic integrity is dead and buried.

Famed communist Rupert Murdoch.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: stew on March 19, 2016, 07:23:58 AM
Quote from: Oraisteach on March 17, 2016, 07:09:21 PM
Stew, Clinton is not my darling.  Look at the options. Trump, hell no!  Cruz, hell no!  Kasich, no chance and comes across as more kindly than he actually is.  Sanders, not a chance that he'd ever be able to enact his agenda.  So, that leaves Clinton.  Certainly not ideal, but a Democrat, and therefore more likely to be compassionate/empathetic.  Wish Elizabeth Warren had run.  But if Bernie gets the nomination, I'll vote for him.

It would nit matter to you if Jesus himself was running against Clinton or Bernie as a republican, you cannot see past your nose and because of your ties to your union you are all in with that tr**p Pillory, why not Kasich? He has done tremendous work in his home state and the best you can come up with is that he is not as kindly as he comes across? Sad really, do you not see the irony/hypocrisy in that spoke? You support Clinton ffs!

Keep blindly following the liberal agenda and see where gets you in the end, if they get in again, and they will, that useless b**tard will drive the country into the ground.

And here is where the differences start between Republican and Democrat. As a lifelong Democrat I will support a candidate based on their social perspective for individuals ie: health, wellness, safety of individuals (EPA, regulations on gun control etc) and regards for the country's financial and economic direction. I will not support a candidate who spouts off about them or this without a plan to improve the current situation or means to make this country great again without a plan. Second, I will not support a candidate who uses blanket statements condemning their opposition without facts. Right now as a Democrat my first choice would be Bernie followed by Kasich then Hillary. Cruz is a moron who will destroy the country from biased legislation and doctrine. Trump will destroy the moral standards and what is left of the world's respectability of the US. Hillary would be the equilvalent of a dynasty similar to W and H which I feel is wrong on all levels.

I see the left more willing to work with the right but not vice-versa and that is where the problem lies. Believe it or not there are many Democrats who believe in capitalism but feel vigilant about the government to take the social aspect of their citizens into consideration. At the last election I heard a "gentleman" say let them die when there was a question about someone not having health insurance. Is that a true reflection of Republican values? I hope not!!!

Let me hear one Republican that would support the other sides opponent then you can criticize.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2016, 07:48:45 AM

What about RupertbMurdoch and what has he got to do with anything? You on the sauce already?

muppet

QuoteQuote from: gallsman on Today at 07:48:45 AM
QuoteQuote from: stew on Today at 07:12:33 AM
QuoteQuote from: seafoid on March 18, 2016, 10:15:52 PM

Ah I get it now, because he owns it that makes it a republican rag, got it!

It makes complete sense to own a paper and then hammer the party you supposedly support, yeah that sounds about right. ::) ::) ???

Of 175 publications owned by Murdock, 174 supported the Invasion of Iraq. He campaigned publicly in support of Bush and Blair on the issue.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/feb/17/mondaymediasection.iraq

His publications appear to mirror his thinking on major issues. But that doesn't mean he writes every article.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

What's happening here? Stew deleting posts?

a) the Washington Post isn't owned by Murdoch, it's owned by another lad with a few spare quid who loves dodgy tax arrangements - Jeff Bezos of Amazon.

b) my snide comment was clearly directed at your claim that "the Democrats own the media"

Your ability to continually make an utter tit of yourself knows no bounds

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2016, 09:07:10 AM
What's happening here? Stew deleting posts?

a) the Washington Post isn't owned by Murdoch, it's owned by another lad with a few spare quid who loves dodgy tax arrangements - Jeff Bezos of Amazon.

b) my snide comment was clearly directed at your claim that "the Democrats own the media"

Your ability to continually make an utter tit of yourself knows no bounds

I know who owns it, he paid a quarter billion for it , you did nit know though, you went to wiki didn't you ya ballix!

I admit I did because I vaguely remember that being big news back when it sold as the same family had owned it for ages and I didn't remember Murdoch being involved.

You thought Murdoch owned it you ballbag, admit it! :D

gallsman

Yes, you now know who owns it, because I told you. You're welcome. As you've mentioned, it was quite big news, hence why I knew it. It's not all that difficult.

I'm confused, though. Say I hadn't known it, you appear to imply that somebody doing some research prior to posting (you should really try it some time) is behaving in some unscrupulous fashion. Not only are you bull headed and ignorant, you're actually proud of the fact ffs.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2016, 10:21:53 AM
Yes, you now know who owns it, because I told you. You're welcome. As you've mentioned, it was quite big news, hence why I knew it. It's not all that difficult.

I'm confused, though. Say I hadn't known it, you appear to imply that somebody doing some research prior to posting (you should really try it some time) is behaving in some unscrupulous fashion. Not only are you bull headed and ignorant, you're actually proud of the fact ffs.

You had no clue who owned it you sanctimonious git, you really are Jesus like, all knowing and never wrong, I decided after your post to check and see if he really did own it, I really should have known you were wrong, the fact you cannot admit you thought he owned it speaks volumes.

You  are a narcissist gallbladder and a liar to boot son, bringing up murdoch in any context other than the owner of that paper makes no sense at all, you sir are a lying maggot!

J70

What has any of that rant got to do with the signed opinion piece that seafoid posted?

Do you have any opinion to offer on or do you dispute any of their summary of the shift of the GOP to the right and their purging of any and all moderates?

gallsman

Quote from: stew on March 19, 2016, 11:23:14 AM

You had no clue who owned it you sanctimonious git, you really are Jesus like, all knowing and never wrong, I decided after your post to check and see if he really did own it, I really should have known you were wrong, the fact you cannot admit you thought he owned it speaks volumes.

You  are a narcissist gallbladder and a liar to boot son, bringing up murdoch in any context other than the owner of that paper makes no sense at all, you sir are a lying maggot!

You're the one who said he owned it, not me. You then tried to cover it up by deleting the post you absolute f**king numpty!

You stated that the democrats own the media, I pointed out a major flaw (I'm being polite here, it was just a flat out lie) with that statement.

seafoid

Stew Norm Ornstein is old style GOP. He is more of a real conservative than Cruz is. What the extremists have done to the GOP is shocking.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2016, 12:25:20 PM
Quote from: stew on March 19, 2016, 11:23:14 AM

You're the one who said he owned it, not me. You then tried to cover it up by deleting the post you absolute f**king numpty!

You stated that the democrats own the media, I pointed out a major flaw (I'm being polite here, it was just a flat out lie) with that statement.

There was no hiding of anything you tube, I deleted when I decided I should actually check if indeed he actually did own it and he didn't, in fairness he does own a lot of newspapers so we can be excused for believing he owned the post as well.

If you are so thick you do not know that the liberals own the vast majority of the media outlets in the United States you are wrong, I will give you a hint, for example, one and only one TV station spoke about the looting in Chicago, care to guess which one?

I have lived in the states for twenty years, I have worked as an account manager for a TV station for four of those years, I have worked with liberals and most are fine with a few exceptions, you know nothing of what it is like to live under this idiots presidency, I know all about it, I know more about the media in the States than you will ever know bladder son.