The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The GOP is in a death spiral. The party is run by extremists on the orders of the Kochs and other super wealthy including very shady Zionists. There is nobody for white blue collar yanks to vote for. The shutdown in 2013 was engineered by Cruz and could have bankrupted the country. Healthcare will bankrupt the country. The GOP is even sadder than FF.

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2016, 07:15:14 AM
The GOP is in a death spiral. The party is run by extremists on the orders of the Kochs and other super wealthy including very shady Zionists. There is nobody for white blue collar yanks to vote for. The shutdown in 2013 was engineered by Cruz and could have bankrupted the country. Healthcare will bankrupt the country. The GOP is even sadder than FF.
So it is the Jews behind it?

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 16, 2016, 10:00:47 PM
Think they'll stall in hopes of a GOP presidential win, thereby allowing for a much more conservative justice.  In the event of a DEM victory, watch out for a frantic all hands on deck approach as they scramble to accept Obama's choice in the actual lame duck period, fearing that a Clinton/Sanders choice would be much less palatable.

What infuriates me is their blatant hypocrisy.  Obama won the last election by around 5,000,000 and the one before that by about 10,000,000.  That's why he has the title PRESIDENT.  These people say that the voice of the people should be heard, but it has been heard, loud and clear.  Obama was their choice, and according to the Constitution, which they revere as though it were carved on tablets of stone, it is the president's duty to nominate a justice, and theirs to advise and consent.  Thus, whether or not they accept Obama's choice, they should in fairness give him a hearing. 

This obstructionism has been the hallmark of GOP tactics during Obama's presidency, and has been quintessentially Cruz, so I just hope that this gamble explodes in their faces.  Obama's pick seems ideal, so slap it in til em for their greed and hypocrisy.

Clinton is your darling, a corporate,american killing whore, how the f**k do you sleep at night? Hypocrites abound in both parties, the only person running that gives a shire about the people is Sanders, why not stand behind him, all of you liberals?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: LeoMc on March 17, 2016, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2016, 07:15:14 AM
So it is the Jews behind it?
Not just Jews but Koch, Adelson and a few others are card carrying war mongering Jews.  It is very like the 1930s. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump brought outo the antisemitism card. The Zionists do not have a popular base.

muppet

Some lads see every single issue as absolute or as an end in itself.

Sometimes political acts are simply tactical. Filibuster can be used with no intention of winning on the issue in question, but as leverage for something else. Politicians lose their principles early, so just because they objected to something in the past is no reason to assume they will support the opposite in the future
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

The US is not a democracy. It is a plutocracy.

whitey

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 17, 2016, 02:08:58 AM
Whitey, very very closely.  This obstructionist GOP gang is despicable.  Throw in election stealing and gerrymandering.  Whitey?  Some names hit the nail on the head.

So youre not even a tad embarrassed that 3 senior Democrats are on record saying that no one should be appointed to the Supreme Court in the final year of a presidential term? 

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on March 17, 2016, 12:02:38 PM
Whitey, very very closely.  This obstructionist GOP gang is despicable.  Throw in election stealing and gerrymandering.  THE Whitey?  Some names hit the nail on the head.
So youre not even a tad embarrassed that 3 senior Democrats are on record saying that no one should be appointed to the Supreme Court in the final year of a presidential term?
The GOP is a clown car at this stage. They even lost their own voter base.

muppet

Whitey, very very closely.  This obstructionist GOP gang is despicable.  Throw in election stealing and gerrymandering.  Whitey?  Some names hit the nail on the head.

Not quite right.

This is what Biden said in his speech:

Quote"If the president consults and cooperates with the Senate or moderates his selections absent consultation, then his nominees may enjoy my support as did Justices Kennedy and Souter. But if he does not, as is the President's right, then I will oppose his future nominees as is my right," Biden said in the speech.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on March 17, 2016, 12:20:14 PM

Not quite right.

This is what Biden said in his speech:

Quote"If the president consults and cooperates with the Senate or moderates his selections absent consultation, then his nominees may enjoy my support as did Justices Kennedy and Souter. But if he does not, as is the President's right, then I will oppose his future nominees as is my right," Biden said in the speech.

He also said

"As a result, it is my view that if a Supreme Court justice resigns tomorrow or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not — and not — name a nominee until after the November election is completed.

The Senate too, Mr. President, must consider how it would respond to a Supreme Court vacancy that would occur in the full throes of an election year. It is my view that if the President goes the way of Presidents Fillmore and Johnson and presses an election year nomination, the Senate Judiciary Committee should seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over.

And I sadly predict, Mr. President, that this is going to be one of the bitterest, dirtiest presidential campaigns we will have seen in modern times.

I'm sure, Mr. President, after having uttered these words, some will criticize such a decision, and say that it was nothing more than an attempt to save a seat on the court in hopes that a Democrat will be permitted to fill it. But that would not be our intention, Mr. President, if that were the course we were to choose as a Senate, to not consider holding hearings until after the election.

Instead, it would be our pragmatic conclusion that once the political season is underway — and it is — action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over. That is what is fair to the nominee, and essential to the process. Otherwise, it seems to me Mr. President, we will be in deep trouble as an institution."

The fact he was Senate Judiciary Committee Chair at the time of these utterances make it even more scandalous

muppet

Republicans have cherry picked some of his speech, without considering the olive branch near the end, which I quoted.

Could Republicans make exactly the same speech now, including the olive branch?

I seriously doubt it.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

The GOP are wasting their time thinking they will be in the WH come Jan 1. Santa Claus has a better chance of appearing live in the Playboy house. The SC will be 5/4 libtard and Red country wil jes have to suck it up, baby.

the likes of Scalia and the other cons have destroyed the US. Citizens Unlimited is why the GOP base left the GOP. all the Kochs are interested in is more money. The GOP elite is Kochsucking.

trileacman

Would you shut the fcuk up about the Kochs. You sound like Jim f**king Corr.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

whitey

Quote from: muppet on March 17, 2016, 12:59:19 PM
Republicans have cherry picked some of his speech, without considering the olive branch near the end, which I quoted.

Could Republicans make exactly the same speech now, including the olive branch?

I seriously doubt it.

And you seriously think the Dems would not be doing the same if the shoe was on the other foot?

(And What about Schumers and Harry Reid's comments-wete they also taken out of context-LOL)

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on March 17, 2016, 02:19:41 PM
Would you shut the fcuk up about the Kochs. You sound like Jim f**king Corr.
Last time they spent 412m trying to beat Obama. The money buys climate change deniers like Rubio in DC. They are worse than scum and people like them have destroyed the GOP. The party just lost its base. Both parties are riddled with corruption but the GOP is further advanced into obsolescence.