The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: foxcommander on March 13, 2016, 02:07:57 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2016, 08:43:55 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 12, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
Disgusting scenes at the Trump rally in Chicago by the libtards.
The usual suspects out in force ready to disrupt and start riots at the first sign of something they disagree with.
The media did a good job stopping news of all the looting and gunfire after the rally, cos lets face it, not like them to miss an opportunity to do some free shopping!

The bright spot here is that the general american public will now wake up and see that if these types hate Trump so much then he must be doing something right.
The Kenyan lad has brought them to this point with his policies and pandering to sections of the community. It needs to stop.

Of course there hasn't been a murmur from you over Trump supporters, including known white supremacists, threatening journalists and beating up protestors, all the while egged on by the "great" man himself.

Pathetic.

Ah the usual libtard tricks of pulling out the racism card.
Illegals are just that - illegal. Should be deported, every single one of them, irish included.

Do you personally know anyone who ever spent a day in the US illegally?

muppet

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 13, 2016, 10:50:55 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 13, 2016, 02:07:57 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2016, 08:43:55 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 12, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
Disgusting scenes at the Trump rally in Chicago by the libtards.
The usual suspects out in force ready to disrupt and start riots at the first sign of something they disagree with.
The media did a good job stopping news of all the looting and gunfire after the rally, cos lets face it, not like them to miss an opportunity to do some free shopping!

The bright spot here is that the general american public will now wake up and see that if these types hate Trump so much then he must be doing something right.
The Kenyan lad has brought them to this point with his policies and pandering to sections of the community. It needs to stop.

Of course there hasn't been a murmur from you over Trump supporters, including known white supremacists, threatening journalists and beating up protestors, all the while egged on by the "great" man himself.

Pathetic.

Ah the usual libtard tricks of pulling out the racism card.
Illegals are just that - illegal. Should be deported, every single one of them, irish included.

Do you personally know anyone who ever spent a day in the US illegally?

You could start with the Mayflower......
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 13, 2016, 08:16:41 AM
He's basically saying Obama got elected because all the blacks voted for him. So he doesn't really count as president. It's the same mentality that's leading the Repukelicans to block Scalia's replacement on SCOTUS. They say it's a matter of etiquette and some BS "rule" that's not actually enforceable, but it's really because they don't want some uppity black dude telling them what to do.

That last line dc  is nothing but ignorant tripe, stay off the pipe before posting and remember, Trump is a new liberal so he is one of your own,

The democrats have done exactly the same thing as the republicans are doing right now pertaining to the supreme court, don't be a hypocrite comrade, the last thing America needs is a liberal supreme court!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on March 13, 2016, 11:00:44 AM
He's basically saying Obama got elected because all the blacks voted for him. So he doesn't really count as president. It's the same mentality that's leading the Repukelicans to block Scalia's replacement on SCOTUS. They say it's a matter of etiquette and some BS "rule" that's not actually enforceable, but it's really because they don't want some uppity black dude telling them what to do.

That last line dc  is nothing but ignorant tripe, stay off the pipe before posting and remember, Trump is a new liberal so he is one of your own,

The democrats have done exactly the same thing as the republicans are doing right now pertaining to the supreme court, don't be a hypocrite comrade, the last thing America needs is a liberal supreme court!

Unless of course you are one of the many people who don't vote Republican.

But hey, none of them matter, the libtards.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2016, 11:13:23 AM

dc

Do not put words in my mouth. I never said they did not matter, of course they matter, its simply this, the republicans are not going to allow a liberal judge onto the supreme court under this idiot of a liberal president, there is precedent and it is strictly a political move, now if the shoe wad on the other foot you would nit be flapping your gums on this issue, the republicans are hoping, in vain that.they can carry the white house so that they can get a conservative judge in their and hold the majority, what the hell is wrong with that?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

No, the Democrats have NOT done it. Reagan got his justice in his last year. A vacancy has not come up since. Sure, they've talked about it, but politicians make threats and play to their base all the time, especially in an election year. Actually following through is different, but its in keeping with the unprecedented obstructionism of the current Republican party in congress since Obama got elected.

And if Trump is secretly a liberal, he's doing a magical job of fooling the uneducated rubes with his conservative rhetoric.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 13, 2016, 11:48:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2016, 11:13:23 AM

dc

Do not put words in my mouth. I never said they did not matter, of course they matter, its simply this, the republicans are not going to allow a liberal judge onto the supreme court under this idiot of a liberal president, there is precedent and it is strictly a political move, now if the shoe wad on the other foot you would nit be flapping your gums on this issue, the republicans are hoping, in vain that.they can carry the white house so that they can get a conservative judge in their and hold the majority, what the hell is wrong with that?

What's wrong is they're not doing their job. There is nothing in the constitution that says a president can't appoint judges in the last year of his tenure. But they've been blocking his judges at lower levels for years anyway, with federal court vacancies all over the place and nominees hanging in limbo at a rate far beyond anything ever seen before. These people don't even get a vote.

What precedent are you talking about?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 13, 2016, 02:17:59 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2016, 02:10:07 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 13, 2016, 02:05:01 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2016, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 12, 2016, 05:22:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2016, 04:49:13 PM
If Trump is hiring a hall for a rally and admitting who he wants, he has every right to restrict speech. Its a private event.

The issue is the violent rhetoric and action against protestors.
So did the protesters last night go there to give trump supporters what they are looking for ?

I've no idea. But college campus, Friday night, probably plenty of booze... I'm sure you can see how things could escalate.

No. The police should have arrested them all for public disorder if that was the case. But you know you're telling lies.

Who the f**k are you to say I know I'm telling lies?

Because you actually know your statement was a lie. It was organised, not a spontaneous gathering of boozed up individuals.
Most of them probably can't spell the word "school" judging by the pictures.

I've looked again, and I don't see the word "spontaneous" ANYWHERE in my post.

Drinks, tempers, shouting (on both sides) escalating into pushing and shoving and strikes are not in anyway at odds with organizing protesters to go along to this event.

So once again, f**k you and your bullshit.

Declan

J70

Who said this about Trump?

"This boiling point that we have now reached has been fed largely by the fact that we have a front-runner... who has fed into language that basically justifies physically assaulting people who disagree with you,"

seafoid

apparently a lot of GOP senate seats are gerrymandered. How was that allowed ?

J70

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2016, 02:00:35 PM
apparently a lot of GOP senate seats are gerrymandered. How was that allowed ?

States draw up the congressional districts. They're redrawn after censuses. The latest, in 2010, coincided with the Tea Party wave, so the GOP was in control all over the place and were allowed to gerrymander to suit themselves. Both parties do it, but its been taken to ridiculous levels in recent years with narrow snake-like districts drawn up across massive distances to stuff minority communities into the one district.  In Texas, a liberal town like Austin has been drawn up to have conservative representation. Its like Derry back in the day.

There are moves afoot in some states to put districting into independent hands, taking the politics out of it. Hopefully it will succeed.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2016, 12:03:35 PM
If Trump is hiring a hall for a rally and admitting who he wants, he has every right to restrict speech. Its a private event.

So did the protesters last night go there to give trump supporters what they are looking for ?

I've no idea. But college campus, Friday night, probably plenty of booze... I'm sure you can see how things could escalate.

No. The police should have arrested them all for public disorder if that was the case. But you know you're telling lies.

Because you actually know your statement was a lie. It was organised, not a spontaneous gathering of boozed up individuals.

Drinks, tempers, shouting (on both sides) escalating into pushing and shoving and strikes are not in anyway at odds with organizing protesters to go along to this event.

You mentioned that a group were just drinking away on campus and all of a sudden this escalated into a protest.
Are you now changing your mind and saying it was a planned attack of Trump's rally?

Cant even keep your story straight ffs - and that is the definition of a liar.

Why are anti-trump protesters there if not to cause trouble? There is no other reason. Now they try get on stage and disrupt too.
Would you have accepted this when the Kenyan was running for president?

Funny how the "liberal" aren't very liberal at all if they aren't getting their way, worse than spoiled children.
Looting and rioting is a by product of this but gets excused because they have rights to be angry (like Baltimore) and take it out on the police. It's always their fault for trying to stop you dealing.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 13, 2016, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2016, 12:03:35 PM

You mentioned that a group were just drinking away on campus and all of a sudden this escalated into a protest.
Are you now changing your mind and saying it was a planned attack of Trump's rally?

Cant even keep your story straight ffs - and that is the definition of a liar.

No I did not mention a group just drinking away on campus. Why don't you stop trying to put words in people's mouths and address what they actually say, for once? You seem to come on here in a seething rage looking for trigger words to set off your anti-liberal rants, without bothering to comprehend the actual comments you're responding to.

I said, in response to Gmac, that I'd no idea if the protestors went there looking for trouble, but that a college campus on a Friday night, with a few drinks taken, it wouldn't take much for things to escalate.

I made no comment whatsoever on the spontaneity or organization before that last post. I would absolutely imagine that some kind of protest would have been organized. If I was a student there myself I would definitely take the opportunity to make my feelings known.

Why are anti-trump protesters there if not to cause trouble? There is no other reason. Now they try get on stage and disrupt too.
Would you have accepted this when the Kenyan was running for president?

Protest... absolutely. Getting on stage or fighting, absolutely not. That's what security and police is for. And that goes for liberal protestors as well as Trump supporters assaulting people.

Funny how the "liberal" aren't very liberal at all if they aren't getting their way, worse than spoiled children.
Looting and rioting is a by product of this but gets excused because they have rights to be angry (like Baltimore) and take it out on the police. It's always their fault for trying to stop you dealing.

Please point out where I have excused rioting and looting.

And from now one I'll be expecting your righteous indignation when a thug supporting Trump punches out some protestor.