The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 09, 2016, 09:52:12 AM
Bernie Sanders is the only candidate running for either nomination that has morals, a desire to serve and an ideology. You may not stand fully behind his inclusive outlook or his social conscience - I personally do - but the man has integrity,  a political record of standing up for what he believes (popular or not) and unlike every one of the rest is not a self serving egomaniac.
Agreed. Sanders talks a lot of sense.

stew

Quote from: muppet on March 08, 2016, 06:28:34 PM
Quote from: stew on March 08, 2016, 06:23:01 PM
Quote from: Declan on March 08, 2016, 05:09:03 PM
Presume we can expect more of this if he gets the nomination
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-challenged-ox D.C.ver-ties-to-mob-linked-gambler-100050602.html

Shock horror deccy baby, Clinton has american blood on her hands, is under investigation by the feds for her handling of national secrets but you tend to speculate on the Donald and his ties to the mafia, why would a bleeding heart like you go after one if your own?

Declan,Benghazi, Clinton go.

You would swear the last Republican presidency never ever happened. All those dead Americans. All those dead foreigners. All based on lies. But forget that, lets look at H

illary's emails.

Liberals always play the whabout card, what's done is done and bush was a disgrace, how the f**k does that relate to Clinton running fir president, you liberals are never accountable for anything, stick to the present, man the f**k up and talk about the issues, the bush administration is dead, gone.

Patronizing gobshites get flippant when they defend the indefensible, your hero is a low life money grabbing, people killing sack of shire, her emails are of massive concern but hey, if it does not suit the liberal agenda downplay it, Sanders for president in 2016.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on March 09, 2016, 08:47:50 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-challenged-ox D.C.ver-ties-to-mob-linked-gambler-100050602.html

Shock horror deccy baby, Clinton has american blood on her hands, is under investigation by the feds for her handling of national secrets but you tend to speculate on the Donald and his ties to the mafia, why would a bleeding heart like you go after one if your own?

You would swear the last Republican presidency never ever happened. All those dead Americans. All those dead foreigners. All based on lies. But forget that, lets look at H

illary's emails.

Liberals always play the whabout card, what's done is done and bush was a disgrace, how the f**k does that relate to Clinton running fir president, you liberals are never accountable for anything, stick to the present, man the f**k up and talk about the issues, the bush administration is dead, gone.

Patronizing gobshites get flippant when they defend the indefensible, your hero is a low life money grabbing, people killing sack of shire, her emails are of massive concern but hey, if it does not suit the liberal agenda downplay it, Sanders for president in 2016.

Stew, do you talk like that to people in real life?

Serious question.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2016, 10:26:18 PM

illary's emails.

Serious question.

Not really, I have mates that think like you do and if politics is brought up we could agree to disagree,for some reason I get more passionate on here, maybe its the fact that many put their faith in a bunch of bent millionAires who do not give two shites about them, and they blindly follow the  liberal agenda, all the while disregarding anything a conservative has to say, that to me smacks of arrogance and ignorance.

Question for you muppet, when Eamonnica goes after conservatives with harsh rrhetoric have you ever asked him the question I just answered here?

Finally, I stand by every word I have written on Clinton, in my lifetime I have only hated thatcher, pelosi and clinton, cheney is right there too, odious scum the lot of them.

deiseach

And there was me thinking Bernie Sanders would only appeal to libtards. Some man for one man.

muppet

Quote from: stew on March 10, 2016, 09:02:16 AM

illary's emails.

Serious question.

Not really, I have mates that think like you do and if politics is brought up we could agree to disagree,for some reason I get more passionate on here, maybe its the fact that many put their faith in a bunch of bent millionAires who do not give two shites about them, and they blindly follow the  liberal agenda, all the while disregarding anything a conservative has to say, that to me smacks of arrogance and ignorance.

Question for you muppet, when Eamonnica goes after conservatives with harsh rrhetoric have you ever asked him the question I just answered here?

Finally, I stand by every word I have written on Clinton, in my lifetime I have only hated thatcher, pelosi and clinton, cheney is right there too, odious scum the lot of them.

Straight answer, no.

His 'harsh rhetoric' is nothing compared to what you are writing. He usually has a point too, not that I agree with them all, in fact I often I don't. I think US politics is riddled with corruption (they call it lobbying) and would love to see both parties scrapped.

But back to the election. Between Clinton and Sanders, only Clinton is remotely electable in the US. In Europe Sanders would walk it, but not over there. On the other side unless something major happens, it will be Trump, or Trumpette (Cruz). If either get in the US would re-enter isolationism which would be bad for everyone. So bad and all as she is, the only logical vote is Hillary.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on March 10, 2016, 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: stew on March 10, 2016, 09:02:16 AM

illary's emails.

Serious question.

Straight answer, no.

His 'harsh rhetoric' is nothing compared to what you are writing. He usually has a point too, not that I agree with them all, in fact I often I don't. I think US politics is riddled with corruption (they call it lobbying) and would love to see both parties scrapped.

But back to the election. Between Clinton and Sanders, only Clinton is remotely electable in the US. In Europe Sanders would walk it, but not over there. On the other side unless something major happens, it will be Trump, or Trumpette (Cruz). If either get in the US would re-enter isolationism which would be bad for everyone. So bad and all as she is, the only logical vote is Hillary.

Such nonsense, Clinton is hopefully going to be behind bars, if not not she is fast losing ground to Sanders, take a gander at her numbers on the question of whether she is truthful or not, no one is less trusted than that ballbag.

Americans seem to want to turn Washington upside down, to me only one man could do that, one one player is honest and decent and although I disagree with him a ton, I will take a chance on Sanders over any one if those other gobshites, I am feeling the Bern.

BS for president.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: deiseach on March 10, 2016, 09:51:48 AM
And there was me thinking Bernie Sanders would only appeal to libtards. Some man for one man.

He does not appeal to me other than his character does, as does his integrity and decency, I thought long and hard before posting my support for him but in the end, if I had stuck to hoping a conservative had won I would have been a complete hypocrite given my disdain for clinton and beating liberals over the head for supporting her, despite her lack of an ethical compass.

Only one man is out to,improve the lives of the people and,it,is Saunders, if the yanks want change they may as well have it under the guidance of an honest man, and not an egomaniac millionaire/billionaire.

Today I lost six facebook friends because I switched allegiances, great, if you are not open to the possibility of change you are doomed to live in a bubble because change is constant, timeless and inevitable.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 10, 2016, 09:17:23 PM

He does not appeal to me other than his character does, as does his integrity and decency, I thought long and hard before posting my support for him but in the end, if I had stuck to hoping a conservative had won I would have been a complete hypocrite given my disdain for clinton and beating liberals over the head for supporting her, despite her lack of an ethical compass.

Only one man is out to,improve the lives of the people and,it,is Saunders, if the yanks want change they may as well have it under the guidance of an honest man, and not an egomaniac millionaire/billionaire.

Today I lost six facebook friends because I switched allegiances, great, if you are not open to the possibility of change you are doomed to live in a bubble because change is constant, timeless and inevitable.

Seriously?

Get some new friends stew if they're so sensitive that they drop you just because you have a different political opinion.

Oraisteach

Really, Stew? You're better off without them.  Sanders does seem like a decent chap, but I still don't think he'll win, mostly now because Clinton will probably snag the nomination, given that she has all those Superdelegates sown up.  Seems decidedly undemocratic.  And the prospect of either Trump or Cruz is nauseating.

muppet

He is obviously a Republican plant.

The fun will begin when Trump and Bernie get the nominations and then everyone will have to switch sides.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Observation: I'm seeing Bernie bumper stickers and Bernie signs everywhere I look. I don't even know what a Hillary sign or sticker looks like, I've yet to see one. Same pattern on my FB feed. I only know of one Hillary fan, everyone else is for Bernie. This all anecdotal and California's to the left of most states, but there it is.

As for "having to vote for Hillary because she has a better chance of beating Trump," I'm not sure if the polling data supports this. And even the polls can't be trusted now after what happened in Michigan.  A Bernie presidency is not out of the question at this point.