The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Interesting letter to Obama on his Obamacare fro ma staunch GOP member - maybe there is hope???

screenexile

Quote from: Declan on March 04, 2016, 01:38:13 PM
Interesting letter to Obama on his Obamacare fro ma staunch GOP member - maybe there is hope???

Nah never worry the Nazi looney tunes will find a way to discredit it!!

J70

But..but...but...more people lost their health care... or something...

muppet

MWWSI 2017

J70

The GOP in-house rows and fighting continue, even down at the local level.

Down in Texas the governor is going apeshit over some yahoo conspiracy theorist elected county chairman. Robert Morrow (who co-authored a conspiracy book last year with former Trump campaign chair Roger Stone) reckons LBJ killed Kennedy and has publicized lots of crazy shite about Hillary. Apparently the GOP are worried about him making them look bad, while Stone is gloating.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/greg-abbott-robert-morrow-cannot-adequately-repres/nqcrb/

Some of Morrow's tweets:  :o ;D

Rick Perry has craved f**king men in the ass most of his life! Dead serious.

and

Pretty sure George W. Bush can suck a dick better than Hillary Clinton

and

I am also expert in Rick Perry's rampaging bisexual adulteries. This is a man who campaigns with Bible and funds gay prostitutes!!

and

Is Hillary Clinton really an angry bull dyke? Bill says so!!

seafoid

J70

Interesting summary of the evolution of the GOP, their embrace of the "southern strategy" and its resultant path to Donald Trump.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/05/trump-reagan-nixon-republican-party-racism

stew

Quote from: Declan on March 04, 2016, 07:55:00 AM

BY:  Matthew Continetti
March 3, 2016 11:18 pm

Donald Trump had by far his worst debate of the 2016 campaign on Thursday. He was defensive and vulgar, evasive and condescending, rude and imperious. He moved drastically to the center on immigration, repudiating his position on H-1B visas on stage and saying "everything is negotiable," including the border wall and the fate of illegal immigrants already in the United States. He defended his calls for expansive torture and the killing of civilians related to terrorists, saying the military "will do what I tell them" even if his orders contradict the law. He dismissed his opponents as "little Marco" and "lying Ted" and bragged about his manhood. Over two hours he provided reams and reams of material for Hillary Clinton's ad writers. And through it all he was cheered by a raucous and heckling audience that seemed to have been transported straight from the courtroom scene in "Encounter at Farpoint."

The spectacle made me ill. On screen I watched decades of work by conservative institutions, activists, and elected officials being lit aflame not only by the New York demagogue but by his enablers who waited until the last possible moment to criticize and try to stop him. And even then it may be too late.

I sometimes wonder whether Trump chose to run as a Republican because he identified the GOP as the weaker of the two parties. His politics line up favorably with Democrats, and he has supported Democrats in the past. But the Republicans had been so buffeted by 20 years of inattention to the costs of globalization, by the growing estrangement of traditional constituencies who have lost status and resources in the twenty-first century, by the mistakes and narrow-mindedness of the party elite, that clearly the party of Lincoln was the easier mark. Trump called the bluff of the Beltway establishment. He proved that the ghost of Jack Kemp doesn't move the party base. The ghost of Nixon does.

There was no winner at the debate, but there was certainly a loser: The GOP. It started this election cycle in a strong position, and is now on the precipice of nominating a political neophyte, a caricature of everything liberals hate about Republicans, whose unfavorable ratings are sky-high and who loses to Hillary Clinton in practically every poll. The best hope of the anti-Trump forces is to somehow prevent him from winning the number of delegates necessary to secure the nomination outright, and deliver the nomination to someone else at the party's convention. I'm skeptical. It's a last-ditch attempt, and if the party wants to nominate Trump, that's its choice. But in doing so it would crown as the heir to Lincoln and TR and Eisenhower and Reagan a man who every day finds new ways to polarize, repel, infuriate, exhaust, shock, and horrify.

Right enough, the racist liberal Donald trump has no shame!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fc3f733c-e20e-11e5-9217-6ae3733a2cd1.html

But a 0.1 per cent fall in average hourly earnings in February also highlighted one of the main worries facing the US economy: that many Americans are still failing to see the benefits of the recovery and growing increasingly frustrated about it, a concern that is having an impact on the political debate and this year's presidential campaign.

http://monthlyreview.org/2016/01/01/capitalism-and-its-current-crisis/

easytiger95

Quote from: stew on March 07, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
Quote from: Declan on March 04, 2016, 07:55:00 AM

BY:  Matthew Continetti
March 3, 2016 11:18 pm

Donald Trump had by far his worst debate of the 2016 campaign on Thursday. He was defensive and vulgar, evasive and condescending, rude and imperious. He moved drastically to the center on immigration, repudiating his position on H-1B visas on stage and saying "everything is negotiable," including the border wall and the fate of illegal immigrants already in the United States. He defended his calls for expansive torture and the killing of civilians related to terrorists, saying the military "will do what I tell them" even if his orders contradict the law. He dismissed his opponents as "little Marco" and "lying Ted" and bragged about his manhood. Over two hours he provided reams and reams of material for Hillary Clinton's ad writers. And through it all he was cheered by a raucous and heckling audience that seemed to have been transported straight from the courtroom scene in "Encounter at Farpoint."

The spectacle made me ill. On screen I watched decades of work by conservative institutions, activists, and elected officials being lit aflame not only by the New York demagogue but by his enablers who waited until the last possible moment to criticize and try to stop him. And even then it may be too late.

I sometimes wonder whether Trump chose to run as a Republican because he identified the GOP as the weaker of the two parties. His politics line up favorably with Democrats, and he has supported Democrats in the past. But the Republicans had been so buffeted by 20 years of inattention to the costs of globalization, by the growing estrangement of traditional constituencies who have lost status and resources in the twenty-first century, by the mistakes and narrow-mindedness of the party elite, that clearly the party of Lincoln was the easier mark. Trump called the bluff of the Beltway establishment. He proved that the ghost of Jack Kemp doesn't move the party base. The ghost of Nixon does.

There was no winner at the debate, but there was certainly a loser: The GOP. It started this election cycle in a strong position, and is now on the precipice of nominating a political neophyte, a caricature of everything liberals hate about Republicans, whose unfavorable ratings are sky-high and who loses to Hillary Clinton in practically every poll. The best hope of the anti-Trump forces is to somehow prevent him from winning the number of delegates necessary to secure the nomination outright, and deliver the nomination to someone else at the party's convention. I'm skeptical. It's a last-ditch attempt, and if the party wants to nominate Trump, that's its choice. But in doing so it would crown as the heir to Lincoln and TR and Eisenhower and Reagan a man who every day finds new ways to polarize, repel, infuriate, exhaust, shock, and horrify.

Right enough, the racist liberal Donald trump has no shame!

Surely the point is that he is being voted for by racist conservatives? In a GOP primary?? "Thanks Obama" won't cut it for this Stew.

stew

Trump has always had more gra for the dems than he ever had for the gop, a simple Google search will confirm this.

Liberals need to,get this simple fact through their skulls, not every Trump supporter is a racist and by the way, not wanting illegals in your country should no make you a racist, I am sick and tired of the left whinging about racism where none exists, take for example the door who stated that the term 'obamacare' was racist even though the prez loved the name, or take the big shot academic who claimed she was profiled for walking while black, that bitch claimed racist cops
harassed her while on a  walk and castigated the cops for the way they they treated her........... The cops released the cop cam after a few days 2nd they were model professionals, this annoyed me to the point I wrote her an email reminding her that crying wolf as a leader in her community did nothing to further race relations and she had an obligation to be truthful in her message to the people she has influence over, it made her look like the racist and fair play to the cops for making a complete liar out of her.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

But Trump has the most gra for Trump, it would appear.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 07, 2016, 06:17:25 PM
Trump has always had more gra for the dems than he ever had for the gop, a simple Google search will confirm this.

Liberals need to,get this simple fact through their skulls, not every Trump supporter is a racist and by the way, not wanting illegals in your country should no make you a racist, I am sick and tired of the left whinging about racism where none exists, take for example the door who stated that the term 'obamacare' was racist even though the prez loved the name, or take the big shot academic who claimed she was profiled for walking while black, that bitch claimed racist cops
harassed her while on a  walk and castigated the cops for the way they they treated her........... The cops released the cop cam after a few days 2nd they were model professionals, this annoyed me to the point I wrote her an email reminding her that crying wolf as a leader in her community did nothing to further race relations and she had an obligation to be truthful in her message to the people she has influence over, it made her look like the racist and fair play to the cops for making a complete liar out of her.

Who is saying that "every Trump supporter is a racist"?

What is undeniable is that the man prevaricated on the support of David Duke and that white supremacists are very enthusiastic about his candidacy and, indeed, have been caught on camera over the past few days abusing and kicking a protestor out of a Trump rally.

As for the academic, good for you on giving her your opinion when she was exposed, but just because some idiot tried to fraudulently implicate some cops for racist actions, doesn't mean that wider problems do/have not existed. In that case, the video backed up the police version. In many others, it has not.

seafoid

The GOP is in danger of falling apart. The base has no respect for the leadership. Trump has driven a wedge between the 2. This is huge.