The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

The Drumpfinator - it really works! Now if only someone could come up with the Killaryator.

heganboy

so all of the private emails from the Clinton email server have now been released by the US state department.

I'm sure it will now be front page news everywhere...

Nope

The Benghazi attack is the Hail Mary for the GOP, and I would assume that they will hold off until the week of the election if Clinton runs. Any earlier and the rebuttal will actually be heard, and the fact checkers will have a field day. However the flip side is that truth in this nomination process has been largely overlooked.

When political news and commentary regarding the GOP nomination turns into a big brother/ TMZ style entertainment show, then it can't come as much of a surprise that the leading contender matches that format.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gmac

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2016, 09:25:29 AM
Quote from: Declan on March 01, 2016, 07:37:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

This is what's leading the GOP race

That is brilliant.
John Oliver like most guys commenting here can't even vote in the election ,the brexit should be his talking points,

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on March 01, 2016, 11:24:07 PM

That is brilliant.
John Oliver like most guys commenting here can't even vote in the election ,the brexit should be his talking points,

Oliver makes a lot of points about Trump. You could have tried to dispute them, disprove them, or qualify them, but somehow it fits better that you just call him a foreigner. And in your mind you actually think that takes care of that, next question.

The real question though, is are there enough people with that level of depth to vote Trump in?
MWWSI 2017

Gmac

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2016, 11:40:50 PM

That is brilliant.

Oliver makes a lot of points about Trump. You could have tried to dispute them, disprove them, or qualify them, but somehow it fits better that you just call him a foreigner. And in your mind you actually think that takes care of that, next question.

The real question though, is are there enough people with that level of depth to vote Trump in?
maybe maybe not on trump, I never called him a foreigner. The point is after all his talking points and his countless shows spouting on about trump and any other conservative when it comes to Election Day he will be sitting at home not able to cast a vote on who he wants to be president, he should state that fact every time he talks about this.guys like this are all I'm a smart arse Brit and most yanks are so dumb it's getting a bit old .

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on March 01, 2016, 11:50:44 PM

That is brilliant.

maybe maybe not on trump, I never called him a foreigner. The point is after all his talking points and his countless shows spouting on about trump and any other conservative when it comes to Election Day he will be sitting at home not able to cast a vote on who he wants to be president, he should state that fact every time he talks about this.guys like this are all I'm a smart arse Brit and most yanks are so dumb it's getting a bit old .

Calling him 'a smart arse Brit' is the point?

He could have published a revolutionary Unified Field Theory, but you and Trump would snigger at him because of his accent.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 01, 2016, 11:50:44 PM

That is brilliant.

He's has a weekly show on US television FFS. His topics are generally political, and he often does, through comedy, a far better job of analyzing these issues than any of the mainstream political analysts, as well as focusing on stuff that they couldn't be arsed dealing with. Why WOULDN'T he be covering Trump?

And what does his citizenship status have to do with anything? Does the place he was born render him less able to observe and comment on the place he lives? Are his opinions less valid? And what on earth would be gained from having him state his citizenship status whenever he talks about the presidential election?? What possible difference could THAT make to his commentary?

If you don't like him, don't watch him.

Gmac

I looked at this piece on here I don't watch him. Does he go after Hillary

Eamonnca1

What conservatives generally do is they pack so many lies and falsehoods into every statement, that to correct every one of them would take forever. A five minute statement from a conservative would take about an hour to debunk, so densely packed are the lies and nonsense therein. And since the GOP has long ago abandoned reality-based politics, the challenge facing Hillary will be knowing where to start with refuting Trump's BS.

Declan

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 02, 2016, 03:43:15 AM
What conservatives generally do is they pack so many lies and falsehoods into every statement, that to correct every one of them would take forever. A five minute statement from a conservative would take about an hour to debunk, so densely packed are the lies and nonsense therein. And since the GOP has long ago abandoned reality-based politics, the challenge facing Hillary will be knowing where to start with refuting Trump's BS.

The challenge killory has is staying out of prison eamon, as for your remarks about republican lies, you are a killory minnion and a hypocrite, you talk about republican lies whilst you support one of if not the biggest liars in American political history, you libtards have no shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

The GOP is lost. The 3 candidates left are extremists that would not have a hope in Europe.

deiseach

On to November then and Drumpf v Clinton. I genuinely think Drumpf getting the GOP nomination is a good thing, and not just because it makes it easier for Clinton. No, it does. While the usual suspects are already ramping up for their belief that Drumpf ain't all bad when looked at in a certain light, it's going to be difficult for the Republicans to maintain a coherent front. And even if Drumpf did get elected, better him than the zealots that are Rubio and Cruz. Grover Norquist famously said that all they need is "a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States", hence how he was able to rationalise supporting someone as slippery as Mitt Romney. He won't find Drumpf to be so malleable.

Is this post showing up to everyone with the word T-rump? I think the Drumpfinator extension even changes the text in the preview box to Drumpf! ;D

deiseach

Daniel Larison nails, er, T-rump's core appeal to Republican primary voters:

QuoteSome may hold out hope that he might follow through, and even that slight chance is an improvement over the others that they know will do nothing for them.