The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 26, 2016, 09:16:27 PM
Well, one maverick loud-mouthed Republican (Christie) has just endorsed another (Trump).  Is this a play for VP?

Funny since Christie jailed Trump's son-in-law's father and Trump has said that Christie knew all about the closing of the George Washington Bridge.  Strange how the party of moral rectitude pairs such curious bedfellows.

Nah, Christie is probably angling for AG, something with some real power. Plus, there's no way the ticket will be two loudmouth bullies from the NYC area.

seafoid

Well, one maverick loud-mouthed Republican (Christie) has just endorsed another (Trump).  Is this a play for VP?

Funny since Christie jailed Trump's son-in-law's father and Trump has said that Christie knew all about the closing of the George Washington Bridge.  Strange how the party of moral rectitude pairs such curious bedfellows.
the top GOP  people are either thugs (Trump,  Christie) or fruitcakes (Rubio, Cruz)

stew

Trump is one of your own orals and believe me when I tell you that your party is run by gangsters that are destroying the US of A, Obamanation is an absolute disgrace to the office, unfit to lead and your main political figure could yet do jail time for the lies she spewed about Benghazi, the liberals are worse, in my opinion than the GOP and that takes some doing.

Your problem is just like that of many democrats, you see no good whatsoever in any conservative initiative and you are a slave to your union, I was joking when I said I could see you voting republican, you simply follow the libtard agenda and you sell your soul to endorse the shrew that is Killory, if you would vote for a kn**ker like that you have no conscience!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on February 27, 2016, 12:08:36 PM

Trump is one of your own orals and believe me when I tell you that your party is run by gangsters that are destroying the US of A, Obamanation is an absolute disgrace to the office, unfit to lead and your main political figure could yet do jail time for the lies she spewed about Benghazi, the liberals are worse, in my opinion than the GOP and that takes some doing.

Your problem is just like that of many democrats, you see no good whatsoever in any conservative initiative and you are a slave to your union, I was joking when I said I could see you voting republican, you simply follow the libtard agenda and you sell your soul to endorse the shrew that is Killory, if you would vote for a kn**ker like that you have no conscience!

Good to see some independent thought!
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2016, 09:19:12 AM
I am surprised Stew still supports the GOP. There is no party for regular conservatives. The GOP is a prisoner of the Koch brothers. Middle class salaries are stagnant. 1% salaries are booming.

I would prefer a social liberal/fiscal conservative, I hate a deep and abiding hatred of Clinton, I think she is a lying, conceited **** and I hold her in the same esteem I held Thatcher in.

Unlike many of the liberals on here I can give credit were credit is due to democrats even though I am sick of the disgraceful way they govern, if you are a liberal and absolutely convinced the republicans have no good in them you are an idiot, simple as that, the US needs men and women from both parties to work together and get shit done, both parties are a disgrace at the moment and Obama is mire worried about his legacy Han he us working to better the country.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2016, 08:58:17 AM

the top GOP  people are either thugs (Trump,  Christie) or fruitcakes (Rubio, Cruz)

And the flip side is you have on the left an aged communist who does not have the balls to attack the other principal, you know, the lying sack of shite that is under review for the disgraceful way she handled top secret and higher than top secret emails there is also the fact she let four Americans die because she ignored hundreds of messages begging for extra security, she is knee deep in the corruption in her husbands foundation, I could go on and on but what's the point,  bottom line is America is fuckef and if she is elected I will move away from the USA permanently, I would not live in a country run by that unethical nsmby pamby piece of crap.

seafoid

Stew

Sanders would be Labour party in Ireland. I agree about Clinton. She is a vile piece of work. I am sure there are lots of decent people in the GOP at local level but the people at the top are puppets of the Koch brothers. The US needs a much stronger opposition.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2016, 01:37:36 PM
Stew

Sanders would be Labour party in Ireland. I agree about Clinton. She is a vile piece of work. I am sure there are lots of decent people in the GOP at local level but the people

at the top are puppets of the Koch brothers. The US needs a much stronger opposition.

Sanders is easily the best human being running, it is not even close, that said as well intended as he is he is dangerously far to the left and I feel strongly that he would offer nothing in terms of economic growth, national security and the cancer that is political correctness will spread, I mean nowadays anyone who has anything negative about to say about the president, black lives matter, Muslim extremists or anything good to say about cops is immediately dubbed a racist, that is not only wrong it is immoral.

seafoid

Stew
the only way to get economic growth going again is to give blue collar workers serious pay rises. The ultra rich now earn one in every 4 dollars and it is slowly killing the economy. The Fed can't generate 2% inflation. Trump is picking up on blue collar frustration but he has no solutions. Neither do the other 2 clowns.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2016, 02:19:38 PM
Stew
the only way to get economic growth going again is to give blue collar workers serious pay rises. The ultra rich now earn one in every 4 dollars and it is slowly killing the economy. The Fed can't generate 2% inflation. Trump is picking up on blue collar frustration but he has no solutions. Neither do the other 2 clowns.

Minimum wage should be $15.00, the super rich should be taxed accordingly and companies that move joBS en  mass out of the country should be penalized heavily.

People who attain third level educations should be compensated as such and above all the middle class need to be taken care of in terms of growth and earnings.

J70

Quote from: stew on February 27, 2016, 02:54:49 PM
Stew

Minimum wage should be $15.00, the super rich should be taxed accordingly and companies that move joBS en  mass out of the country should be penalized heavily.

People who attain third level educations should be compensated as such and above all the middle class need to be taken care of in terms of growth and earnings.

You do realize the only people espousing policies such as you mention are Democrats? That would get you branded a Marxist commie in a GOP setting.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on February 27, 2016, 04:29:36 PM
Stew

You do realize the only people espousing policies such as you mention are Democrats? That would get you branded a Marxist commie in a GOP setting.

It makes no sense.

The first US Neo-Liberal was Ronald Reagan.

US politics is about shouting as loudly as possible, and making sure no one is listening.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

QuoteI hate a deep and abiding hatred of Clinton, I think she is a lying, conceited **** and I hold her in the same esteem I held Thatcher in.

Well at least you told us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: J70 on February 27, 2016, 04:29:36 PM
Stew

I don't give a shite about the GOP, there are things I agree with the democrats on, and if wanting people who work to get a wage they can support their family on makes me a card carrying communist then so be it.

J70

Quote from: stew on February 27, 2016, 12:39:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2016, 09:19:12 AM
I am surprised Stew still supports the GOP. There is no party for regular conservatives. The GOP is a prisoner of the Koch brothers. Middle class salaries are stagnant. 1% salaries are booming.

I would prefer a social liberal/fiscal conservative, I hate a deep and abiding hatred of Clinton, I think she is a lying, conceited **** and I hold her in the same esteem I held Thatcher in.

Unlike many of the liberals on here I can give credit were credit is due to democrats even though I am sick of the disgraceful way they govern, if you are a liberal and absolutely convinced the republicans have no good in them you are an idiot, simple as that, the US needs men and women from both parties to work together and get shit done, both parties are a disgrace at the moment and Obama is mire worried about his legacy Han he us working to better the country.

Either Hillary or Bloomberg, if he throws his hat in the ring, should be your preferred choice then so, if policy trumps perceived personality.