The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on February 19, 2016, 12:23:15 AM
Obama attacked trump yesterday very rare to hear current president commenting on future presidential candidates , pope joins in today coincidense I think not.

They're in cahoots, are they? ;D

Or are sensible people independently giving sensible opinions on the freak show that is the Trump candidacy?

As for rarity, it's not too common either for a would-be candidate for the presidency to make a huge show of himself trying to appeal to the far right loons by sending "teams of experts" to Hawaii to fish out a sitting president's birth certificate or make stupid attention seeking offers of charity donations in return for a president's college transcripts on the eve of an election. Or then, after that election, to take to Twitter to whine about the one-sided election being stolen.

Obama doesn't owe that narcissistic, egomaniacal moron even an ounce of respect. He is not,as Obama stated, a serious candidate. He's an attention whore without an ounce of integrity who will do or say anything and walk over anyone to get what he wants, in this case spouting empty platitudes and pushing prejudicial buttons to win over the angry white Christian crowd.

Declan

It's fun watching this from a distance  :)

QuoteBut if you're going to frame a political campaign as a moral crusade, then surely the moral arbiter of over a billion catholics worldwide can express an opinion about it?
+1

heganboy

Quote from: Declan on February 19, 2016, 07:57:50 AM
It's fun watching this from a distance  :)

Bullshit!

Gas is now down to $1.69 in NJ
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

So, Clinton wins Nevada, Trump runs away with South Carolina, and Bush withdraws.  Does that now catapult Rubio into a head-to-head with Trump?

seafoid

What about the Fox écho chamber abuzz with talk of a Judge scalia murder. WTF

Gmac

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 21, 2016, 01:51:22 AM
So, Clinton wins Nevada, Trump runs away with South Carolina, and Bush withdraws.  Does that now catapult Rubio into a head-to-head with Trump?
obamas outburst against trump was probably a boost to him in South Carolina , he's winning by a large margin in Nevada and if it was any other candidate the media would be crowning him already , interesting to see how it shakes out.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2016, 02:36:46 AM

Really? Fox are fueling that?

I read a few days back about Alex Jones and his ilk talking about it, but they're way, way out there on the extremes (well at least most of the time - they got Fox and the rest, including the Texas governor, on board with their Jade Helm paranoia - an illustration, in microcosm, of the state of the conservative movement in the US today).

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2016, 05:12:26 PM

I read a few days back about Alex Jones and his ilk talking about it, but they're way, way out there on the extremes (well at least most of the time - they got Fox and the rest, including the Texas governor, on board with their Jade Helm paranoia - an illustration, in microcosm, of the state of the conservative movement in the US today).

whats the story with this boy? came across him only recently on youtube and have found myself intrigued with some of his rambles

heganboy

Quote from: Gmac on February 21, 2016, 05:06:45 PM

obamas outburst against trump was probably a boost to him in South Carolina

If that was on purpose, then that is a stroke of genius.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

What is the GOP establishment to do?  They wantRubio to be the nominee, but that's unlikely to happen if both Cruz and Trump remain in the race.  But neither Cruz nor Trump is known for his willingness to back down.  Will they settle for Trump, figuring that he's more manageable than obdurate Cruz?

seafoid

Trump has no chance. He has to adhere to evangelical doctrine while trying to win 50% and has insulted Latinos by means of the wall. It s a waste of time. The GOP is lost. I think a majority of under 5s in the US is not white. And the GOP has no clue how to respond. Because they are slaves to the Kochs.

Hardy

obamas outburst against trump was probably a boost to him in South Carolina , he's winning by a large margin in Nevada and if it was any other candidate the media would be crowning him already , interesting to see how it shakes out.

If this is what you're referring to, I can't think of anything less like an outburst. I think it's quite powerful and impressive.

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 21, 2016, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2016, 05:12:26 PM

whats the story with this boy? came across him only recently on youtube and have found myself intrigued with some of his rambles

He has quite a following among the conspiracy theory crowd.

Although his paranoia tends to end where it clashes with right wing politics.

The Jade Helm stuff was one of the more laughable things he championed, although as usual with these boys he didn't have much to say in the way of mea culpas when the feds did not in fact use Walmarts to conquer Texas! What was especially notable about Jade Helm though was that it really caught on among more mainstream GOP figures, including the governor of Texas.

Oraisteach

So, seafood, how do you think it's going to play out if both Cruz and Rubio stay in the contest until the bitter end?

Gmac

Quote from: Hardy on February 22, 2016, 12:19:32 AM

If this is what you're referring to, I can't think of anything less like an outburst. I think it's quite powerful and impressive.
theres no doubt he's  a great speaker that's what got him elected ,he lacked experience and guile Which has exposed him on the international stage