The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kursk

One thing you should keep in mind stew is that Russia and the American right have many values in common. Both have a visceral hatred of the kind of liberal bullshit that has taken over discourse in both the US and Europe. The US and Russia don't have to be enemies. I can easily envision a future where family values, the church and security are restored to their proper place in society. It will take some left field thinking on the part of both countries. The truth is that the rump of both countries have enough enemies without and within to form an alliance. The US must give up their hopeless idealism though. That view is not sustainable going forward.

heganboy

Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 02:03:08 AM
I can easily envision a future where family values, the church and security are restored to their proper place in society.
This is where it gets scary.
Which church in particular?
Which family is having their values restored? (Kardashians?)
And what security did you have in mind?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Kursk

Quote from: heganboy on October 31, 2015, 02:57:52 AM
I can easily envision a future where family values, the church and security are restored to their proper place in society.
This is where it gets scary.
Which church in particular?
Which family is having their values restored? (Kardashians?)
And what security did you have in mind?

Well, that is easy.In the US  it would be the preysbeterian/evangelican  churches. In Ireland it would be the Catholic church, In Russia it would be the Orthodox church. In England the Anglican church. The bottom line is that these churches have far more in common and have a common enemy (Islam). It makes no sense why we are at loggerheads. At one time we all marched under the crusaders flag. There is no reason we cannot do the same again.

personally I am not very religious but I understand the role of religion and how it is a glue for society. The Islamists understand this completely and it is why they are so powerful and it is why they will, eventually, if left unchecked,  conquer Europe.

I dislike your Kardasian jibe. the family is the key to western civilization. Other cultures don't value family. You only have to look at the female genital mutilation that goes on in African and muslim societies to understand that "family" for them does not include daughters. This is wrong and we should exclaim against this brutality from the rooftops. Defending family has been turned into something that people in the west can laugh at and belittle republicans in the US and Russians. It may not be "cool" but it is worth protecting.

As for security. You will find out. Teach your kids Arabic. they will need it. One day they may have to use it plea for their lives.

You probably think the Americans will come and save you. Think again.

Rossfan

The last post would suggest we have a far right neo Nazi type extremist in our midst.
That Brevik mass murderer used to come out with stuff like that.
Hopefully this lad will grow out of his simplistic dangerous mindset.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 01:21:17 AM
Quote from: stew on October 31, 2015, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: Kursk on October 30, 2015, 10:08:29 PM
well, hang on a minute. There are some genuine questions that need to be answered about Benghazi. You cant simply dismiss them because you take a particular side in the (fatuous) American debate. It is ridiculous that a so called world power can allow their embassy to be overrun by a rag-tag bunch of allahu akbars. Surely something was wrong ?

There was, clinton got hundreds of requests for more security and denied them all, the top man begged her in some of the last ones and she claimed never to have gotten the emails.

I cant figure you out. One minute you are agreeing with Muppet then you surprise me !

The real weakness is the fact that you are having these "inquiries". Cant you see that this constant self questioning will lead to your ruin. Seriously, a bunch of allalu akhbars overran your embassy, murdered your envoy and you are looking within to find a scapegoat.

Jesus wept, you lads make it too easy for vlad to step in  ;D

I am Irish an from Armagh, I have live in the States twenty years.

No figuring out required, I am conservative thinking over here, if I had lived in the North I would have voted to keep a Unionist out and if living in England I would have voted Labour.

The tories are hateful bastards but the sheep elected them and are now paying the price and I am a big fan of the SNP.

That is all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Kursk

Quote from: Rossfan on October 31, 2015, 11:43:20 AM
The last post would suggest we have a far right neo Nazi type extremist in our midst.

On the contrary I believe diversity is a good thing. It can bring needed skills and is a net positive for society. However,
there is a difference between diversity and what is going on in Europe right now. There is too much cultural change and it is happening too fast.

Kursk

Quote from: stew on October 31, 2015, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 01:21:17 AM
Quote from: stew on October 31, 2015, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: Kursk on October 30, 2015, 10:08:29 PM
well, hang on a minute. There are some genuine questions that need to be answered about Benghazi. You cant simply dismiss them because you take a particular side in the (fatuous) American debate. It is ridiculous that a so called world power can allow their embassy to be overrun by a rag-tag bunch of allahu akbars. Surely something was wrong ?

There was, clinton got hundreds of requests for more security and denied them all, the top man begged her in some of the last ones and she claimed never to have gotten the emails.

I cant figure you out. One minute you are agreeing with Muppet then you surprise me !

The real weakness is the fact that you are having these "inquiries". Cant you see that this constant self questioning will lead to your ruin. Seriously, a bunch of allalu akhbars overran your embassy, murdered your envoy and you are looking within to find a scapegoat.

Jesus wept, you lads make it too easy for vlad to step in  ;D

I am Irish an from Armagh, I have live in the States twenty years.

No figuring out required, I am conservative thinking over here, if I had lived in the North I would have voted to keep a Unionist out and if living in England I would have voted Labour.

The tories are hateful b**tards but the sheep elected them and are now paying the price and I am a big fan of the SNP.

That is all.

Whilst I am with you on the tories being bastards (from an Irish perspective) due to the historical associations i.e. Thatcher etc it makes no sense to declare yourself a conservative in the US and hating conservative policies in the UK since being conservative in the US puts you even further to the right than a UK conservative !

I'm not having a go I am just pointing out that this is what seems to be the problem in Western society. This "identity" politics where everybody votes for one thing in the secrecy of the ballot box and then go to great pains to maintain a neutral PC identity in public discourse because they don't want to get hammered for their views. 

stew

Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 31, 2015, 11:43:20 AM

On the contrary I believe diversity is a good thing. It can bring needed skills and is a net positive for society. However,
there is a difference between diversity and what is going on in Europe right now. There is too much cultural change and it is happening too fast.

These people are human beings and need taken care of for now, Putin is the reason this is happening, if he would stop propping the arsehole running Syria up he would be taken down and people would not have to flee.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Assad isn't a US lackey therefore he has to go.
If the US and the rest hadn't armed the anti Assad (incl IS) we'd have no flood of refugees.
If assholes have to be got rid of in the middle East how about starting in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain?
You know Saudi - where women have no rights, it's a Capital offence to hold a non Muslim religious service and all the rest.
But of course they're pro US assholes so that's grand so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kursk

People are happy to consume Saudi oil whilst complaining about Saudi human rights violations. I don't think people are willing to sacrifice anything so the situation will never change. 

Eamonnca1

Only people in the west value families?!

Eamonnca1

What is the church's "proper" place in society?

J70

One thing you should keep in mind stew is that Russia and the American right have many values in common. Both have a visceral hatred of the kind of liberal bullshit that has taken over discourse in both the US and Europe. The US and Russia don't have to be enemies. I can easily envision a future where family values, the church and security are restored to their proper place in society. It will take some left field thinking on the part of both countries. The truth is that the rump of both countries have enough enemies without and within to form an alliance. The US must give up their hopeless idealism though. That view is not sustainable going forward.

Define "family values".

And what is the "proper" place of "the church "?

Kursk

Quote from: J70 on November 01, 2015, 12:07:53 PM

Define "family values".

And what is the "proper" place of "the church "?

Do you have a family yourself and do you live in Europe ? the US ?

heganboy

Relevance?

Still curious as to how these appear to be your family values.
And you admire the role of religion- and lo and behold it gets a key spot in your manifesto.
Trll me more about the security part though

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity