The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Stew, it's undeniable that Ben Carson is very bright, an accomplished neurosurgeon, but at the same time he's spectacularly dumb.  He says and believes things totally at odds with his scientific background and his training at Yale, I believe.  He thinks that Darwin's Theory of Evolution was inspired by the adversary, i.e. Satan.  Catholics don't find the Theory of Evolution incompatible with their beliefs, yet Carson does, believing in the young earth idea, in spite of mountains of fossil evidence, i.e. Science, to prove otherwise.  He equates homosexuality with pedophilia and bestiality.  It goes on and on.  Google it.  He is a brilliant nut job, an anti-science scientist.  Don't be wooed by his soft delivery.

gallsman

omaghjoe

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 09, 2015, 03:32:07 AM
Stew, it's undeniable that Ben Carson is very bright, an accomplished neurosurgeon, but at the same time he's spectacularly dumb.  He says and believes things totally at odds with his scientific background and his training at Yale, I believe.  He thinks that Darwin's Theory of Evolution was inspired by the adversary, i.e. Satan.  Catholics don't find the Theory of Evolution incompatible with their beliefs, yet Carson does, believing in the young earth idea, in spite of mountains of fossil evidence, i.e. Science, to prove otherwise.  He equates homosexuality with pedophilia and bestiality.  It goes on and on.  Google it.  He is a brilliant nut job, an anti-science scientist.  Don't be wooed by his soft delivery.

HS! Didnt believe he was such a wacko, He obiviously couldnt actually believe it himself.

I actually liked the chap.  Although much of his sentiment I agree with, alot of his politics would be completely at odds with my own. If it was a popularity contest (which it is for most people) I would vote for him...but he is obviously BSing with that crap so my estimation would have down big style.

muppet

Quote from: Declan on October 09, 2015, 08:24:08 AM
Carson is a neuro-surgeon who also happens to be a complete idiot

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/09/ben-carson-claims-jewish-people-might-have-stopped-holocaust-if-they-had-guns?CMP=share_btn_tw

"The guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs," Carson said. "And I just said, 'I believe that you want the guy behind the counter' ... I redirected him."

Don't shoot me, shoot him!

He'll make a great president.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Carson is a non starter- no shot whatsoever.

I can't understand the Republican party's approach to picking a candidate this time around. In playing to the base they have all of the candidates coming out with utterances that make them completely unelectable in the general election.

Carson is absolutely unbelievable, it is absolutely insane some of the comments he has made this week alone. How can a Yale educated neurosurgeon come out with statements that 5 year olds are able to call bullshit?

I just don't get it
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Consider whose votes he has to win.

It's called "pandering"

screenexile

Jesus Christ I just checked the polls and Trump is up a whopping 11 points on Carson. . . f**k me!!

Hilary twenty points ahead in the Democratic poll but she's dropped 20 points since April. Herself and Sanders seem to have leveled out since then though.

I think Hilary wipes the floor with Trump in a General Election!

heganboy

Quote from: J70 on October 09, 2015, 01:17:23 PM

It's called "pandering"

in the next 13 months he needs the majority of the electoral colleges, He's already done enough to make that impossible
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on October 09, 2015, 01:13:54 PM
Carson is a non starter- no shot whatsoever.

I can't understand the Republican party's approach to picking a candidate this time around. In playing to the base they have all of the candidates coming out with utterances that make them completely unelectable in the general election.

Carson is absolutely unbelievable, it is absolutely insane some of the comments he has made this week alone. How can a Yale educated neurosurgeon come out with statements that 5 year olds are able to call bullshit?

I just don't get it

When you have democrats running for office in the GOP you are going to get fecked! Trump is a democrat at heart, he is also a pile of shite!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: heganboy on October 09, 2015, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 09, 2015, 01:17:23 PM

It's called "pandering"

in the next 13 months he needs the majority of the electoral colleges, He's already done enough to make that impossible

Its a trend though.  Romney did it last time and could not recover. He tried moving to the centre,  especially in the first debate when Obama was completely listless and unprepared,  but the damage was done.

Unfortunately for them, the deranged lunatics who vote in GOP primaries bear little resemblance to the general electorate.

Even in Congress,  no one outside of the Tea Party crew wants to be Speaker of the House. These types do not get the concept of compromise and the realities of politics in an evenly divided country.

omaghjoe

Carson at it again, now about the Oregon shooting victims ::)

muppet

Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2015, 02:25:28 PM
Interesting read
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/13/the-hard-right-swerve-of-the-super-rich.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Not particularly surprising though.

I have always wondered how the Republicans ever got votes from anyone with a net worth less than $10,000,000. Turkeys voting for massively wealthy turkey producers.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2015, 02:25:28 PM
Interesting read
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/13/the-hard-right-swerve-of-the-super-rich.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Not particularly surprising though.

I have always wondered how the Republicans ever got votes from anyone with a net worth less than $10,000,000. Turkeys voting for massively wealthy turkey producers.

Maybe they see the democrats as eroding the nation with their policies at the peoples expense. It's an extreme choice. At least there might be some trickle down benefit on the rich getting richer cos there's certainly none in crack cocaine sales.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie