The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 04, 2015, 03:56:25 AM
So you're demanding to know why there wasn't international outrage about the shoot-to-kill policy in the north, because you don't think there can be outrage about shoot-to-kill policing in America, except among people in America, and the outrage about the northern thing is only allowed to come from some cosmopolitan place outside of Ireland, therefore northerners are exempt from being outraged about shoot-to-kill in the north because if they are they're being hypocrites for being outraged about shoot-to-kill in America, because if they can't find someone from outside Ireland who was outraged about shoot-to-kill in the north they can't be outraged about shoot to kill in America, because ...

If you actually knew what you were talking about I might take you seriously.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

Exactly. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I'm baffled by the arguments the "shoot first and ask questions later" crowd are putting forward.

gallsman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 03, 2015, 08:18:10 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 03, 2015, 01:50:04 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 02, 2015, 08:43:03 PM
Wish folks were as concerned about the ruc and their shoot to kill policy on innocent Irish/ Catholics/ Irish a number of years ago!
But I suppose it's ok as the ruc weren't racist!!

That's a very, very bizarre and, frankly, slightly grotesque, statement to make. Catch yourself on.
How so?
Maybe you catch yourself on!

Apart from ( some of) our own, there was no clamour from southern 26 counties let alone further
afield - I wish people had been as worried about the treatment of Irish/nationalist / catholic innocents up until 1994!!!

While dreadfully sad about a few men shot dead in the USA ( irrespective of whether guilty of a crime or not) it's remarkable how it's so earth shattering this all is to you all given the complete intransigence of practically everyone when it was happening on a wider and more frequent
Scale here pre 1994 !
The world turned a blind eye to it!

Yes I had relations who were victims of this.

It's disgraceful that you attempt to infer that by taking an interest in and a stance on the recent high profile cases of deaths of black teenagers at the hands of the police and the potential societal causes of this, contributors on this thread have somehow turned a blind eye to historical issues in the north.

The two discussions aren't mutually exclusive and your efforts to paint it as so is why you need to catch yourself on.

Eamonnca1

Maybe we should knock up a standard disclaimer preamble along the lines of "I hearby condemn all other heretofore and comparable instances of the wrongdoing I hearinrafter condemn."

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 04, 2015, 03:56:25 AM
So you're demanding to know why there wasn't international outrage about the shoot-to-kill policy in the north, because you don't think there can be outrage about shoot-to-kill policing in America, except among people in America, and the outrage about the northern thing is only allowed to come from some cosmopolitan place outside of Ireland, therefore northerners are exempt from being outraged about shoot-to-kill in the north because if they are they're being hypocrites for being outraged about shoot-to-kill in America, because if they can't find someone from outside Ireland who was outraged about shoot-to-kill in the north they can't be outraged about shoot to kill in America, because ...

You are missing the point completely in your rush to try and find fault!

I'm saying
That
It's a pity there wasn't the same interest at our more widespread plight on more innocents at the time!

I know this isn't the same kind of thing as the victims of shootings here are not all innocents - but it's just a pity there wasn't such an outcry for us. The world ignored it.

I'd hope people in USA are not killed, unless of course the cop was in mortal danger. Even then it's regrettable

lynchbhoy

Quote from: gallsman on January 04, 2015, 08:28:49 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 03, 2015, 08:18:10 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 03, 2015, 01:50:04 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 02, 2015, 08:43:03 PM
Wish folks were as concerned about the ruc and their shoot to kill policy on innocent Irish/ Catholics/ Irish a number of years ago!
But I suppose it's ok as the ruc weren't racist!!

That's a very, very bizarre and, frankly, slightly grotesque, statement to make. Catch yourself on.
How so?
Maybe you catch yourself on!

Apart from ( some of) our own, there was no clamour from southern 26 counties let alone further
afield - I wish people had been as worried about the treatment of Irish/nationalist / catholic innocents up until 1994!!!

While dreadfully sad about a few men shot dead in the USA ( irrespective of whether guilty of a crime or not) it's remarkable how it's so earth shattering this all is to you all given the complete intransigence of practically everyone when it was happening on a wider and more frequent
Scale here pre 1994 !
The world turned a blind eye to it!

Yes I had relations who were victims of this.

It's disgraceful that you attempt to infer that by taking an interest in and a stance on the recent high profile cases of deaths of black teenagers at the hands of the police and the potential societal causes of this, contributors on this thread have somehow turned a blind eye to historical issues in the north.

The two discussions aren't mutually exclusive and your efforts to paint it as so is why you need to catch yourself on.
Oh cop on with your mock outrage you big girl

In fact if you took the time to read what I wrote you might find I said the opposite- that I wished we received the same coverage and international outcry as a few victims in the USA - when our plight was institutionalized policy from the ruc and establishment forces.

It seems to be you making the 'two discussions mutually exclusive ' not me!

How you derive that from ' I wish we had the same coverage etc' is testament to your skills of incomprehension !
So stop whinging for nothing you moaning Minnie and cop on!

gallsman

It wasn't outrage, more dismissal.

Interrupting a discussion about perceived racial profiling by American police forces - what a curious way to make your point (ironically, in doing so all you've managed to do is dilute it) on the shoot to kill policy in the north.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: gallsman on January 04, 2015, 12:33:03 PM
It wasn't outrage, more dismissal.

Interrupting a discussion about perceived racial profiling by American police forces - what a curious way to make your point (ironically, in doing so all you've managed to do is dilute it) on the shoot to kill policy in the north.
Yes dismissal
'Disgusting' etc .....
::)
At least be consistent !!

God help us - that we have the discussion police telling us we can or can't make comments or have opinions on a 'discussion board'

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 04, 2015, 05:38:01 AM
Exactly. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I'm baffled by the arguments the "shoot first and ask questions later" crowd are putting forward.

Might be better to leave it alone then....

heganboy

Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 04:41:48 AM

Hasn't really stopped you before now, has it?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on January 05, 2015, 05:25:36 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 04:41:48 AM

Hasn't really stopped you before now, has it?

oh good one!! touché !

foxcommander

muppet

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 06:01:54 AM
Sweet Jesus. Not a very well thought out protest.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-brunch-protests-nyc-berkeley-oakland-190212742.html

Lol...file under...get a fvckin job!

I hope you two don't represent the attitudes of many in the US, because if you do, there is going to be serious conflict in the near future.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on January 05, 2015, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 06:01:54 AM
Sweet Jesus. Not a very well thought out protest.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-brunch-protests-nyc-berkeley-oakland-190212742.html

Lol...file under...get a fvckin job!

I hope you two don't represent the attitudes of many in the US, because if you do, there is going to be serious conflict in the near future.

I'm not too worried...the police can take care of the conflict :)