The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2014, 03:22:34 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2014, 08:01:02 PM
This will probably the most scrutinized GrandJury verdict in American history.

We have an African American President, an African American Attorney General,  and an African American woman poised to become the new Attorney General once Holder resigns.

I'm confident that if the  correct processes and procedures were not followed in Ferguson, they will be investigated and corrected by the aforementioned parties if need be.

Unfortunately, Whitey, this confidence is based of yours is founded on absolutely no legal or factual basis whatsoever.

A bit like some of your previously stated facts opinions, sorry (which you are of course entitled to), none of your African American "aforementioned parties" have jurisdiction, which is precisely why anyone wanting this squashed would go through the unusual process of a) bringing it to a grand jury in the first place, and b) the antics played out at the grand jury itself.

The grand jury is not supposed to decide guilt or innocence, but rather if there is enough evidence for a trial to even take place. The fact that there are conflicting witnesses alone would be enough for a grand jury a similar scenario in New York, NJ or CT. 

I'm confident that you will, of course, embark on the requisite years of full time legal study in the US and then practice law for a while and then come back with more well founded legal opinions involving the nature of the legal system in Missouri.

I'm not stating whether that is fact or opinion just yet, I'll let you know...

Good post.

And maigheo, I seriously doubt if any poster here has had his opinion swayed by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

We can think for ourselves.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 10:36:46 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 29, 2014, 09:21:42 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
Mike, I note you haven't contributed to the "social media humiliation" thread. By your logic your silence incriminates you - you condone that type ofbehaviour. Pathetic. You've lived in America for 20 years? Stay another f**king fifty and don't come home.

Come to think of it, you didn't contribute to that thread yourself, did you? You merely trawled through it after the fact looking to use anyone else's non-contribution to suit the slant you're attempting (and failing, miserably - see, I can be a patronising f**k too!) to put on a completely unrelated discussion.

You need to calm down and stop throwing the insults around. I know you are embarrassed that you got called on your hypocrisy, that doesn't excuse that sort of carry on.

You should concentrate on combatting racism in Ireland. That is somewhere that you can actually do something instead of constantly looking for excuses to have a go at Americans.

It is a great country with the most open-minded and tolerant people that I have come across anywhere and I am sick of listening to you xenophobes constantly running them down.

Congratulations, you're an embarrassment to two countries.

beats being an insular, know nothing,  pontificating on other peoples problems.

You should get out of your narrow minded enclave. Travel a bit and see the world.  Maybe you wouldn't be so judgemental about other countries if you lived in them for a while.

gallsman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 30, 2014, 11:21:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 10:36:46 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 29, 2014, 09:21:42 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
Mike, I note you haven't contributed to the "social media humiliation" thread. By your logic your silence incriminates you - you condone that type ofbehaviour. Pathetic. You've lived in America for 20 years? Stay another f**king fifty and don't come home.

Come to think of it, you didn't contribute to that thread yourself, did you? You merely trawled through it after the fact looking to use anyone else's non-contribution to suit the slant you're attempting (and failing, miserably - see, I can be a patronising f**k too!) to put on a completely unrelated discussion.

You need to calm down and stop throwing the insults around. I know you are embarrassed that you got called on your hypocrisy, that doesn't excuse that sort of carry on.

You should concentrate on combatting racism in Ireland. That is somewhere that you can actually do something instead of constantly looking for excuses to have a go at Americans.

It is a great country with the most open-minded and tolerant people that I have come across anywhere and I am sick of listening to you xenophobes constantly running them down.

Congratulations, you're an embarrassment to two countries.

beats being an insular, know nothing,  pontificating on other peoples problems.

You should get out of your narrow minded enclave. Travel a bit and see the world.  Maybe you wouldn't be so judgemental about other countries if you lived in them for a while.

Actually, I take that back. Personally, I consider bigots, propagandists and liars who spout unfounded bluster and bombast the way you do as an embarrassment to the human race. You are a disgrace.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 30, 2014, 07:20:37 AM

We have an African American President, an African American Attorney General,  and an African American woman poised to become the new Attorney General once Holder resigns.

I'm confident that if the  correct processes and procedures were not followed in Ferguson, they will be investigated and corrected by the aforementioned parties if need be.

Unfortunately, Whitey, this confidence is based of yours is founded on absolutely no legal or factual basis whatsoever.

A bit like some of your previously stated facts opinions, sorry (which you are of course entitled to), none of your African American "aforementioned parties" have jurisdiction, which is precisely why anyone wanting this squashed would go through the unusual process of a) bringing it to a grand jury in the first place, and b) the antics played out at the grand jury itself.

The grand jury is not supposed to decide guilt or innocence, but rather if there is enough evidence for a trial to even take place. The fact that there are conflicting witnesses alone would be enough for a grand jury a similar scenario in New York, NJ or CT. 

I'm confident that you will, of course, embark on the requisite years of full time legal study in the US and then practice law for a while and then come back with more well founded legal opinions involving the nature of the legal system in Missouri.

Good post.

And maigheo, I seriously doubt if any poster here has had his opinion swayed by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn

There is already on ongoing federal investigation:10 second Google search would have uncovered
that fact/opinion for you.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225265-holder-civil-rights-charges-still-possible

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on November 30, 2014, 11:43:25 AM

Actually, I take that back. Personally, I consider bigots, propagandists and liars who spout unfounded bluster and bombast the way you do as an embarrassment to the human race. You are a disgrace.

and you <splutter>...are...<snarl> .... a disgrace to all carbon based lifeforms !!

ffs, wind your neck in will you. Stop being so precious.

gallsman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 30, 2014, 01:14:23 PM

and you <splutter>...are...<snarl> .... a disgrace to all carbon based lifeforms !!

Why don't you practice what you preach for once? Show me where you called someone out for their racism towards the travelling community after having abused me for not doing the same.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on November 30, 2014, 01:27:33 PM

Why don't you practice what you preach for once? Show me where you called someone out for their racism towards the travelling community after having abused me for not doing the same.

I am perfectly fine with you, or anyone else, choosing not to call out racism in Ireland or elsewhere. It is the lack of consistency that is galling.

Also , if you want to talk about call outs....I would like to point out that you were the one that initiated this remember ? I did not engage with you. I posted a couple of articles and you waded in making pronouncements on what should or should not be discussed on this thread. You then started on about "Kerry f**kers" and lost the rag. Terrible stuff altogether.

J70

Apparently young black men are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than young white men. And while 90% of black murder victims are killed by blacks, 83% of white murder victims are killed by whites. Those stats are pretty much identical and as expected, given that most people would be killed by people they know or from their own area. So that particular right wing talking point is bullshit.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn

There is already on ongoing federal investigation:10 second Google search would have uncovered

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225265-holder-civil-rights-charges-still-possible

Holy crap Whitey, I have got to hand it to you, I knew you were a big shot, but I don't know how you managed to get the constitution of the great state of Missouri, and the US constitution changed overnight in order to win a couple of points on a discussion forum on Gaelic games but I'm looking forward to reading your article to find out.

"pregnant pause"

oh wait, no you didn't. You have posted an article about the ongoing federal investigation into a civil rights case which has been ongoing since the incident itself.
Some details for you on that one and how unlikely that is to happen: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html

you do of course realize that a federal civil rights case has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the grand jury? Or maybe that's an opinion too?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

maigheo

Good post.

Obviously I know the opinions of Sharpton and Jackson have no influence on here but they have a huge influence on the black population in the States.Still cannot figure how Sharpton has weaseled his way into being an advisor for the Obama administration any time there is any kind of racial incident and having his own show on Msnbc

J70

Quote from: maigheo on November 30, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

Good post.

Obviously I know the opinions of Sharpton and Jackson have no influence on here but they have a huge influence on the black population in the States.Still cannot figure how Sharpton has weaseled his way into being an advisor for the Obama administration any time there is any kind of racial incident and having his own show on Msnbc

Obviously a lot of black people feel that Sharpton voices their concerns and reflects their experiences.

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2014, 03:46:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn

Holy crap Whitey, I have got to hand it to you, I knew you were a big shot, but I don't know how you managed to get the constitution of the great state of Missouri, and the US constitution changed overnight in order to win a couple of points on a discussion forum on Gaelic games but I'm looking forward to reading your article to find out.

"pregnant pause"

oh wait, no you didn't. You have posted an article about the ongoing federal investigation into a civil rights case which has been ongoing since the incident itself.
Some details for you on that one and how unlikely that is to happen: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html

you do of course realize that a federal civil rights case has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the grand jury? Or maybe that's an opinion too?

Feds pressurize McCulloch to resign, new prosecutor reconvenes a grand jury....simple as.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 05:07:23 PM

Feds pressurize McCulloch to resign, new prosecutor reconvenes a grand jury....simple as.

Again interesting opinion, unfortunately again, not legally possible with the current system in Missouri, or indeed anywhere in the United States. However there can be the appointment of a special prosecutor to convene a new grand jury. That would be up to Governor Jay Nixon to appoint a special prosecutor, and he has already come out and categorically stated he would not entertain the idea.

Some (very disputed) legal opinion suggests that there is a legal possibility that St. Louis County Circuit Court may have a right to appoint a special prosecutor for the case, however they have been closed since last week and have not commented as yet as to whether they believe they have that right, or whether if they do, they would even entertain the idea.

As before this has absolutely nothing to do with any Federal body or "Feds pressurizing" whatsoever, but don't let that get in the way of any more of your posts.

Out of curiosity, can you also clarify to whom you are referring when you say "Feds"?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

your spiel is a bit tired now, Sheehy. Israel and the US are untouchable as far as you are concerned.
Anyone who objects gets ladled with insults.
Can't someone like things like bagels and Bruce Springsteen without having to swallow bombing Gaza with white phosphorous and systematic police brutality against black people?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2014, 07:45:48 PM
your spiel is a bit tired now, Sheehy. Israel and the US are untouchable as far as you are concerned.
Anyone who objects gets ladled with insults.
Can't someone like things like bagels and Bruce Springsteen without having to swallow bombing Gaza with white phosphorous and systematic police brutality against black people?

What is getting tiresome is your continued xenophobia, anti-semitism and double standards and your constant attempts to take every incident that happens in the US and use it to further your twisted geopolitical take on the world.

The way you cynically exploit these incidents is sickening.