The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2014, 01:24:27 PM

Personally, I think a Republican Governor from a Blue State is the perfect candidate. They are experts at dealmaking, negotiation and compromise. They cant hold extreme views on social issues because they would be unelectable to their constituents. 

(Most people don't realize that as Governor of MA, Mitt Romney worked with Ted Kennedy to bring in universal healthcare at the state level)

That being said, I would love to see Chris Christie run, but I don't know if he's right wing enough to get through the primary...and telling a heckler to sit down and shut up last week definitely raised some eyebrows.

Agreed Whitey. Christie is one smart fecker. He is bullish to the point of being blunt though and is likely to offend. Also loyalty may be his only crime :-) He is definitely playing the long game towards a run at some point. He has made decisions in NJ on the basis that, despite the popularity of one route in NJ, he has gone the other as it is more likely to help establish his credentials on the National stage.

Be interesting to see how Bridge gate would be handled in any campaign...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: AhNowRef on November 11, 2014, 01:45:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2014, 01:36:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 11, 2014, 12:55:18 PM
I have to laugh at Sheehy in fairness.

He has posted a few times now that he is not only a Democrat, but actually an Obama supporter!  :D :D :D :D

Hilarious stuff.

yes, I voted for Obama and would disagree with Whitey's position on Universal healthcare for example. However, unlike people like you I don't hold republicans in contempt just because I disagree with some of their positions.

I also don't see why Whitey needs to explain the position of the GOP on women voters to someone who makes disgusting , misogynistic comments about womens menstrual cycles....do you ?

The hypocrisy is beyond parody at this stage.

Mikey, Im not really aware of where it originates from but you do seem to have an unhealthy hard on for yer man Seafoid ... what gives? .. and is it reciprocated?

I dunno, I suppose I view him the same way that you view T. Fearon.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2014, 01:24:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
Whitey

Who do you think the GOP will pick to go in 2016?
If they could silence the tea party crowd they might have a chance but they'll have
to have some way of getting women and Latinos on board.

Thats a hard one....because candidates from both parties need to go to the fringes to get through their primaries. 

(Just a couple of weeks ago at a joint Elizabeth Warren event, Hillary said that "corporations didn't create jobs"-she immediately backtracked, but the Republicans are already using it to define her)

Personally, I think a Republican Governor from a Blue State is the perfect candidate. They are experts at dealmaking, negotiation and compromise. They cant hold extreme views on social issues because they would be unelectable to their constituents. 

(Most people don't realize that as Governor of MA, Mitt Romney worked with Ted Kennedy to bring in universal healthcare at the state level)

That being said, I would love to see Chris Christie run, but I don't know if he's right wing enough to get through the primary...and telling a heckler to sit down and shut up last week definitely raised some eyebrows.

Senators have a difficult time as candidates because they have a voting record. All types of stuff can be pinned on you thats completely unfair.  Thats where most of the attack ads come from, and both sides do it.

(Many of the proposed bills never even make it out of committee and never even have a chance of making it to a vote
I thought Christie would have been the best candidate but he seems to have gone back since the scandal over that bridge traffic. 

seafoid

He has posted a few times now that he is not only a Democrat, but actually an Obama supporter!  :D :D :D :D

Hilarious stuff.

yes, I voted for Obama and would disagree with Whitey's position on Universal healthcare for example. However, unlike people like you I don't hold republicans in contempt just because I disagree with some of their positions.

I also don't see why Whitey needs to explain the position of the GOP on women voters to someone who makes disgusting , misogynistic comments about womens menstrual cycles....do you ?

Mikey, Im not really aware of where it originates from but you do seem to have an unhealthy hard on for yer man Seafoid ... what gives? .. and is it reciprocated?
Unfortunately not. He reminds me of Adele (with Tourettes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0

deiseach

I can't see Christie getting the Republican nomination. If nothing else, this image should kill his campaign stone dead:

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 02:07:39 PM

Hilarious stuff.

Unfortunately not. He reminds me of Adele (with Tourettes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0

Do you reckon she has had her own mikvah as well Seafoid ?  I know you tend to get your "slappers mixed up" so take some time to think about it.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2014, 02:02:46 PM

Hilarious stuff.

Majorly different reasons I would imagine unless he stands up for the same nonsense Fearon does, but I dont think thats the case !! ... and I certainly don't follow Fearon around thank god !! ..

anyway, none of my business really .. just wondering what it was !!

seafoid

Quote from: AhNowRef on November 11, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2014, 02:02:46 PM

Hilarious stuff.

Majorly different reasons I would imagine unless he stands up for the same nonsense Fearon does, but I dont think thats the case !! ... and I certainly don't follow Fearon around thank god !! ..

anyway, none of my business really .. just wondering what it was !!
I just PMd him asking to stick to PMs if he wants to make a point, as discussed elsewhere.
I don't think anyone else is interested in his opinions of me. 
I certainly am not.

whitey

Quote from: deiseach on November 11, 2014, 02:18:51 PM
I can't see Christie getting the Republican nomination. If nothing else, this image should kill his campaign stone dead:

That's exactly the type of candidate we need and the fvckwit in the Tea Party are diminishing in power by the day

Christie raised a $hit load of money and campaigned vigorously during this last election as head of the Republican Governors association. He helped elect Republican governors in the bluest of blue states-Massachusetts, Illinois and Maryland and has a lot of favors to now call in

http://m.wbaltv.com/politics/chris-christie-to-gov-omalley-clear-out-your-office/29498320

From what I can tell "Bridgegate" is a non issue-even though certain elements in the media make it out to be his Waterloo. It's been investigated and so far they haven't been able to link him to any of it
If anything it shows how desperate his detractors are if this is all they have to use against him

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2014, 02:44:14 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 11, 2014, 02:18:51 PM

That's exactly the type of candidate we need and the fvckwit in the Tea Party are diminishing in power by the day

Christie raised a $hit load of money and campaigned vigorously during this last election as head of the Republican Governors association. He helped elect Republican governors in the bluest of blue states-Massachusetts, Illinois and Maryland and has a lot of favors to now call in

http://m.wbaltv.com/politics/chris-christie-to-gov-omalley-clear-out-your-office/29498320

From what I can tell "Bridgegate" is a non issue-even though certain elements in the media make it out to be his Waterloo. It's been investigated and so far they haven't been able to link him to any of it
If anything it shows how desperate his detractors are if this is all they have to use against him
And they need someone who can appeal to the 20% of undecideds in the centre

deiseach

The electability thing was what spurred the Republicans to go for Romney. You can be sure the base - they're the ones who actually vote in GOP primaries - are not going to allow themselves to be suckered into that kind of choice again.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on November 11, 2014, 03:01:43 PM
The electability thing was what spurred the Republicans to go for Romney. You can be sure the base - they're the ones who actually vote in GOP primaries - are not going to allow themselves to be suckered into that kind of choice again.
But then they'll lose again. An orthodox Republican who ticks all the boxes with the Tea Party will get slaughtered.
And they don't have that many moderates left.   

There are 300 people on each side working to find videos like this to sink the other side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M

deiseach

They probably will lose. But they will maintain the purity of the volk, and that's the main thing.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 03:06:24 PM
But then they'll lose again. An orthodox Republican who ticks all the boxes with the Tea Party will get slaughtered.

There are 300 people on each side working to find videos like this to sink the other side

Bet your life there are.....the Republicans wont get caught flat footed again.

I can only imagine what was said at some of Obamas close door fundraisers-LOL (but we will never know)

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2014, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 03:06:24 PM

Bet your life there are.....the Republicans wont get caught flat footed again.

I can only imagine what was said at some of Obamas close door fundraisers-LOL (but we will never know)

Did he not get into trouble for the "cling to guns and religion" comment back in 2008? Did the right wing not flog that to death?