The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on November 07, 2012, 11:04:37 AM
A good night, extremism has taken a beating - I'd have wanted Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock to lose before Mitt Romney. Will the Republicans learn the lesson that you can't rely on the votes of white men to win you elections? We'll see. However, what has to happen is an end to the worthless pundits who predicted landslide victories for Romney. George Will predicted that Romney would win Minnesota. This is a a state that voted for Walter Mondale, for chrissake! Peggy Noonan dismissed the polls on the basis that she saw more Romney/Ryan signs outside houses. Karl Rove spat his dummy out when Fox called Ohio for Obama. These clowns bleat about the 47% who take without wanting to give, yet they stay in their jobs despite being wrong all the time. There must be an end to incompetence in the press corps. I won't hold my breath though.
Poor Sheldon Adelson. He spent over $100 million and got nothing.
The Republicans have some questions to answer. One win in the popular vote since 1988. It's not like they didn't fish around for candidates either. Rick Perry, Bachmann, Newt- there was nobody better than Romney.

AZOffaly

Fox News was funny this morning, in a sad kind of way. I only watched about 10 minutes of it while getting dressed, but the difference in their tone and language compared to say, CNN, was gas. They were basically like a load of lads in a pub saying the ref rode them.

"Obama got lucky because of Hurricane Sandy, it made him look presidential, but I'm not sure how that will last because we know there are people freezing cold, still, and we've seen them. Some of them are hungry,"....pregnant pause..... "and we pray for them."

Mont

was only going to b 1 outcome. Romney was a poor selection to run.
Does this mean Hilary will be closer in 2016?

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 07, 2012, 01:14:55 PM
Fox News was funny this morning, in a sad kind of way. I only watched about 10 minutes of it while getting dressed, but the difference in their tone and language compared to say, CNN, was gas. They were basically like a load of lads in a pub saying the ref rode them.

"Obama got lucky because of Hurricane Sandy, it made him look presidential, but I'm not sure how that will last because we know there are people freezing cold, still, and we've seen them. Some of them are hungry,"....pregnant pause..... "and we pray for them."

I get the most pleasure out of watching those clowns. Last night they were on about one state, can't remember which, which they accpeted Obama was in with a chance of winning. This woman said that it was traditionally republican and for Romeny to win then Obama shouldn't be in contention there. Cue awkward silence.........Karl Rove was hilarious inventing stats to try and convince himself that Romeny was winning. I knocked it off last night when I saw that cos I knew it was in the bag. Thank God.

seafoid

The Republicans were in civil war mode during the nomination process. Newt and Perry landed some low blows on Romney.
He was the best of a very bad lot .

Obama isn't great TBH even if he's an improvement on Romney. 

The Iceman

Quote from: Mont on November 07, 2012, 01:21:03 PM
was only going to b 1 outcome. Romney was a poor selection to run.
Does this mean Hilary will be closer in 2016?
If they put forward hilary in 2016 she will lose. Chris Christie is a shoe in for the Republicans as a candidate in 2016
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

He has one BIG advantage over a lightweight like Romney.

Gabriel_Hurl

I could see Martin O'Malley (Governor of Maryland) running in 2016 for the Democrats

deiseach

Quote from: The Iceman on November 07, 2012, 01:58:35 PM
If they put forward hilary in 2016 she will lose. Chris Christie is a shoe in for the Republicans as a candidate in 2016

After his treachery over Sandy, something that I've seen a Republican label as the main reason Romney lost? I doubt it. Marco Rubio has to be the early favourite. Token Hispanic dude and all that.

Puckoon

Romney wasn't the best of a bad lot. He was indicative of the driven far right and as such the only candidate they could pick. The GOP needs to come back to centre, if and when it does, if the economy is still in the shit- we will see a GOP win. When it continues to vote along partisan lines, uber cultural conservatism and economics for the wealthy it will not get in. The white conservative male vote is no longer enough.

stew

Tammy Baldwin is a looney left equivalent of a tea partier, I am disgusted she got elected but at least history was made her being a lesbian an all.

Tommy Thompson lost because he took the money and ran, lost touch with the people of the state, came back and lost to this idiot, thanks very much Tommy  :'(

Puck is right, the republicans need to move to the center and to hell with the far right wing nuts, what are they going to do? vote for the Democrats? Not hardly!

I play in a pool league on Tuesdays and one of my team-mates was creaming himself because "Obama is going to give me money for four more years" I would like to say I was shocked but it has become what I expect of some Democrats, my response to him was why the fcuk should the Government give him handouts and why should people that actually work for a living carry his lazy ass! I find his stance on this very disturbing, it was all me, me, me and he didnt seem to f**king care about anyone else!

The republicans simply have to work with Obama now, enough posturing between the two sides, I hope that today they can sit down and do their duty to the citizenry and start working on getting people back to work, get the troops back home and out of the middle east, and cutting the deficit!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: Puckoon on November 07, 2012, 02:18:35 PM
Romney wasn't the best of a bad lot. He was indicative of the driven far right and as such the only candidate they could pick. The GOP needs to come back to centre, if and when it does, if the economy is still in the shit- we will see a GOP win. When it continues to vote along partisan lines, uber cultural conservatism and economics for the wealthy it will not get in. The white conservative male vote is no longer enough.

He was the only one anywhere near "moderate" left this time last year,  I thought.
Who would have done better ?

The Republicans need a wider base. Plutocracy is great but they need to get the votes of the ordinary people
to have a chance at the presidency.

deiseach

Quote from: stew on November 07, 2012, 03:19:56 PM
I play in a pool league on Tuesdays and one of my team-mates was creaming himself because "Obama is going to give me money for four more years"

And you took him at his word. Did you hear they've removed 'gullible' from the dictionary?

stew

Quote from: deiseach on November 07, 2012, 03:39:01 PM
Quote from: stew on November 07, 2012, 03:19:56 PM
I play in a pool league on Tuesdays and one of my team-mates was creaming himself because "Obama is going to give me money for four more years"

And you took him at his word. Did you hear they've removed 'gullible' from the dictionary?

I have known him for years you numpty, he fecking means it, 16 years to be exact, how long have you known him???

There is an eejit from louth that lives in town, he is cut from the same cloth, hasnt worked in a year, the last two jobs he got I got them for him and he sits on his hole all day and gets money from the Government, I asked him what was going on and he told me that why should he work when he can live on what the Govt gives him? he has $400.00 in his 401K and he is over 50 years old, who the fack do you think he votes for?????

Dont lecture me on being gullible, you dont know enough to know fcuk all!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.