http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_SouthernSwing_312.pdf

Public Policy Polling surveyed
"likely Republican primary voters in Alabama"

Q22 Do you think Barack Obama is a Christian or a
Muslim, or are you not sure?
Christian.......................................................... 14%
Muslim ............................................................ 45%
Not sure .......................................................... 41%

Q23 Do you believe in evolution, or not?
Believe in evolution............................................. 26%
Do not ............................................................. 60%
Not sure .......................................................... 13%

Q24 Do you think that interracial marriage should be
legal or illegal?
Legal............................................................... 67%
Illegal .............................................................. 21%
Not sure .......................................................... 12%

"likely Republican voters in Mississippi"

Q22 Do you think Barack Obama is a Christian or a
Muslim, or are you not sure?
Christian.......................................................... 12%
Muslim ............................................................ 52%
Not sure .......................................................... 36%

Q23 Do you believe in evolution, or not?
Believe in evolution............................................. 22%
Do not ............................................................ 66%
Not sure .......................................................... 11%

Q24 Do you think that interracial marriage should be
legal or illegal?
Legal............................................................... 54%
Illegal .............................................................. 29%
Not sure .......................................................... 17%

southdown

The US covering themeselves in glory yet again.....

For a nation that supposedly endorses freedom, democracy and all that malarky, they are just as bad as bad as some of the world's most rogue states when it comes to capital punishment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17520053

And in Saudi, the executioner below is almost treated like a celebrity, sickening stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JTPjs9nGNA

J70

Its certain states in the US, not the entire country.

Personally, I have no problem with the penalty of execution for certain horrific crimes. The reason I think it should be abolished is the risk of miscarriages of justice.

I'd still rather take my chances in Texas than in Iran or China though!

J70

This thread's been awful quiet!

Where's Tyrones Own these days?

Denn Forever

We're waiting for the electionering to begin. 

Anyway I think China will have a bigger influence on what happens in Ireland and I don't see them having elections soon.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2012, 04:39:40 PM

Personally, I have no problem with the penalty of execution for certain horrific crimes. The reason I think it should be abolished is the risk of miscarriages of justice.

I take it you're white then.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 29, 2012, 06:46:15 PM

You think you're less likely to get a fair hearing in Texas than China or Iran?

stew

Quote from: J70 on March 29, 2012, 08:37:18 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 29, 2012, 06:46:15 PM

You think you're less likely to get a fair hearing in Texas than China or Iran?

White Americans voted for Obama in their millions, despite the ignorance from the likes of eamonnca1 etc, America is getting better on issues such as racism and there are very few states that allow the death penalty.

America does an awful lot right, it also does an awful lot wrong, that said if someone thinks they would be better off in a Chinese or middle eastern prison, rather than a Texas one, they are either stupid or ignorant, take your pick!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on March 31, 2012, 01:52:13 PM
White Americans voted for Obama in their millions, despite the ignorance from the likes of eamonnca1 etc, America is getting better on issues such as racism and there are very few states that allow the death penalty.

Only if 34 states out of 50 is "very few" in your book.

QuoteAmerica does an awful lot right, it also does an awful lot wrong, that said if someone thinks they would be better off in a Chinese or middle eastern prison, rather than a Texas one, they are either stupid or ignorant, take your pick!

Au contraire:

QuoteIn 2001, Human Rights Watch estimated that at least 140,000 inmates had been raped while incarcerated. [1] and there is a significant variation in the rates of prison rape by race. Just Detention International (formerly known as Stop Prisoner Rape, Inc.) estimate that young men are five times more likely to be attacked, and that the prison rape victims are ten times more likely to contract a deadly disease. A meta-analysis published in 2004 found a prevalence rate of 1.91% with a 95% confidence interval between 1.37–2.46%.[2] In a survey of 1,788 male inmates in Midwestern prisons by Prison Journal, about 21% claimed they had been coerced or pressured into sexual activity during their incarceration, and 7% claimed that they had been raped in their current facility.[3]

According to the study conducted by the United States Department of Justice for the year 2006, there were 2,205 allegations of inmate-on-inmate nonconsensual sexual acts reported, total, in the U.S. prison system. 262 of the allegations were substantiated.[4]

Prison rape has become a staple of comedy or drama in films and television. Films such as Office Space, Half Baked, and Let's Go to Prison have used it for comedic purposes, while prison drama Oz contained multiple scenes of rape. Kurt Vonnegut's novel Breakfast of Champions features a character, Wayne Hoobler, whose prison experience consisted of sexual encounters with other inmates.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2012, 10:26:27 PM
Jen Sorenson on Romney

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002178923

Stephen colbert romney "ad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aix7tQMdJ3s

you cannot cherry pick who you youtube, Obamination has put this country on the edge of economic ruin and there are plenty of pundits that think he is a nightmare in the ilk of W.

W started this thing although the economy was starting to go south in the last six months of the Clinton presidency, that said W was a disaster and Obama is just as bad if not worse.

What sickens me is the amount of eejits on here who are all for the democrats without having any sort of balance at all at all, the truth of the matter is this country has not had a decent president since Clinton and even McCain was dumb enough to take palin as his running mate, an absolute disastrous decision which cost him a real chance of the presidency.

Buy yourselves some perspective peeps, there are shite politicians across the board and Obama is as much a mare as W, I fecking live here and that is the Gods honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.