The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 08:24:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2011, 07:03:57 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 06:57:41 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 25, 2011, 06:50:50 PM
Quotewhy should obama be given a second term?

Because the alternatives make Dana look like an intellectual heavyweight ;)
Ah I see...still nothing 8) Great idea for a question muppet, its highlighting
perfectly what most of us already know and others can't admit ;D

Do you think no one noticed that you refused to answer the same question first?
OK...they have been two peas in the same pod for a long long time hence the reason I registered as an Independent but there are changes afoot,
changes with the pressure of conservative thinking of getting back to basics, Smaller Government, less government intrusion into our everyday lives, a new direction that I would tend to be more aligned with compared to the Marxist actions that we've witnessed with this administration!
Your turn............

Smaller Government, less government intrusion into our everyday lives

When you get up tomorrow you won't be at war with an Arab nation, that attacked your country and yet the evil dictator will be dead. American lives, that is ordinary American lives, will not be lost. This is despite a massive (big) Government spend on military hardware.
MWWSI 2017

Buswhacker

Not so long ago since Obama and Blair were toadying up to Gaddaffi.News reports and photos of Blair and Gaddaffi in meetings.Two faced hypocritical w.....s like all politicians.They supply these lunatics with weapons of destruction and then condemn them when they are used to commit genocide.
America and U.K the ugly.

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on October 25, 2011, 08:43:07 PM

OK...they have been two peas in the same pod for a long long time hence the reason I registered as an Independent but there are changes afoot,
changes with the pressure of conservative thinking of getting back to basics, Smaller Government, less government intrusion into our everyday lives, a new direction that I would tend to be more aligned with compared to the Marxist actions that we've witnessed with this administration!
Your turn............

Smaller Government, less government intrusion into our everyday lives

When you get up tomorrow you won't be at war with an Arab nation, that attacked your country and yet the evil dictator will be dead. American lives, that is ordinary American lives, will not be lost. This is despite a massive (big) Government spend on military hardware.
Wha.....I recognize those words but collectively I have no f**king idea
of the message, no doubt something hateful but sure try again  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

If ever a country needed a third party option it is the US of A.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrones own

Quote from: stew on October 25, 2011, 09:03:29 PM
If ever a country needed a third party option it is the US of A.
There is no doubting that!
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 08:03:40 PM
Where did you pick this opinion piece from, Ed Schultz or Alan Combes

Damned if I know who Ed Schultz is but to watch Colmes I'd have to tune into Fox News. Why would I do that? The only Fox News I ever watch is via Jon Stewart, which is the only way anyone with at least half a brain could possibly watch it.

Eamonnca1

Republicans. Because we have to kick government intrusion out of our everyday lives (except for in the bedroom where you'll only be allowed to stick in in whatever holes we approve of).

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 25, 2011, 09:17:58 PM

Damned if I know who Ed Schultz is but to watch Colmes I'd have to tune into Fox News. Why would I do that? The only Fox News I ever watch is via Jon Stewart, which is the only way anyone with at least half a brain could possibly watch it.
Ever hear of a radio you fecking clown...and as for John Stewart, that sounds about right...explains a lot actually  :-[
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 25, 2011, 09:21:02 PM
Republicans. Because we have to kick government intrusion out of our everyday lives (except for in the bedroom where you'll only be allowed to stick in in whatever holes we approve of).
WTF..  :D :D :D
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 09:27:25 PM
Ever hear of a radio you fecking clown.

I listen to the radio constantly. Why do you ask?

Tyrones own

Quotebut towatch Colmes I'd have to tune into Fox News.
That's why ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Your turn............

In what way is the government intruding in your life that's so bad? What government agencies do you want to get rid of?

You asked earlier why Obama deserves another term. I'm not sure he does. He's been totally ineffectual IMO. The healthcare reform is pretty basic, as compromise reform had to be, but setting the tone for what was to come, he tried to negotiate and compromise with the Republicans and wasted his time as they weren't interested, despite the basis for it being things like the individual mandate which many of them are on the record as having favoured in the recent past (your Heritage Foundation buddies too). I do feel sorry for him as no matter who went into office was on a hiding to nothing given the scale and underlying causes of the economic crisis and the fact that he has to deal with a Republican House who are interested in nothing except not enabling him to have any success, no matter what's in it for them. It is amazing however how Obama's severely criticized on the left for his administration's close ties to Wall St and on the right for being an anti-business communist!

But whatever, its clear that nothing is going to get done with him in office and the tea party in control of the house and maybe, god help us all, the senate. Maybe better in the long run that they get their own president and so the country gets their fill of them more quickly. We'll see how much everyone likes it when the policies and programs that affect THEIR lives are changed. Government programs don't always benefit someone else at your cost and the free market is not the answer to everything.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 09:27:25 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 25, 2011, 09:17:58 PM

Ever hear of a radio you fecking clown...and as for John Stewart, that sounds about right...explains a lot actually  :-[

All Jon Stewart does is ridicule by pointing out their hypocrisy and inconsistencies. Why is that objectionable?

He had Ron Paul a couple of weeks back for christ sakes and often points out how Paul is ignored and dismissed in the Republican race. By your own words above you , above all people here, should appreciate that.

J70

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 25, 2011, 09:52:59 PM
Quotebut towatch Colmes I'd have to tune into Fox News.
That's why ::)

Anybody know what this clown is on about?