The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

From The Daily Mash  :D

Coke-snorting jungle fever is the real America, says Palin

15-09-11

SARAH Palin last night claimed drug taking and having sex with tall, muscly black men was the dream of every real American.

The former Alaskan governor said that filling your nose with dream powder or riding a mighty basketball player was the 'golden tomorrow' of every middle-class 'hockey mom'.

Palin, a leader of the right-wing Teapot movement, added: "To all those who wake up in the morning, hoist the flag on their lawns and make waffles for their kids, I know how much you wish you were buzzing like a freak while screaming for more.

"You just want your kids to be safe, go to college and get a good job while you pay your mortgage and score some kick-ass blow before climbing on board a man who is so much more than that hard-working, pasty faced salesman you're so proud to be married to.

"But the real scandal is that the cronies in Washington keep all that sweet powder to themselves and use their corporate  contacts to get great seats at basketball games, so close they can almost reach out and touch those glistening black thighs that can go all night long.

"I want you to know that I will always stand with you and if we stick to our beliefs, cherish our values and keep faith in God we can all share in an orgasm that you would simply not believe."

Margaret Collins, a housewife from Ohio, said: "Sarah Palin is just an ordinary American girl who can communicate so passionately my burning need to get really well fucked every once in a while.

"And if I can do that while being so high I can actually see Jesus then, God willing, we can take our country back."
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrones own

So Much hate... So little time! and her not even running  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on September 15, 2011, 08:26:10 PM
so twice in one week! The NY Times (my bible as per TO) has slated the author of this book, and in some style.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/books/joe-mcginnisss-the-rogue-on-sarah-palin-review.html

On May 22, 2010, Joe McGinniss moved into a strategically well-situated house in Wasilla, Alaska. It was next door to the home of former Gov. Sarah Palin and her family, but that understates the highly exploitable proximity of the two places. They were very close together. The Palins could probably hear tweets from the newly hatched birds that Mr. McGinniss excitedly uses as filler for "The Rogue," his book about his summer-long experiment in homesteading. "The grebe chicks have hatched!" he needlessly exclaims.

Nancy Doherty
Joe McGinniss
THE ROGUE
Searching for the Real Sarah Palin
By Joe McGinniss
Illustrated, 321 pages. Crown Publishers. $25.
Related

Jake Guevara/The New York Times
Tweets emanated from the Palin place too. But they were the kind that Mr. McGinniss could have monitored from home in Massachusetts.

Mr. McGinnis, who has been writing best sellers since "The Selling of the President" in 1969, starts this book by affecting a gee-whiz attitude about his amazing new digs. ("Forty years in the business and I've never had a piece of luck like this.") But he doesn't get far with that attitude. Ten pages into "The Rogue" he has already blown his cover, printing a map to the Palins' isolated house. He describes having gone to the Palin door with a signed copy of his book about Alaska, "Going to Extremes," and exploiting this encounter to engage the family's older son, Track, in conversation. But had Mr. McGinniss been a good neighbor, he would have delivered that book without showing up unannounced.

Mr. McGinniss explains that he was shocked, just shocked, at the angry response his presence in Wasilla provoked. But "The Rogue" makes the Palins' widely publicized anger understandable, even to readers who might have defended his right to set up shop in their neighborhood and soak up the local color. Although most of "The Rogue" is dated, petty and easily available to anyone with Internet access, Mr. McGinniss used his time in Alaska to chase caustic, unsubstantiated gossip about the Palins, often from unnamed sources like "one resident" and "a friend."

And these stories need not be consistent. "The Rogue" suggests that Todd Palin and the young Sarah Heath took drugs. It also says that she lacked boyfriends and was a racist. And it includes this: "A friend says, 'Sarah and her sisters had a fetish for black guys for a while.'  " Mr. McGinniss did in 2011 make a phone call to the former N.B.A. basketball player Glen Rice, who is black, and prompted him to acknowledge having fond memories of Sarah Heath. While Mr. Rice avoids specifics and uses the words "respectful" and "a sweetheart," Mr. McGinniss eggs him on with the kind of flagrantly leading question he seems to have habitually asked. In Mr. Rice's case: "So you never had the feeling she felt bad about having sex with a black guy?"

So much for the soft sell. Soon Mr. McGinniss is settling in to enjoy the fuss his mere presence has created. "Normally, for a news story to continue beyond the first 24-hour news cycle, something newsworthy must occur," he writes loftily, but "The Rogue" is filled with proof to the contrary. What was his hate mail like? He quotes it. What did Glenn Beck call him? That's here too. Who took umbrage at this venom and chose to help him? One man offered him a hideout, despite Mr. McGinniss's slight skepticism about his motives. "But you don't know me," Mr. McGinnis protested.

"Hell, I've even got an AK-47 you might like," the man volunteered.

Is it any wonder that such shenanigans found their way to "Doonesbury"? The "Rogue"-related controversy has escalated this week with the news that some newspapers have declined to run installments of the comic strip that incorporate excerpts from the book. But what exactly is stopping them? Is it the book's intrepid reporting, or its questionable tone? Mr. McGinniss's most quotable, inflammatory lines call Ms. Palin a clown, a nitwit, a rabid wolf and a lap dancer — and those aren't the parts that assail her as a wife and parent.

He even finds a species of Alaska yenta willing to remark on the condition of the Palins' toilet, and he too (many of these gossips are men) has a place in "The Rogue." A journalist as seasoned as Mr. McGinniss surely knows what these details will do to his credibility regarding the book's more serious claims.

"The Rogue" reopens many knotty arguments about Ms. Palin's public record, mostly the same ones that were hashed over when she became part of the 2008 presidential campaign. It cites the investigation that became known as Troopergate, the questions about her involvement with the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (Mr. McGinniss covered this in a 2009 Portfolio article) and her possible commitment to such extreme theological ideas as dominionism, although here too "The Rogue" is too busy being nasty to be lucid. Mr. McGinniss suggests both that Ms. Palin is committed to stealth religious control of government, and that she is not sufficiently devout.

With the same imprecise aim he cites conspiracy theories that Ms. Palin may not be the mother of her youngest son, Trig, and questions the circumstances under which he was born. Mr. McGinniss puts forth a provocative case for doubting Ms. Palin's account of Trig's birth, which involved a round trip between Alaska and Texas while she was supposedly in labor. But then he comes to an indefensibly reckless conclusion: "It is perhaps the most blistering assessment of her character possible that many Wasillans who'd known Sarah from high school onward told me that even if she had not faked the entire story of her pregnancy and Trig's birth, it was something she was eminently capable of doing."

There is one area, and only one, in which "The Rogue" is dead-on. Mr. McGinniss knows how publicity works. He appreciates, not to say emulates, the way members of the Palin family cash in on celebrity and contradict themselves without penalty. He also denounces the press's willingness to let this happen. How was it possible, he asks, for Ms. Palin's daughter Bristol to assail Levi Johnston, the father of her son, as being "obsessed with the limelight," then turn up herself on "Dancing With the Stars"?

Speaking of Mr. Johnston, Mr. McGinniss interviews his resentful mother, who was under house arrest on a drug charge at the time. He leaves her house "wanting to find Levi and give him a good hard shake and tell him to forget his sputtering career for half a second and go home, because his mother needs him." Since absolutely nobody connected with "The Rogue" seems to lack ulterior motives, there is one here as well. Mr. Johnston's sputtering career has produced a memoir, "Deer in the Headlights." Next week it will compete for attention with "The Rogue," when both are officially published on the same day.
The writing is on the wall as to where this ship is headed, not even the NY Times can hold out any longer!
The rest of ye will bring up the rear shortly... I'm confident :)
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2011, 06:11:05 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 15, 2011, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2011, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 15, 2011, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 14, 2011, 08:24:27 PM
Just how much more do we need to know about this pair :o
Un fecking believable;
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2011/sep/13/michelle-obama-all-just-flag/#.TnAMFa5aAgM.facebook

Never let the facts get away of the propaganda machine . . .

QuoteMrs. Obama leans to her husband and appears to say, "all this just for a flag." She then purses her lips and shakes her head slightly as Mr. Obama nods.

I watched it out of morbid curiosity. The right wing fake outrage machine must have some serious lip reading skills to decipher such a treasonous utterance from that piece of film! :D
Ok that said, what does it look like she uttered then in your opinion.......?

I have no idea whatsoever TO nor, more importantly, do I care whatsoever what Michele Obama or any other woman whispers privately to her husband.

To me, this type of "issue" is on a level with the birther/"Obama is a muslim" extreme fringe paranoia.
Or course not, I'd expect nothing less.
It's simply too bad that she couldn't keep her disdain for this Country
let alone the disrespect to those there to memorialize those who lost their
lives on 911 to herself...what is it about a pig and a grunt ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 16, 2011, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2011, 06:11:05 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 15, 2011, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2011, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 15, 2011, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 14, 2011, 08:24:27 PM
Just how much more do we need to know about this pair :o
Un fecking believable;
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2011/sep/13/michelle-obama-all-just-flag/#.TnAMFa5aAgM.facebook

Never let the facts get away of the propaganda machine . . .

QuoteMrs. Obama leans to her husband and appears to say, "all this just for a flag." She then purses her lips and shakes her head slightly as Mr. Obama nods.

I watched it out of morbid curiosity. The right wing fake outrage machine must have some serious lip reading skills to decipher such a treasonous utterance from that piece of film! :D
Ok that said, what does it look like she uttered then in your opinion.......?

I have no idea whatsoever TO nor, more importantly, do I care whatsoever what Michele Obama or any other woman whispers privately to her husband.

To me, this type of "issue" is on a level with the birther/"Obama is a muslim" extreme fringe paranoia.
Or course not, I'd expect nothing less.
It's simply too bad that she couldn't keep her disdain for this Country
let alone the disrespect to those there to memorialize those who lost their
lives on 911 to herself...what is it about a pig and a grunt ::)

Pigs and grunts says the person who never fails to interpret every single action or word (or mime) of any Democrat or liberal (or fill in your non-US-right winger of choice) in the very worst possible and most paranoid, bitter and twisted way! :D

Tyrones own

Difference being of course and intentionally missed,
I don't hate this Country!
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 16, 2011, 06:22:04 PM

And my implication being missed (I won't impugn your motives) is that such  hatred is in the eyes of the paranoid, bitter alleger.

Face it TO... you're making an eejit of yourself ranting about lip movements.

screenexile

So Obama decided to become President because he hates the United States??

I think I've heard it all now!!

Tyrones own

Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2011, 06:54:16 PM

No dim wit...Michelle is not the President of the United States!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2011, 06:35:12 PM

And my implication being missed (I won't impugn your motives) is that such  hatred is in the eyes of the paranoid, bitter alleger.

Heading out to the golf course here...I'll get back to you later.
  - Walter Lippmann

Oraisteach

Be careful, TO. You wouldn't want your balls hooking to the left.  And no gimmes on the green.  You don't want to be the recipient of an unfair handout.

tyssam5

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 16, 2011, 02:42:42 PM
From The Daily Mash  :D

Coke-snorting jungle fever is the real America, says Palin

15-09-11

SARAH Palin last night claimed drug taking and having sex with tall, muscly black men was the dream of every real American.

The former Alaskan governor said that filling your nose with dream powder or riding a mighty basketball player was the 'golden tomorrow' of every middle-class 'hockey mom'.

Palin, a leader of the right-wing Teapot movement, added: "To all those who wake up in the morning, hoist the flag on their lawns and make waffles for their kids, I know how much you wish you were buzzing like a freak while screaming for more.

"You just want your kids to be safe, go to college and get a good job while you pay your mortgage and score some kick-ass blow before climbing on board a man who is so much more than that hard-working, pasty faced salesman you're so proud to be married to.

"But the real scandal is that the cronies in Washington keep all that sweet powder to themselves and use their corporate  contacts to get great seats at basketball games, so close they can almost reach out and touch those glistening black thighs that can go all night long.

"I want you to know that I will always stand with you and if we stick to our beliefs, cherish our values and keep faith in God we can all share in an orgasm that you would simply not believe."

Margaret Collins, a housewife from Ohio, said: "Sarah Palin is just an ordinary American girl who can communicate so passionately my burning need to get really well fucked every once in a while.

"And if I can do that while being so high I can actually see Jesus then, God willing, we can take our country back."

I wonder where she stands on Irishmen and whiskey?
Joe McGinniss wrote a pretty decent book about a Serie B Italian soccer team in the 1990's, Castel de Sangro. Good read.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 16, 2011, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2011, 06:35:12 PM

Heading out to the golf course here...I'll get back to you later.

TO, you don't have to explain to me what you do in your real life and why that might delay a discussion here (assuming that's why you said that). I've a very young child and all kinds of other pressing commitments... I might be away from the board for a week at any time and have been on an number of occasions recently. I'm certainly not going to justify my absence to anyone here!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 16, 2011, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2011, 06:54:16 PM

No dim wit...Michelle is not the President of the United States!
Thankfully neither is Mr Palin. He hates America so much that he wants his state to secede, you know. A bit like that fella down in Texas, what's his name? Rhymes with Gerry...

seafoid

Which is the odd one out?

Almonds
Michele Bachmann
Cashews
Toothpaste

Answer : Toothpaste