Rival GAA fans clash following night out

Started by red hander, March 04, 2009, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puc me

this story was in the tyrone times yesterday, i live down the road and i never heard a thing about it ???
all ireland champions and lovin' it

magickingdom

i remember the nypd trying to seperate tyrone and armagh fans in the bronx in 1985 or 86 ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2009, 08:49:12 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 04, 2009, 08:28:42 PM
This may be a bullshit story but I don't think the Gaa is far from an incident like this. To go to Clones on a matchday and see the slobbering drunken imbiciles that go along to drink and fall around the place has to be seen to be believed. I'm afraid Armagh and Tyrone would be the worst offenders in my experience. Most likely these are bandwagon jumpers that land at a match when things go well for the team, but when a major row happens the spotlight will be shone on the GAA and not on the small proportion of drunk sunshine supporters that cause the problems,
I honestly feel that Armagh 'supporters' are worst for this or it could be that they embarrass me so much that I notice them more, vomiting and pissing everywhere with a carryout in one hand and a spliff in the other.

Definitely agree. Unfortunately there's always a strong Lurgan contingent (not to single them out-get them from all over the county) and I know its going to be bad when I see dozens of lads I know who couldn't name 2 players on the squad donning their 2001 13/14 size jerseys swilling from buckfast bottles.

Onion Bag

There is a minority in every county in Ireland, and come match day you see them no matter what, lying stone drunk in beer gardens and making shows of themselves, cant put it down to anyone one or two particular counties, these wankers are everywhere and they give the whole county a bad reputation
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Lecale2

Crimewatch BBC NI Special. 8.00pm tonight.

red hander

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 05, 2009, 12:04:27 PM
Please dont say it is going to show this so called riot

I think he's extracting the urine, OB

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 05, 2009, 12:18:37 PM
::) ::) ::)

feel a wee bit silly
I don't think anyone noticed - go on and modify/delete your post ;-)

corn02

Feck the Arena or Laceys, the Relic was the worst of the lot so we have to include the Down crew in this argument.  :P

Armagh fans are the worse I have encountered for loutish behaviour - Tyrone not too far behind - the amount of Tyrone scumbags in the Hill in the 03 final was incredible, but overall Armagh win this coveted title.

Maguire01

Quote from: Zapatista on March 04, 2009, 02:05:10 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2009, 01:25:11 PM
Were they wearing GAA tops? That's the only way i could see any link being made. The SF rep has obviously made some link, judging by his comment.

Are we not are all of the opinion the report has no credibility?
Just to clarify - i agree with you. I'm just surprised that a SF rep would appear to validate the story by his comments.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2009, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on March 05, 2009, 12:18:37 PM
::) ::) ::)

feel a wee bit silly
I don't think anyone noticed - go on and modify/delete your post ;-)

Cheers Tony, got that off the board b4 anyone started

bingobus

Disgusting stuff.

Both county's should be banned for at least a year from Ulster championship.

(Now, if can organise a bus from Donegal into Derry for a bit of the tear up, the Anglo Celt will be ours, ALL OURS I TELL YOU, HAH HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D )

Onion Bag

Quote from: corn02 on March 05, 2009, 01:11:29 PM
Feck the Arena or Laceys, the Relic was the worst of the lot so we have to include the Down crew in this argument.  :P

Armagh fans are the worse I have encountered for loutish behaviour - Tyrone not too far behind - the amount of Tyrone scumbags in the Hill in the 03 final was incredible, but overall Armagh win this coveted title.

The Arena was by far the worse for boxing than the relic and laceys, and it wasnt always Armagh or Tyrone lads, a lot of the time it was bus loads of Belfast lads and lassies, f**k there used to be some killing sessions, i remember one night the chip van got rolled over aginst the wall,

RMDrive

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 05, 2009, 03:50:47 PM
f**k there used to be some killing sessions, i remember one night the chip van got rolled over aginst the wall,

They deserved it for running out of vinegar. Bet they haven't run out since.

cadhlancian

Lads and lassies, no mention of the daddy of them all, "The Glengannon Hotel" was always a savage place to go to if you fancied throwing the mits up. Many a brutal beating given and taken in that place ;D

Onion Bag

I remember one night i was @ the Arena an all merciful row broke out dont know who was boxing who but there was a fella got a brave beating and an ambulance was called, the ambulance near got wrecked when it arrived, buses getting windows put through, fellas running round with Wheel braces and chains, holy f**k, it would have scared the life out of ye