Rival GAA fans clash following night out

Started by red hander, March 04, 2009, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteOut of towners clash with locals, and because they each happen to be supporters of their respective GAA teams, it becomes GAA mass brawl thang. Bullsh*t.

The brawl may have happened, but on a normal night out I can't really see what GAA team you support as the means for a row starting, and certainly not 2 huge gangs forming for each team - laughable!  This kind of craic happens all over the country and its more to do with drunk lads wanting to box with out of towners etc.  If a row of similar stature happened in Coleraine between people from Ballymena would it also be headlined as a brawl between Antrim and Derry GAA fans??  I doubt it would, so why should this example be linked with the GAA?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

corn02

I remember a lot of baiting beween Tyroneis in Armagh ones in Renshaws shortly after 03 final. One Armagh player was in attendance and he must of skelped about 10 Tyrone men by himself.  :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2009, 01:25:11 PM
Were they wearing GAA tops? That's the only way i could see any link being made. The SF rep has obviously made some link, judging by his comment.
Strange as it may seem maybe the police interviewed the people involved and ascertained some facts about the brawl before commenting e.g. "some Tyrone hallion came up and said he took 1-3 off Mickey's da in the '79 final so Mickey stuck the head in him and then all hell broke loose when some bushy eye-browed fella appeared and started grabbing everyone by the balls". Maybe.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rrhf on March 04, 2009, 01:41:47 PM
I think whoever sold this to the Irish news may well have more pups for sale.  Theres no GAA connection there at all unless we wish for one - and somebody does.  Theres more chance of the bould Portuguese bating the Armagh men up and down scotch street, than getting a carload of Tyrone fans out of the whole place.  How the feck could ye tell they were Armagh men (eyes closer together/ orange hair/ pee smell / or Tyrone men Monobrows / ballgroping /beardy types is beyond me.   Its not as if they were wearing hats, scarves or headbands.  If they had said a group of rival nationalist youths, would it have made any difference?  
Ger Cavlan?

SidelineKick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 04, 2009, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: rrhf on March 04, 2009, 01:41:47 PM
I think whoever sold this to the Irish news may well have more pups for sale.  Theres no GAA connection there at all unless we wish for one - and somebody does.  Theres more chance of the bould Portuguese bating the Armagh men up and down scotch street, than getting a carload of Tyrone fans out of the whole place.  How the feck could ye tell they were Armagh men (eyes closer together/ orange hair/ pee smell / or Tyrone men Monobrows / ballgroping /beardy types is beyond me.   Its not as if they were wearing hats, scarves or headbands.  If they had said a group of rival nationalist youths, would it have made any difference?  
Ger Cavlan?

:D

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Load of bollix
Lazy journalism willing to do anything to sell more papers

rrhf

I think whoever sold this to the Irish news may well have more pups for sale.  Theres no GAA connection there at all unless we wish for one - and somebody does.  Theres more chance of the bould Portuguese bating the Armagh men up and down scotch street, than getting a carload of Tyrone fans out of the whole place.  How the feck could ye tell they were Armagh men (eyes closer together/ orange hair/ pee smell / or Tyrone men Monobrows / ballgroping /beardy types is beyond me.   Its not as if they were wearing hats, scarves or headbands.  If they had said a group of rival nationalist youths, would it have made any difference.
A Gaa source stated the this evening "I would like to assure Armagh people that they are more than welcome to come to Tyrone without fear of a (lynch)ing.  We still remember their great sporting achievement after their long grim (ley) period in the wilderness, and we look forward to bating them wher it should happen -  on the field in the championship"  

SidelineKick

This will certainly be one for the BBC and UTV to give air time to.  They'll possible do a reconstruction!

Reported.

Zapatista

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2009, 01:25:11 PM
Were they wearing GAA tops? That's the only way i could see any link being made. The SF rep has obviously made some link, judging by his comment.

Are we not are all of the opinion the report has no credibility?

BennyHarp

Whats this got to do with the GAA, as someone already pointed out - these people are probably also rugby and soccer fans - why does the GAA element get highlghted? I could perhaps see why of this had occurred after the all-ireland final in 2003 or semi in 2005 or even a league game, but there is no link to the GAA at all! I rememeber going to the Drumsill when i was youner where Dungannon lads and Armagh lads used to get into fights all the time - was this GAA related? No - it was idiot related!!
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

It smells of pure bullshite to me but I'd love to know what made Larry McLarnon link it to the GAA. Was he just called by the Irish News for a response, or was he on the scene and which side was he on Armaghs or Tyrones?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SidelineKick

Maybe his RUC friends put him up to it  :o

Reported.

illdecide

i heard Mugsey came in and scaped a few of the floor... :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

I assume it was a bunch of spotty 17 yr olds beatin the tar out of each other outside The Fort bar?

If thats their definition of rival GAA fans fighting, it's been going on for donkeys years.  Outside  Balckwatertown disco on a Sunday nights 20 odd years ago there was regular murder between Armagh & Coalisland ones.  Ditto for Drumsill/Arena a few years later.  Rival GAA fans me hole.

Onion Bag

This is a pile of Horse Shit, wouldnt read much into it
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!