Rival GAA fans clash following night out

Started by red hander, March 04, 2009, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Bet it's those BBC cnuts dressed up as GAA fans to create a story.
Testing Accessibility

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 05, 2009, 04:50:23 PM
I remember one night i was @ the Arena an all merciful row broke out dont know who was boxing who but there was a fella got a brave beating and an ambulance was called, the ambulance near got wrecked when it arrived, buses getting windows put through, fellas running round with Wheel braces and chains, holy f**k, it would have scared the life out of ye

Yip happened in Laceys one night. Couple of Dundalk boys jumped a few people with wheel braces and tables turned and they took a bad one. You couldn't even do anything because there was about 10 boys going around with weapons - don't think i went back after that - sickening.

The Gs Man

Jaysus lads, any time I was at the Arena we done nothing but hug each other!
Keep 'er lit

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 05, 2009, 09:29:44 PM
Just look at the fun you missed out on.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stiffler

Anyone mind the paddys day riot outside of dukes/renshaws circa 2001/02??

Heard talk of there was over 100 scrapping with the police, the riot squad was called in....good few lads ended up in the slammer for the night!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 05, 2009, 10:17:15 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on March 05, 2009, 09:29:44 PM
Just look at the fun you missed out on.

Im a lover, not a fighter.
Keep 'er lit

Onion Bag

Quote from: stiffler on March 05, 2009, 10:19:34 PM
Anyone mind the paddys day riot outside of dukes/renshaws circa 2001/02??

Heard talk of there was over 100 scrapping with the police, the riot squad was called in....good few lads ended up in the slammer for the night!

I was there, some craic, it actually headlined the 6 news the following evening, there was a skip couped and the bricks were flying,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2009, 01:43:26 PM
You might have seen this on Tabloid News if it had been picked up:

Tyrone Fans Attacked by Armagh Rivals

On Wednesday evening during the Omagh CBS - St Mary's CBS match at the Athletic Grounds in Armagh, all the cars parked on Dalton Park outside the main entrance to the Athletic Grounds were vandalised by someone who keyed every car along the length of the street from the gate to Irish Street.  Virtually all of the cars belonged to supporters of the Tyrone school.  Many of the car owners did not realise the extent of the vandalism until the next day. Hence, no reports to the police or press.

Cars vandalised by disgruntled residents - would this be more appropriate?

Bastards !

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2009, 02:13:14 PM
Myself and 2 other teachers were included along with several parents of the boys playing.

Did you bring this to the attention of the GAA / Athletic grounds ? If so, what did they say / do ??

under the bar

Quoteall the cars parked on Dalton Park outside the main entrance to the Athletic Grounds were vandalised by someone who keyed every car along the length of the street from the gate to Irish Street.

I honestly dont think I could control myself if I caught someone doing the likes of that.  I'd probably beat them unconscious.

bennydorano

Heard the 'GAA rivals' fighting were a busload of Yr12 St Pat's Keady students.

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2009, 04:42:38 PM
By the time I was leaving the ground there was virtually no one around.  I heard about the others the next day.

No point in raising it with the Armagh authorities, they are already in dispute with the residents who immediately lit their smokey fires when the lights went on.  Mind you I just will drop a letter to all concerned not that I expect any result.

What is the disputes with the residents about ?

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2009, 04:51:05 PM
I think it is something to do with the development of the terracing behind their houses, they are unhappy with it.

Scraping cars is pathetic.