Oops!!

Started by stpauls, February 27, 2009, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on March 06, 2009, 12:07:29 AM
I accept that, but it has failed miserably, other than apparently stopping the High Court actions. But there is nothing to stop that avenue starting again.

I think there is: the DRA, and it hasn't happened yet where the courts have followed a DRA ruling. QED.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 06, 2009, 12:10:08 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 06, 2009, 12:07:29 AM
I accept that, but it has failed miserably, other than apparently stopping the High Court actions. But there is nothing to stop that avenue starting again.

I think there is: the DRA, and it hasn't happened yet where the courts have followed a DRA ruling. QED.

The DRA was introduced attempting to stop teams/players going to the courts. But AFAIK there is nothing preventing them deciding they still don't like it and heading off to the 4 Courts.

MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on March 06, 2009, 12:13:40 AM
The DRA was introduced attempting to stop teams/players going to the courts. But AFAIK there is nothing preventing them deciding they still don't like it and heading off to the 4 Courts.

Yes, exactly my point!

Edit: I should have added "there is de facto" to my previous post

muppet

:D :D :D :D :D

Read the last few posts again.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on March 06, 2009, 12:18:09 AM

Read the last few posts again.

No muppet, you read them please.

Muzz

Lecale2

Everybody should read them!

SidelineKick

McMenamin eight-week ban remains 

McMenamin was disciplined after an incident in the NFL game against Kerry
Tyrone footballer Ryan McMenamin's eight-week ban remains in place after the GAA's Central Appeals Committee rejected his appeal on Thursday night.

Last week, the GAA's Central Hearings Committee extended McMenamin's proposed six-week ban to a two-month suspension.

The ban was imposed after McMenamin's controversial challenge on Paul Galvin in last month's NFL game against Kerry.

McMenamin had not accepted the six-week ban proposed by the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee.

A GAA statement on Friday also revealed that the Kerry county board had been fined 2,000 Euro by the Cenral Hearings Committee arising from "disruptive conduct by their players and officials" after the Healy Park game.

Tyrone's county board were last week also fined 2,000 Euro by the Central Hearings Committee because of "disruptive conduct" by Red Hand players following the final whistle against Kerry.

Despite the extension of the ban, McMenamin won't miss any more than the four NFL matches which would have been covered by the original six-week suspension.

Mickey Harte was expecting McMenamin's ban to be cut to a month

After being banned for the games against Galway, Westmeath, Donegal, the suspension will also cover the match against Derry on 28 March but Tyrone's final Division 1 round-robin clash is away to Castlebar on 12 April and McMenamin's ban expires the previous midnight.

McMenamin was disciplined when video evidence caught him grabbing opponent Paul Galvin between the legs.

The Tyrone board were originally recommended to be fined 5,000 Euro by the Central Competition Control Committee but that was reduced to 2,000 by the Central Hearings Committee.

McMenamin came in for some scathing criticism in the media and beyond following the incident in the game at Healy Park but Mickey Harte insisted that the punishment didn't fit the crime.

"We would have expected that it would have been reduced to one month, given previous case history, where people were involved in similar type incidents," said Harte last week.

"That it has been extended to eight weeks is even more baffling because it does not incur any more games suspension."

Harte added that McMenamin had accepted that his tackle on the Kerry player had been "wrong".

"He would be prepared to take the requisite suspension which was one month.

"We don't like that it seems that he is being victimised to some extent and it's a huge loss to our team."

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Maguire01

Is that it all over now?
Let's hope so.

corn02

Was certain it would be cut, an ominous warning to players for the year ahead.

ONeill

New balls please.
A load of balls.
A pure bollocks.
A real kick in the gonads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on March 06, 2009, 01:45:57 PM
New balls please.
A load of balls.
A pure bollocks.
A real kick in the gonads.

Nuts!
MWWSI 2017

full back

At least Mickey has some material for his column next week now

Minder

Quote from: full back on March 06, 2009, 01:50:24 PM
At least Mickey has some material for his column next week now

He has, his dislike for the International Rules.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 06, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
Is that it all over now?
Let's hope so.

Send for Ferghal.
"Stercus accidit"