Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 17, 2009, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

A bit away I know but really looking forward to this one given the closeness of the teams at the moment.. Monaghan have showed well in their first two outings but I'm thinkin this one won't be as handy! The big advantage for us is the development of the squad this year. This is something that Banty has been a bit thin on to date.. There's no place guaranteed and a few of last years first 15 struggling to make it this year, which is healthy..

Should maybe draw a line in the sand for both teams as to where they're at..

Maguire01

Difficult to make any kind of accurate call on this one until we know if Armagh will have the Cross boys back. Monaghan looking good on the first two games, whilst Armagh appear inconsistent. Will be an interesting battle.

Maguire01

What's the logic for the 2-week layoff followed by 4 games in a row after that anyway?

Orior

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 17, 2009, 07:24:03 PM
Difficult to make any kind of accurate call on this one until we know if Armagh will have the Cross boys back. Monaghan looking good on the first two games, whilst Armagh appear inconsistent. Will be an interesting battle.

I cant imagine Armagh getting anywhere near Monaghan
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Shortso79

Heard match may be moved to Crossmaglen

Monaghan were lucky to get a win in last years fixture

Orior

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 17, 2009, 10:55:35 PM

I hope not  >:(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

donelli

Would have preferred this game have been played on the saturday night in the athletic grounds..
cant see them moving it to cross after the investment they are after putting in to the A.G..

T Fearon

I too would have preferred this game to be played at the Stadium of Light on Saturday evening as well. Just wondering about the old cliche "the return of the Cross boys" this season. With Oisin gone, is it not really only the Kernans (and at that only Aaron would be guaranteed a place in the starting line up) and possibly big Hearty we can look forward too. Francis is a legend but even he can't go on for ever. Will the Cross boys this year make a big pile of difference.

thebandit

Cross might get a bigger crowd, handier for Monaghan people

bennydorano

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 11:25:20 AM
I too would have preferred this game to be played at the Stadium of Light on Saturday evening as well. Just wondering about the old cliche "the return of the Cross boys" this season. With Oisin gone, is it not really only the Kernans (and at that only Aaron would be guaranteed a place in the starting line up) and possibly big Hearty we can look forward too. Francis is a legend but even he can't go on for ever. Will the Cross boys this year make a big pile of difference.
I'd say David McKenna should get a run at MF to see what he can do at intercounty level.  Paul Kernan must have a good shout of a defensive position, Skinny McKeown will get a chance there too.  Stephen & Tony Kernan will also have roles to play at some stage.

Hard to be confident of winning this game against a strong Monaghan team as you'd imagine there'll be no Cross boys until after Paddy's day plus there seems to be a lot of niggily injuries in the squad - Not to mention the 2 red cards that will automatically rule out Peadar & JP.

Maguire01

I think it would be more accurate to say that Monaghan were lucky not to throw it away.

Tyrone Dreamer

I see only 5,000 turned up at the stadium of light on Saturday night. First game under lights and first in Armagh in many years. Were has the best supporters in Ireland gone?

corn02

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 01:26:09 PM

I see only 5,000 turned up at the stadium of light on Saturday night. First game under lights and first in Armagh in many years. Were has the best supporters in Ireland gone?

5,000 for a league game is a grand number, about the same you would get in Healy when you are not playing Kerry.

Looking forward to this, should be a good old-fashioned bust-up.

Don't know what sort of team I would like to see or expect. Bit early but...

Rodgers (rotation policy)
Paul Kernan Martin Finn Mo
Shannon Aidan McKeever (if available)
McKenna Vernon
Barnsey Mallon Stephen Kernan
Micheal O Rourke Clarke Henderson

GrandMasterFlash

How did yougn henderson do against Laois? Were Laois mindful of his exploits against Wexford? I think from a Monaghan perspective I'd rather have it i the AG. XMG's a bit like Clones for the Armagh team, i.e. home away from home..  ::)

What's the story with Ciaran McKeever? He'd be a big miss..

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: corn02 on February 18, 2009, 01:29:20 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 01:26:09 PM

5,000 for a league game is a grand number, about the same you would get in Healy when you are not playing Kerry.

Looking forward to this, should be a good old-fashioned bust-up.

Don't know what sort of team I would like to see or expect. Bit early but...

Rodgers (rotation policy)
Paul Kernan Martin Finn Mo
Shannon Aidan McKeever (if available)
McKenna Vernon
Barnsey Mallon Stephen Kernan
Micheal O Rourke Clarke Henderson

That comment was mainly for Fearon.

Tyrone would regularly get well over 5,000 for league games especially for big occasions. When the first league game was played under lights in Omagh in 2007 around 12,000 showed up v Fermanagh. Would have expected a bigger crowd with it being 1st game in Athletic Grounds and 1st Saturday night match.