Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 17, 2009, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on February 18, 2009, 07:36:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 06:46:08 PM
Surely they wont move this game from Athletic Grounds?  Has the makings of a decent match. Monaghan will probably be favourites after a more consistent start to the season. They've recorded 2 big wins so far. Hopefully the talk about having a stronger depth this year proves to be true. That has held Monaghan back from going further in recent years. They could have a big season ahead. Its must win for Armagh if they want to go up and 2 defeats at home in a row would leave confidence pretty low in the camp.

I would have thought that shipping 2-6 in 13 minutes would'nt have been a great cnfidence builder eiter.....glass houses/stones and all

That wasnt even meant as a dig at Armagh!

To be honest a 3 point league defeat to Kerry isnt that big a deal. Especially after they already beat you in 2005 and 2008 in the league and then you went on to win the All Ireland.

GrandMasterFlash

Ah lads, please please please, I am begging you.

I'm having serious bouts of déjá vu here where every thread gets hijacked and turned into a schoolyard Armagh/Tyrone war-of-words. Please slowly and carefully read the subject of this thread. It is not entitled, 'Our County's better than yours', nor is it 'Eoin Mulligan's better looking than Stevie McDonnell', nor is it 'We have more supporters in Feb than you'. It's entitled ' Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09' and I'm assuming that if you have the skills to type you have the skills to read..

I'll start a new thread for youns to bitch-slap each other in if that's the problem?

corn02

You could say we haven't won a league game this millenium if we are going to be pedantic. Walking in last Saturday I reckoned it was my first match there since 2001.

illdecide

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 19, 2009, 09:01:04 AM
Ah lads, please please please, I am begging you.

I'm having serious bouts of déjá vu here where every thread gets hijacked and turned into a schoolyard Armagh/Tyrone war-of-words. Please slowly and carefully read the subject of this thread. It is not entitled, 'Our County's better than yours, no it isn't yes it is nor it isn't yes it it', nor is it 'Eoin Mulligan's better looking than Stevie McDonnell', nor is it 'We have more supporters in Feb than you'. It's entitled ' Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09' and I'm assuming that if you have the skills to type you have the skills to read..

I'll start a new thread for youns to bitch-slap each other in if that's the problem?

Well said Grandmaster...comment on the match the thread was intended for not the other bullshit...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

It's pretty clear than Monaghan will have the focus for the game and are not distracted by petty neighbourly superiority or inferiority complexes.

corn02

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2009, 12:48:09 PM
It's pretty clear than Monaghan will have the focus for the game and are not distracted by petty neighbourly superiority or inferiority complexes.

Eh?

Tyrone Dreamer

Which Monaghan players that haven't featured much in previous years are likely to really push for inclusion in the team this year? Or at least be a decent option from the bench.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 19, 2009, 01:21:10 PM
Which Monaghan players that haven't featured much in previous years are likely to really push for inclusion in the team this year? Or at least be a decent option from the bench.
McEnaney, Downey, Hughes and McGuigan would probably be the main candidates at this stage.

ExiledGael

Always been impressed with McGuigan. He's quite a bit of experience at college level and can certainly take a score.
Should be a tough game but fancy Armagh to sneak it simple because they will want it more after a very poor result on home soil last week.
Don't think Banty would be overly concerned if Monaghan lost a game either.

Tyrone Dreamer

Monaghan look much more settled at this stage of the season and will be keen to keep there good start to the season going. Also will want to prove to themselves that they can beat the best teams in the country. Fancy a Monaghan win.

Schkite

McGuigan has alot of talent, but has been fierce unlucky with injuries over the years. He's threatened to break into the starting team for a few years now but it was only really last year that he got a few starts here and there. Before that whenever he got a run he got injured soon after. Like in the league in 06 he came on against Tyrone in the second half and scored 3 pts from the 40, got injured before the championship though. Very good player and I hope he gets a good go this year, offers alot in attack.

Shortso79

Having watched Cross all through the club championship. The following players in my opinion should be included in the armagh senior panel:

Paul Hearty
Paul Kernan
Paul McKeown
Brendan McKeown
Aaron Kernan
David McKenna
Mickey McNamee
Stephen Kernan and
Maybe Tony Kernan for Frees

Francie ???

Maguire01

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 19, 2009, 05:49:58 PM
Don't think Banty would be overly concerned if Monaghan lost a game either.
Not sure where you get that idea from.

ExiledGael

he said recently that they started the league almost too well last season and then were caught at the end by Westmeath and that left them flat going into the Championship. Maybe a bullshit excuse, but he seemed to be saying he'd rather his side peaked late in the NFL, if at all.

Orior

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 19, 2009, 07:43:02 PM
Having watched Cross all through the club championship. The following players in my opinion should be included in the armagh senior panel:

Paul Hearty
Paul Kernan
Paul McKeown
Brendan McKeown
Aaron Kernan
David McKenna
Mickey McNamee
Stephen Kernan and
Maybe Tony Kernan for Frees

Francie ???

I'd start with Aaron at half forward. Stephen K is one of the best footballers in the country when running at defences. He needs to be given the ball in space, otherwise he drifts out of games. I'd use Stephen as a sub and let him run along between the 45m and 20m lines.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians