Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 17, 2009, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 18, 2009, 01:39:11 PM
How did yougn henderson do against Laois? Were Laois mindful of his exploits against Wexford? I think from a Monaghan perspective I'd rather have it i the AG. XMG's a bit like Clones for the Armagh team, i.e. home away from home..  ::)

What's the story with Ciaran McKeever? He'd be a big miss..

Henderson didn't have a good showing, atlthough very few balls made it to the ff line. He dropped a couple, but kicked a nice point. Might be a blessing in disguise. Some people labelling him as the next McDonnell and all when I'm sure he just wants to get the head down and graft hard.

corn02

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 18, 2009, 01:29:20 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 11:25:20 AM
I too would have preferred this game to be played at the Stadium of Light on Saturday evening as well. Just wondering about the old cliche "the return of the Cross boys" this season. With Oisin gone, is it not really only the Kernans (and at that only Aaron would be guaranteed a place in the starting line up) and possibly big Hearty we can look forward too. Francis is a legend but even he can't go on for ever. Will the Cross boys this year make a big pile of difference.

I see only 5,000 turned up at the stadium of light on Saturday night. First game under lights and first in Armagh in many years. Were has the best supporters in Ireland gone?

5,000 for a league game is a grand number, about the same you would get in Healy when you are not playing Kerry.

Looking forward to this, should be a good old-fashioned bust-up.

Don't know what sort of team I would like to see or expect. Bit early but...

Rodgers (rotation policy)
Paul Kernan Martin Finn Mo
Shannon Aidan McKeever (if available)
McKenna Vernon
Barnsey Mallon Stephen Kernan
Micheal O Rourke Clarke Henderson

That comment was mainly for Fearon.

Tyrone would regularly get well over 5,000 for league games especially for big occasions. When the first league game was played under lights in Omagh in 2007 around 12,000 showed up v Fermanagh. Would have expected a bigger crowd with it being 1st game in Athletic Grounds and 1st Saturday night match.

Fair enough!

I actually thought there was more th other night, only behind the goals did not look full. I suppose Fermanagh would brought about two thousand that day when Laois probably had about 500 too. But, yeah, 5000 I suppose a bit dissapointing.

Goats Do Shave

Maguire01

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 18, 2009, 01:52:36 PM
It was Valentine's!
Those smooth Armagh men showing the ladies a good time last Saturday night then?  :P

5,000 is actually pretty good for a Division 2 game, along with the fact that Laois won't have brought as much support as a local derby would have, and the night that it was.
As for Tyrone comparisons, i'm not sure how many more than 5,000 there were at the Championship game against Westmeath in Healy Park last summer.

T Fearon

There were copious amounts of empty seats and plenty of vacant room on the terraces at Healy Park last Sunday as well, and this for a rematch of the All Ireland Final. Then again when you consider the two busloads of Tyrone fans at last year's Qtr Final with Dublin it isn't really surprising that Ireland's fairweather fans only turn out for All Ireland Finals

corn02

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 02:08:22 PM
There were copious amounts of empty seats and plenty of vacant room on the terraces at Healy Park last Sunday as well, and this for a rematch of the All Ireland Final. Then again when you consider the two busloads of Tyrone fans at last year's Qtr Final with Dublin it isn't really surprising that Ireland's fairweather fans only turn out for All Ireland Finals

Dreamer is loving it.  :P

Tyrone Dreamer

There was 11,174 at Healy Park on Sunday. Suppose valentines night and the fact its division 2 would have impacted. Just thought there would have been more for 1st game in Athletic Grounds.

It's nice our fans have the choice only to turn up for All Ireland finals Tony!

thebandit

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 02:12:34 PM

There was 11,174 at Healy Park on Sunday. Suppose valentines night and the fact its division 2 would have impacted. Just thought there would have been more for 1st game in Athletic Grounds.

It's nice our fans have the choice only to turn up for All Ireland finals Tony!

I wonder what McMenamin did for Valentines? Did he get a feel of anything?

Tyrone Dreamer

Surely they wont move this game from Athletic Grounds?  Has the makings of a decent match. Monaghan will probably be favourites after a more consistent start to the season. They've recorded 2 big wins so far. Hopefully the talk about having a stronger depth this year proves to be true. That has held Monaghan back from going further in recent years. They could have a big season ahead. Its must win for Armagh if they want to go up and 2 defeats at home in a row would leave confidence pretty low in the camp.

ONeill

Is it true Armagh haven't won an NFL game at the Athletic Grounds this century?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 06:46:08 PM
Surely they wont move this game from Athletic Grounds?  Has the makings of a decent match. Monaghan will probably be favourites after a more consistent start to the season. They've recorded 2 big wins so far. Hopefully the talk about having a stronger depth this year proves to be true. That has held Monaghan back from going further in recent years. They could have a big season ahead. Its must win for Armagh if they want to go up and 2 defeats at home in a row would leave confidence pretty low in the camp.

I would have thought that shipping 2-6 in 13 minutes would'nt have been a great cnfidence builder eiter.....glass houses/stones and all

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: ONeill on February 18, 2009, 07:35:27 PM
Is it true Armagh haven't won an NFL game at the Athletic Grounds this century?

Is it true that there has'nt been a hospital in Tyrone this century.At least theres an outside chance that we'll see SAM back in Armagh this century!!!

ONeill

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on February 18, 2009, 07:36:26 PM
I would have thought that shipping 2-6 in 13 minutes would'nt have been a great cnfidence builder eiter.....glass houses/stones and all

Hammering the Kingdom 10-2 in a half recified any confidence problems immediately.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: ONeill on February 18, 2009, 07:38:41 PM

Hammering the Kingdom 10-2 in a half recified any confidence problems immediately.

Aye because obviously those Kerry boys were giving it 110% right til the end. I could have sworn I saw Cooper sitting on a deck chair reading a book mid way through the second half

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 06:46:08 PM

That wasnt even meant as a dig at Armagh!

To be honest a 3 point league defeat to Kerry isnt that big a deal. Especially after they already beat you in 2005 and 2008 in the league and then you went on to win the All Ireland.