The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Am I right in saying Brum's win today means that UEFA Cup football now only goes to the team in 5th and maybe 6th, as opposed if Arsenal won it where it would've been 5th, 6th and maybe 7th?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 27, 2011, 09:15:47 PM
Very poor today West Ham deserved their win.
Hopefully it's only a little blip and Kenny can get them back in form for next Sunday.

Have you dropped the "King" tag already?

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on February 27, 2011, 09:45:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 27, 2011, 09:15:47 PM
Very poor today West Ham deserved their win.
Hopefully it's only a little blip and Kenny can get them back in form for next Sunday.

Have you dropped the "King" tag already?

It was a brutal performance and "King" Kenny wouldn't be totally blameless in my eyes, for one I don't know how Joe Cole,who let's face it is fat, has crept up the pecking order ahead of Maxi. Midfield anonymous, Gerrard was having a disinterested, strolling afternoon. Kuyt just has to go, seriously if Liverpool have any designs in winning things hoof merchants like Carragher and Kuyt have to go. They are not technically good enough, and are not alone in fairness. Suarez could be dynamite when he gets settled in. Wilson was so bad it was unreal, but he is young.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneman

Quotehas crept up the pecking order ahead of Maxi

Jaysus Liverpool really are in trouble if fans are calling for Maxi to be invcluded in the team.

Minder

Quote from: tyroneman on February 27, 2011, 10:06:31 PM
Quotehas crept up the pecking order ahead of Maxi

Jaysus Liverpool really are in trouble if fans are calling for Maxi to be invcluded in the team.

Ahead of Joke Hole? Everytime, at least he is fit.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

I would have been a fan of Joe Cole, and I thought he would have been a great signing for Liverpool. He was a very instinctive footballer, but watching that game today, he was responsible for more ball turnover than the rest of the team together. He made bad decision after bad decision, and every time he did they were punished badly. Watching the replay of that game will make you squirm..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

Countdown on to Sunday now, Kenny V Fergie Part II.

Vidic missing for United is a help but given the LFC injuries and the fact we probably don't have a Left back with put serious pressure on us and can see Nani been deployed there to expose either Wilson or Agger if he fit to play there.

Talk that Raul could make it and Carroll has an outside chance. If Carroll is fit, I'd still be concerned we lacking width and delivery to use him effectively. I pray that Carra won't see him as an excuse to launch hail marys from the back to him.

Next few days be interesting to see who is going to make it from both sides. United should be hot favourites but there CB pairing will help even the odds against a toothless Liverpool attack.

ross4life

Giggs or Rooney will play on left, aurelio will be given the job marking Nani again & he's done very well on him & Ronaldo before.

The last time a Dalglish managed team played United in Anfield it ended 4-0 to pool.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bingo

Nothing given away this morning by Kenny in the press conference. Hoping that all players bar Kelly and Shelvey be fit and he includes Carroll but said they are still unsure if Carrolls progress has taken him to match standard. Even suggested that Carroll could be a a boyzone concert.

On a side note, is Kenny the only manager who refers to Ferguson as Fergie rather than Sir Alex?

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on March 03, 2011, 11:53:58 AM
Nothing given away this morning by Kenny in the press conference. Hoping that all players bar Kelly and Shelvey be fit and he includes Carroll but said they are still unsure if Carrolls progress has taken him to match standard. Even suggested that Carroll could be a a boyzone concert.

On a side note, is Kenny the only manager who refers to Ferguson as Fergie rather than Sir Alex?

They've come to an agreement he doesn't call Fergie "Sir" and Fergie doesn't call him "King"

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on March 03, 2011, 11:57:29 AM

They've come to an agreement he doesn't call Fergie "Sir" and Fergie doesn't call him "King"

If only Ally McCoist and Neil Lennon could come to such agreements, "I'll not call you a c*** and you don't call me a vvanker"

brokencrossbar1

i wonder will they share a bottle of red wine after the game? :P  He is the master of telling nothing squared! :P

Don't see Carroll starting, I reckon that there will be a front 3 of Kuyt Saurez and Maxi, with Gerard, Lucas and Merieles behind them.  Carroll will get the last 30 minutes in place of Maxi.  Not a bad sub to have and hopefully they will playing into the Kop and he will bang in a big "f**k you fergie header" to win it ;D

mackers

What time is the match on at? Pool Utd games tend to be at lunchtime don't they?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: mackers on March 03, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
What time is the match on at? Pool Utd games tend to be at lunchtime don't they?

1.30pm

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on March 03, 2011, 02:16:47 PM
Quote from: mackers on March 03, 2011, 02:10:44 PM

1.30pm

thats you drunk again by 4.00 this sunday !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012