The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woy the clown

Quote from: The Worker on January 05, 2011, 10:15:49 PM
Im waiting on our newest member, Woy the clown to make a comment!!

I've no comment to make on my future at present, nor will i be taking any questions,  ;)

Joxer

See few quotes here about a Sunday League pub team and I have to agree.

Hodgson is a feckin Clown and it is down right embarrassing listening to him after a match.  We were too defensive blah blah blah.  I would love to put every one of them Sky Sports "reporters" through the window.  Never his fault.  Watched MOTD last night and the three of them told it as it is.  He inherited a poor squad yeah but he has been brutal! 

For me last night.  Gerrard looked like he didnt want to be there and is starting to get on my goat.  He took the goal well but done nothing else.  If you got 20 million for Torres now you'd take it.  How does N'Gog get game time week in week out?  What is wrong with young Paecho or even stick with Babbel,  at least he wont get thrown out of the way time after time.  I thought Joe Cole tried hard last night and was the only one who looked fired up for the match.  Tried hard but nothing was coming off.  Dont understand how that clown PK lasted 15 minutes.  I had a friend at the game who was texting me and he was saying he hasnt seen a Liverpool player get as much abuse in a long long time.  Well deserved!  Useless!

EC Unique

Take your pick boys..

Frank Rijkaard  4/1
Jose Mourinho  33/1
Roberto Mancini  80/1
Martin O'Neill  5/1
David Moyes  33/1
Kevin Keegan  80/1
Didier Deschamps  13/2
Louis Van Gaal  33/1
Jamie Carragher  100/1
Kenny Dalglish  7/1
Marcelo Lippi  40/1
Sammy Lee  100/1
Rafa Benitez  7/1
Sven Goran Eriksson  40/1
Gerard Houllier  100/1
Gus Hiddink  8/1
Laurent Blanc  40/1
Graeme Souness  100/1
Ralf Rangnick  9/1
Marco Van Basten  40/1
Roy Keane  150/1
Owen Coyle  16/1
Harry Redknapp  50/1
Alan Hansen  150/1
Andre Villas-Boas  16/1
Mark Hughes  50/1
Phil Thompson  150/1
Martin Jol  20/1
Slaven Bilic  50/1
Jamie Redknapp  250/1
Manuel Pellegrini  20/1
Fabio Capello  66/1
Robbie Fowler  500/1
Jurgen Klinnsmann  25/1
Steve McClaren  66/1
Steve Staunton  500/1
Quique Sanchez Flores  25/1
Luiz-Filipe Scolari  80/1
Alex Ferguson  500/1
Carlo Ancelotti  25/1
Gianfranco Zola  80/1

screenmachine

Sammy Lee would be the icing on the cake. No reputable manager or anyone after a pinch of success would touch Liverpool with a barge pole.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

J OGorman

hopefully MON. Either that or Dalglish or Benitez until the end of the season and regroup. Buck the rest on that list

mountainboii

Quote from: screenmachine on January 06, 2011, 10:01:23 AM
Sammy Lee would be the icing on the cake. No reputable manager or anyone after a pinch of success would touch Liverpool with a barge pole.

Don't underestimate the ego of people involved in football. There are plenty of reputable men that'll be thinking all Liverpool need is their magic touch.

Moreover, despite the current shitfest, the Liverpool job is still a very prestigious one. A lot of reputable managers, like Martin O'Neill, won't get many more shots at jobs of this stature.

Minder

Would like to see Andre Villas-Boas at Liverpool.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Liverpool's owners are considering whether to sack manager Roy Hodgson but no decision has yet been taken, BBC Sport understands.
Liverpool are 12th in the Premier League table following Wednesday's 3-1 loss at Blackburn - their ninth defeat in 20 top-flight games this season.
With over half the campaign gone, the 18-times league champions are currently four points above the relegation zone.
Hodgson left Fulham to take charge at Anfield in July.
The 63-year-old replaced Spaniard Rafael Benitez but has struggled to win over the Liverpool fans as his side have laboured in mid-table.
A 1-0 home defeat by Wolves on 29 December piled the pressure on Hodgson before Saturday's last-gasp 2-1 win over Bolton looked to have earned him some breathing space.
However, following the poor performance at Ewood Park, Hodgson refused to discuss his future and said only that he felt "dejection, bitter disappointment, frustration" at the result.
The former Inter Milan, Blackburn and Switzerland boss was appointed by Liverpool before the current owners, New England Sports Ventures, took over the club in October.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: heganboy on January 06, 2011, 02:58:39 AM
there is a huge problem, and sacking Roy may not provide an immediate answer.

There are 3 issues:

• getting an improved performance from the existing players
  • getting rid of the wage bill that is not contributing to the team
  • attracting quality new players

Do you think that Kenny will be sufficiently strong in all 3 areas?

If he can lift the key players sufficiently, is there enough young talent at the club to at least preserve premiership status without a splurge in this transfer window. If that was where we were by year end- mid table obscurity, low wage bill, young players coming through and a plan on financially stable growth for the club with an agreed stadium upgrade -I'd take it now. However if thats what we're in for then we need the owners to come out and state that they will be aggressive in the transfer market and we need the key players to accept that...

Fair enough assessment overall but as Screen Machine has pointed out who would want to go there at present.

deiseach

Quote from: AFS on January 06, 2011, 10:17:52 AM

Don't underestimate the ego of people involved in football. There are plenty of reputable men that'll be thinking all Liverpool need is their magic touch.

Moreover, despite the current shitfest, the Liverpool job is still a very prestigious one. A lot of reputable managers, like Martin O'Neill, won't get many more shots at jobs of this stature.

Well said. There are far more managers with aspirations to greatness than there are clubs who have the potential for greatness. If Liverpool don't attract 'reputable' managers then what clubs are they holding out for?

BennyHarp

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 06, 2011, 10:36:49 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 06, 2011, 02:58:39 AM
there is a huge problem, and sacking Roy may not provide an immediate answer.

There are 3 issues:

• getting an improved performance from the existing players
  • getting rid of the wage bill that is not contributing to the team
  • attracting quality new players

Do you think that Kenny will be sufficiently strong in all 3 areas?

If he can lift the key players sufficiently, is there enough young talent at the club to at least preserve premiership status without a splurge in this transfer window. If that was where we were by year end- mid table obscurity, low wage bill, young players coming through and a plan on financially stable growth for the club with an agreed stadium upgrade -I'd take it now. However if thats what we're in for then we need the owners to come out and state that they will be aggressive in the transfer market and we need the key players to accept that...

Fair enough assessment overall but as Screen Machine has pointed out who would want to go there at present.

The attraction of being the man to turn Liverpool around would be enough to attract most big name managers in the game. I still think that they have enough good players to compete at a high level if they get the right man in to gel them together - which i know is easier said than done. Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Morieles, Cole is a decent start to building any team. It has to be Martin O'Neill in my opinion. He will sort out the defence quickly enough and has a good record of getting the best out of underperforming players.
That was never a square ball!!

Bingo

He has to go. The team look aimless, leaderless, deviod of organisation, devoid of ideas and totally lacking in motivation. Its been the case all season. Either he can't get through his ideas to highly paid professional (questionable why some of them are) or he can and they stink.

Its gone beyond a joke at this stage. How he could justify leaving Agger out is beyond belief, so he's injured but if he is fit for bench he should be fit to start. Defensively we've been shocking all year. Last year we started badly defensively but it got sorted out and over the course of the season we looked solid. Rafa's defensive woes where put down to zonal marking, yet Sky haven't yet named Roys defensive issues? They haven't even slated him for his rotating last night, its still all Rafa's and the fans faults for been so impatient. They wouldn't even ask him about his future in the post match interview.

Time to act. I do believe we could still attract a decent manager, Roy was never the right appointment or more correctly the time wasn't right for any appointment.

thebigfella

Dalglish getting them relegated would be a dream come true. Would bring a similar similar satisfaction to when the fans at Newcastle got what they wanted and Keegan/Shearer fcuked it by getting them relegated  ;D

On a more constructive note, if they win their 2 games in hand it will take them to 31 points; potentially joint 7 with Newcastle (if Newcastle win theirs) and 2 points behind 6th. Really that was the best they could hope for at the start of the season but it's not beyond them reaching a champions league spot if the top teams continue to drop points and they string five or six wins together. 

IMO if they bring in Dalglish it will ultimately be a gamble leading to a relegation fight while he finds his feet or once the initial motivational lift wears off (Keegan/Shearer being the best example of this). Someone with proven quality may just be able to help the push for 4th, it's just past the halfway mark and an awful lot of football is still to be played.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: deiseach on January 06, 2011, 10:39:43 AM
Quote from: AFS on January 06, 2011, 10:17:52 AM

Well said. There are far more managers with aspirations to greatness than there are clubs who have the potential for greatness. If Liverpool don't attract 'reputable' managers then what clubs are they holding out for?

Yes but the wrong club can also destroy a manager who may of once be considered a success (or even well thought off).