The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 12, 2010, 10:13:40 AM
Quote from: Joxer on November 12, 2010, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 12, 2010, 09:46:05 AM
I see Pepe might be angling for a move going by today's papers. Would be gutted to see him go as I can't see a replacement being his standard!! Hopefully they'll find a way of holding on to him.

If and thats a big IF he goes in January,  would Given be touted as a possible of replacement?

Won't happen, Reina is Liverpool through and through and this is rags filling space.  By January Liverpool will be top 5 consistently and the chat about players leaving will disappear.

That is a tad optimistic!

gawa316

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...ully-committed

Pepe Reina today dismissed media reports claiming he has told Roy Hodgson he wants to leave Liverpool.

The Spain international exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January, or at any other time. It is important our fans know this.

"I have a long-term contract at Liverpool and I am fully committed to the club.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me."

Reina, who has played in 18 of the Reds' 21 games this season, added: "The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table. We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."

Well said Senor Reina

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tommysmith

I see Pepe might be angling for a move going by today's papers. Would be gutted to see him go as I can't see a replacement being his standard!! Hopefully they'll find a way of holding on to him.

If and thats a big IF he goes in January,  would Given be touted as a possible of replacement?

Won't happen, Reina is Liverpool through and through and this is rags filling space.  By January Liverpool will be top 5 consistently and the chat about players leaving will disappear.

That day is gone.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tommysmith on November 12, 2010, 01:33:49 PM

That day is gone.

To an extent yes but in Liverpool you have a few players, as you do in Man U and Chelsea who will stay with the club through thick and thin.  I would class Reina in that category. 

The Real Laoislad

v Stoke

Reina
Carra
Skrtel
Greek
Konchesky
Meireles
Stevie
Lucas
Maxi
Dirk
El Nino
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 13, 2010, 04:50:53 PM
v Stoke

Reina
Carra
Skrtel
Greek
Konchesky
Meireles
Stevie
Lucas
Maxi
Dirk
El Nino

Would prefer if he had left Kelly in there.

Carmen Stateside

Same as that. Not going to be easy unless for a much improved showing.

GalwayBayBoy

This is going to be a battle. You go to Stoke and you expect aeriel bombardment from all angles.

Gabriel_Hurl

Geoff Tipps

V poor so far. Haven't been able to string 2 passes together.

The Real Laoislad

f**king horrible game so far,Stoke picked up where Wigan left off the other night and are completely dominating the game.
Liverpool have been just dreadful.
You'll Never Walk Alone.