The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2010, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 08, 2010, 10:25:21 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on October 08, 2010, 03:30:13 AM
Great to see the pool "fans" back in contributing to the thread now.  Very quiet for a while there.

Name and shame?
Only person missing was Loaislad, and he a good excuse.
United fans seem a little upset at the goings on round Anfield.  Maybe its the fact they are the only club now burdened with crippling depts
so in EC Uniques words  :D :D :D

Personally I'll be delighted if Liverpool get rid of their cancerous owners, its another step in the right direction. But if you think its all about  point scoring between United and Liverpool fans you couldn't be further from the truth.

I second that. Said from the start I did not want Liverpool go to the wall. I enjoy the slagging match too much, I would like to see Liverpool back in the top 4 and back in the CL (as long as they don't win either). As for the new ownership, well if it works out for the best then that should be encouraging for Utd fans that our mess can be sorted.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2010, 11:24:28 AM
Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2010, 11:13:00 AM
Great to see the pool "fans" back in contributing to the thread now.  Very quiet for a while there.

Name and shame?
Only person missing was Loaislad, and he a good excuse.
United fans seem a little upset at the goings on round Anfield.  Maybe its the fact they are the only club now burdened with crippling depts

Personally I'll be delighted if Liverpool get rid of their cancerous owners, its another step in the right direction. But if you think its all about  point scoring between United and Liverpool fans you couldn't be further from the truth.

I second that. Said from the start I did not want Liverpool go to the wall. I enjoy the slagging match too much, I would like to see Liverpool back in the top 4 and back in the CL (as long as they don't win either). As for the new ownership, well if it works out for the best then that should be encouraging for Utd fans that our mess can be sorted.

Yeah, feel the same the opposite way, there is more value to winning something when you have good to great competition against you. The emergence of Chelski, Man c and Spurs has added spice to the Premier league and more results to look out for on a given weekend. No offence to Scottish football, but there are only two results to look out for in that league! Best of Look to (our Nemisis) Utd in sorting out their (mutual) horrid ownership saga!

From the Bunker

Five things you might not know about Liverpool's likely new owner John Henry

from Joe.ie

06/10/2010 7:25 pm

In the wake of a new era for Liverpool football club, JOE tells you five things you may not know about their likely new owner, John Henry.

1. He's a farm boy

Henry was born in Quincy Illinois, the son of farmers and took over the family farm in his mid 20s. He used his knowledge of farming as he entered into commodity trading in the 70s and 80s. He made his money trading corn and soya-beans.

2. He's rich but no Abramovich

€617 million might seem a lot to the average man on the street, but compared to other owners in England he's practically a pauper.

Tottenham's Joe Louis has over €2 billion, Manchester City's Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has €3.5 billion, Chelsea's Roman Abramovich is worth over €6 billion, while QPR's Lakshmi Mittal has a net worth of €14 billion.

3. He's been successful with a team who hadn't won in a while before

It's been a trying time for Liverpool fans. After winning 11 league titles in 37 years, Liverpool have now gone 20 years without one. Reds fans can take solace in another Sports team's situation, however.

After selling Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees in 1918, Baseball team the Boston Red Socks were to go 86 years without winning a World Series. The 'Curse of the Bambino' was ended in 2004, less than three years after one John W Henry purchased the team. They repeated the feat in 2007.

4. He knows what to do with a stadium

While Gillett and Hicks failed to fulfill promises about a proposed move from Anfield to Stanley Park, Fenway Park, the iconic stadium where the Boston Red Sox play their home games, was renovated under Henry's stewardship.

Fenway Park was fitted with more seats and better facilities and helped attract more funds and importantly, more money to the club.

5. Liverpool are not his first sporting interest

The purchase of Liverpool is not the first time Henry has had financial interest in a sports team. After starting off in the minor baseball leagues, he has been involved in some capacity with the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat and New Jersey Nets basketball teams, the New York Yankees, Florida Marlins, Montreal Expos and Boston Red Sox baseball teams.

In 2007, he also purchased a 50% stake in Roush Racing, a leading team on the NASCAR racing circuit, who won their first Daytona 500 in February 2009 through Matt Kenseth.

King Henry

I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: King Henry on October 08, 2010, 11:47:46 AM
He was also a producer on the TV show That 70's show.

That's Tom Werner, one of his partners in NESV.

King Henry

I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 08, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
So, is it a done deal?  Is Hicks not holding on?

not near a done deal yet, headin to high court next week; bbc and sky still reporting that administration (and -9pts) is a possibility...

basically hicks and gillette are gonna make it as mesy/drawn out as possible.....

MCMLX

Liverpool are likely to face a nine-point deduction if its parent company Kop Holdings goes into administration next week. Looks like the Premier League are putting a bit of pressure on the Yanks, the current Yanks that is.

Lecale2

Latest news not good.

REDS AT RISK OF POINTS DEDUCTION
07/10/10 20:43

Liverpool would be at risk of a nine-point deduction if the owners' holding company is put into administration, it has emerged.

Initially it had been thought the Premier League would not penalise the club for Kop Holdings becoming insolvent, but now the threat of a points deduction has become a serious one.

The Royal Bank of Scotland could put Kop Holdings, the company owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, into administration if the Americans continue to block a takeover by New England Sports Ventures and have not paid off their £280million debt to the bank by October 15.

Under Premier League rules, the fact that the holding company is solely concerned with the ownership of Liverpool and football-related matters could trigger the nine-point penalty.

An insider told Press Association Sport: "It is not completely clear whether the nine-point penalty would come into play but it would be a risk."

West Ham has been used as an example of why the Reds might escape a deduction if administration goes ahead when it was owned by Icelandic bank Straumur.

However, the Hammers were a solvent part of a whole portfolio of different companies while Kop Holdings is solely concerned with Liverpool.

Hicks and Gillett's legal action against the proposed takeover will begin in the High Court next week.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 08, 2010, 01:20:22 PM
Latest news not good.

REDS AT RISK OF POINTS DEDUCTION
07/10/10 20:43

Liverpool would be at risk of a nine-point deduction if the owners' holding company is put into administration, it has emerged.

Initially it had been thought the Premier League would not penalise the club for Kop Holdings becoming insolvent, but now the threat of a points deduction has become a serious one.

The Royal Bank of Scotland could put Kop Holdings, the company owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, into administration if the Americans continue to block a takeover by New England Sports Ventures and have not paid off their £280million debt to the bank by October 15.

Under Premier League rules, the fact that the holding company is solely concerned with the ownership of Liverpool and football-related matters could trigger the nine-point penalty.

An insider told Press Association Sport: "It is not completely clear whether the nine-point penalty would come into play but it would be a risk."

West Ham has been used as an example of why the Reds might escape a deduction if administration goes ahead when it was owned by Icelandic bank Straumur.

However, the Hammers were a solvent part of a whole portfolio of different companies while Kop Holdings is solely concerned with Liverpool.

Hicks and Gillett's legal action against the proposed takeover will begin in the High Court next week.

Would take it in a heartbeat if it means the ownership is resolved. We've got a manager who's used to releagtion scraps so let 'ave it  ;)

MCMLX

What are the odds on Liverpool going down? A 9 point deduction would have them in minus figures even before the merseyside derby.

The Real Laoislad

Good man Carmen that made me laugh...our friend EC Unique is the king of the smiley's alright
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: MCMLX on October 08, 2010, 01:31:34 PM
What are the odds on Liverpool going down? A 9 point deduction would have them in minus figures even before the merseyside derby.
Even with a 9 point deduction I would think/hope that the squad is strong enough to not be relegated,probably be lucky to get top 10 admittedly ,but I think any Liverpool fan would take any position above the relegation zone even if it was only one place and one point above it for this season if it meant the Hicks and Gillette were gone.
Start afresh then next season with a full season with new owners,possibly new manager,new players and the possibility of a new stadium,if it means getting the bad Yanks out and the good Yanks in then I would take the 9 point deduction and start looking forward to 2011/12 season..
You'll Never Walk Alone.