The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

No harm, as a tribute to the likely new owners, to offer to change the name of the club to Boston Red Shirts.

Puckoon

Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2010, 05:37:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9064599.stm

I like this guy. Give him a hair-cut and send him down to OT when yis are finnished with him.. ;D

I like the cut of his jib myself.

Here's a few links for the scouse lovers to learn about their new owner and his famous hammer :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI0D44zYP-Q&feature=fvw

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Puckoon on October 06, 2010, 07:33:33 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2010, 05:37:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9064599.stm

I like this guy. Give him a hair-cut and send him down to OT when yis are finnished with him.. ;D

I like the cut of his jib myself.

Here's a few links for the scouse lovers to learn about their new owner and his famous hammer :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI0D44zYP-Q&feature=fvw

really good service you're providing there puckoon. you should maybe take this service of yours to an international audience by creating some sort of program/website, where users could type in what they are looking for and you or your program would display the results in a user-friendly format. if only someone had thought of this years ago, queries like this would have been solved in seconds and the internet a much easier place to navigate around.

sincerely, i doth my cap to you and your pioneering enterprise.

StGallsGAA

Things are looking up according to the bookies at least.   The odds on Liverpool winning the league in the next 21 years has been slashed to evens! 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 07, 2010, 11:26:02 AM
Things are looking up according to the bookies at least.   The odds on Liverpool winning the league in the next 21 years has been slashed to evens! 

You're a Man United fan??  You post on here more than you do on the Man U thread.  Just to remind you when they were in the doldrums it was 26 years before they won the title, Liverpool not there yet.

High Court hearing tomorrow and by what I am reading about what has happened and a few of my own summations I reckon Martin Broughton has played a blinder so far.  If it works out I reckon the new owners are the ones to bring the club forward, even if they think the current manager is the person to do it.  they have given him their backing but they had to as it would have been a serious faux pas in PR to say we're going to sack the manager if the deal goes through.  A lot of names have been thrown around and one which has escaped manys' attention but seems to be growing in popularity is Steve Nicol.  He has done pretty well with the New England Revolution and was touted as a possible US coach to succeed Bruce Arena.  What would people's views be of him in a head coach role with Kenny as a Director of Football and on the Board.  This is the type of set up that was brought into the red Sox and I personally think it would be a good way to go.

Another possibilty would be to go after the German coach, Joachim Löw, I like the way he set his teams up in the world cup and reckon he could be the right type of visonary coach the club needs.

EC Unique

Do you think Woy is for the chop once deal is done BC or will he get a period of time to turn things around?

StGallsGAA

QuoteThings are looking up according to the bookies at least.   The odds on Liverpool winning the league in the next 21 years has been slashed to evens! 

You're a Man United fan??  You post on here more than you do on the Man U thread.  Just to remind you when they were in the doldrums it was 26 years before they won the title, Liverpool not there yet.

Chill BCB, have ye no sense of humour? ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on October 07, 2010, 12:30:24 PM
Do you think Woy is for the chop once deal is done BC or will he get a period of time to turn things around?

I think the manager has the next 4 weeks to prove things to the new owners as by that stage the deal will be finalised and he will have had the grace of the international games to get his house in order in readiness for the Everton game.  I am in a very torn position as for the good of the club I want to see the manager out but they cannot afford to lose too many games.  I read that interestingly he has a special compensation clause inserted in his contract in the event of a change of ownership.  Perhaps he knows himself that he really is a caretaker manager.  If Martin Broughton has been speaking to the Yanks for a good few weeks as he has stated then they would of course be fully aware of the state of things on the pitch and that type of information would no doubt either filter down deliberately or by way of insinuation to the manager.  Personally I believe he knows that he will not be there long term and there may be some deal struck to maintain whatever dignity he has left and let him move on so that new faces can come in.  I hope the manger is gone by the end of October as Novemeber has been a bad month for Liverpool generally so a new man might bring in the new manager feel good factor to get them over this annual slump.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 07, 2010, 12:36:26 PM
QuoteThings are looking up according to the bookies at least.   The odds on Liverpool winning the league in the next 21 years has been slashed to evens! 

Chill BCB, have ye no sense of humour? ;)

Just giving you a short history lesson :P

EagleLord

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EagleLord on October 07, 2010, 01:05:08 PM
Apparently Klinnsman could be brought in! (teletext)

In fairness the Rumours section of the bbc teletext is not the best source for credible info.  Agents fee stuff to papers to engineer a move so divide it all by 2 and you have about 1/10th of a story. 

muppet

MWWSI 2017

EagleLord

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2010, 01:14:04 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on October 07, 2010, 01:05:08 PM
Apparently Klinnsman could be brought in! (teletext)

In fairness the Rumours section of the bbc teletext is not the best source for credible info.  Agents fee stuff to papers to engineer a move so divide it all by 2 and you have about 1/10th of a story.

Ach I know its just rumours atm, but sure I just thought Id say. Sure pg338 is all the newspaper gossip shortened and put together, I read it all the time.

EagleLord

It also said a few days ago that Livepool will make a move for Juan Mata, great young player he is. Id be amazed if he came though, he would hardly wanna move from Valencia to join a reg battle!