The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I know they're nearly always given in similar circumstances but in the case of the second penalty I fail to see what Carragher did wrong. The ball hit his hand which was up due to a natural movement. There is no way he attempted to block the ball with his hand. They're nearly always given (even with players looking away from the ball) so no-one really questions it anymore but I think its ridiculous. Carragher was probably lucky to get away with the time he connected with the gys should withhis studs - the Benfica players stunned then theatrical reaction probably made the refs mind up for him.

Thought it was a crazy game. Clearly 5 refs are not better than 3 except that the extra guys behind the goals are good targets for firecrackers! There could and should have been more lads sent off. Luisao as mentioned, Insua, Lucas too. Benfica did shade it overall and deserve their lead though like United on Tuesday, Liverpool should have had at least one more goal.

gawa316

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 01, 2010, 10:07:50 PM
Who do you play there now?  Aurelio still out injured.

I would hope if injuries permitting Agger is played left back. He easily has the skills of defending and attacking to do a job here, We could then move the Greek into the centre.

As for the match, can't really argue with either pen or strictly speaking the sending off but Luisao should also have went for a combination of things. Feck that crowd annoyed me, it was even worse than the blue shite for moaning.

It must be bred into portuguese teams to over exaggerate. Now I know how Celtic felt against Porto in the final. After tonights antics Anfield should be absolutely rocking next week

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: gawa316 on April 02, 2010, 01:09:13 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 01, 2010, 10:07:50 PM
Who do you play there now?  Aurelio still out injured.

I would hope if injuries permitting Agger is played left back. He easily has the skills of defending and attacking to do a job here, We could then move the Greek into the centre.

As for the match, can't really argue with either pen or strictly speaking the sending off but Luisao should also have went for a combination of things. Feck that crowd annoyed me, it was even worse than the blue shite for moaning.

It must be bred into portuguese teams to over exaggerate. Now I know how Celtic felt against Porto in the final. After tonights antics Anfield should be absolutely rocking next week

That would be my thinking aswell, Agger going out to the left and the Big Greek coming in.  Benny should start the next day in place of Babel, cant see Reira getting a look in.

brokencrossbar1

Disappointed that they didn't actually get the second goal.  Torres should have banged that chance in but in fairness to him he looked fooked at that stage.  Nothing really to complain abut the result, probably a fair reflection of the game.  I have to say I reckon the Greek will make an improvement as he will get stuck into the like of Cordoza and give him a reason to be theatrical!  Masch played well, Gerard was poor enough, Kuyt still can't do much with a ball at his feet.  I always get butterflies whenever there is a corner or free kick as I reckon the defence don't know what is going on half the time.

gawa316

Well Brum up today, in what is a must win game. Signs aren't good though with Brum unbeaten at home against top 6 sides, our inability to score never mind win away from home, not to mention playing for 60 mins with 10 men just 3 days ago.

Need to go at them  a la sunderland game, so would again drop Gerrard into mid with Masch and have a front 4 of Maxi, Benny, Babel and Torres.

The Real Laoislad

Can't see them getting the 3 points, a draw maybe if we're lucky
Hope I'm wrong
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

from lfc.tv

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Insua, Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Gerrard, Rodriguez, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Agger, Aquilani, Babel, Ngog, Degen, Mascherano.

Paul Mc Graths Da

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Poor enough showing considering the attacking lineup he has put out. Great save from Hart to deny Maxi, other than that nothing much happening. Kuyt continues to give the ball away time after time. Birmingham playing very defensive aswell. Need to up the tempo second half.

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 03:53:22 PM
Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on April 04, 2010, 03:41:25 PM
anyone got a link?

what so you can go all anti liverpool today  ::)

Ahh....It's the arch-bore himself!  Strictly an ABU man!

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Were was the fecking defence?
Brum will have their tails up now.

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside