The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

As admirable as blind faith is from some of the support, maybe reality will set in now !

Rocky Mc Guigan

Anyone who hasn't grasped the reality seriously needs to take off the blinkers. They say water reaches its own level. Methinks they will do well to qualify for the Europa league. Think the final of that is down for the new Aviva stadium next season. I think that should be the extent of the scousers ambitions. They are most definitely dining in the scullery at the present time

118cmal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6011308,00.html

Didn't catch the game myself but did anyone see Gerrard and this V-sign?  Of course the FA will hardly retrospectively punish the new England captain

Billys Boots

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2010, 01:57:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2010, 01:07:18 AM
Shit and all as Liverpool were tonight wait til you see them on Satuday week. They'll be flying.

Yep seanie

Gerrard will be able to pick his man out from 50/60 yards, Torres will be like a man on mission & the pool defence will suddenly become solid

For me, that's a sign that a change of management is needed - he can't motivate them to play well in the day-to-day ties.  Fourth place is Liverpool's if they change their manager now, irrespective of the cost - they won't keep their better players if they don't make the CL.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

EC Unique

Quote from: 118cmal on March 09, 2010, 09:24:36 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6011308,00.html

Didn't catch the game myself but did anyone see Gerrard and this V-sign?  Of course the FA will hardly retrospectively punish the new England captain

118cmal

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 09, 2010, 09:35:50 AM
Shit and all as Liverpool were tonight wait til you see them on Satuday week. They'll be flying.

Yep seanie

Gerrard will be able to pick his man out from 50/60 yards, Torres will be like a man on mission & the pool defence will suddenly become solid

For me, that's a sign that a change of management is needed - he can't motivate them to play well in the day-to-day ties.  Fourth place is Liverpool's if they change their manager now, irrespective of the cost - they won't keep their better players if they don't make the CL.
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 09, 2010, 09:35:50 AM

Yep seanie

What planet are u on Billy?  Who would they get?  No manager could guarantee 4th place.  Liverpool are a point behind City and City have two games in hand.  Tottenham are also one point ahead with a game in hand.  Delusional.

Doogie Browser

Rafa questionning the team's attitude now, bound to turn the dressing room against him if not already.

Minder

So you can prove he was giving him the fingers as opposed to perhaps Gerrard saying "that was only my second foul" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

118cmal

Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2010, 09:59:44 AM
So you can prove he was giving him the fingers as opposed to perhaps Gerrard saying "that was only my second foul" ?

Probably not, but surely he could have just told the ref that?  They were close enough.

bingobus

Absolutely shocking display to be fairness. It was like watching in slow motion. We never looked anything near a team pushing for 4th till Aquaman came on. At least he got the ball moving and was willing to follow a pass to get it back and switch play. He also put his foot in a few times.

One of the games (and this season has its fair share) that you wonder how these players finished second last year. Nothing good from the starting 11 at all. Kuyt looked like a sunday league player after a heavy saturday night and two hours kip.

Dreadful really.

Regarding those fishing on Torres and Gerards tackles, they were nothing tackles. Made feck all contact with the player and never intended too.

AZOffaly

I don't think that V sign was a gesture of F you at the ref at all. I think that's looking for something that isn't there. Look, if he was going to tell the ref to F off, why not say it then, rather than V sign from 5 yards. It's the same thing.

I think it was a 'that's twice' gesture, and loads of people do that. Say it, and sign it at the same time. 'If I have to tell you once more', etc etc.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2010, 09:59:44 AM

To be fair I only posted the picture. Not convincing by any means...

magpie seanie

Quote from: bingobus on March 09, 2010, 10:12:07 AM
Absolutely shocking display to be fairness. It was like watching in slow motion. We never looked anything near a team pushing for 4th till Aquaman came on. At least he got the ball moving and was willing to follow a pass to get it back and switch play. He also put his foot in a few times.

One of the games (and this season has its fair share) that you wonder how these players finished second last year. Nothing good from the starting 11 at all. Kuyt looked like a sunday league player after a heavy saturday night and two hours kip.

Dreadful really.

Regarding those fishing on Torres and Gerards tackles, they were nothing tackles. Made feck all contact with the player and never intended too.

Really?

As for the supposed V-sign controversy, I'd be amazed if it was true that he was giving the ref the fingers. More likely that Minder's explanation is the correct one.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2010, 11:33:37 AM

Dreadful really.

Really?

As for the supposed V-sign controversy, I'd be amazed if it was true that he was giving the ref the fingers. More likely that Minder's explanation is the correct one.

This is the day for disagreeing with you Seanie. I don't think Gerrard's tackle on McCarthy was a horror tackle. It was nasty, and he did mean it. That scissor swipe is a sneaky auld dig. But the potential for harm wasn't really there unless McCarthy's leg was in a freak position.

Doesn't excuse the tackle mind, but it wasn't the worst that Gerrard has done, and wasn't even the worst in that match. Bramble's tackle on Torres was worse.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 09, 2010, 11:51:53 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2010, 11:33:37 AM

Dreadful really.

Really?

This is the day for disagreeing with you Seanie. I don't think Gerrard's tackle on McCarthy was a horror tackle. It was nasty, and he did mean it. That scissor swipe is a sneaky auld dig. But the potential for harm wasn't really there unless McCarthy's leg was in a freak position.

Doesn't excuse the tackle mind, but it wasn't the worst that Gerrard has done, and wasn't even the worst in that match. Bramble's tackle on Torres was worse.

That's pretty much what I said about Gerrard's tackle AZ. Bramble's sounded bad alright.