The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Bendtner had the arms and legs flailing and on the way to the ground before Agger touched him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

These things tend to even themselves out over a season ;) :D

GalwayBayBoy

I know there is no Torres up front but still a bit disappointing to see us go out and defend and look to nick a goal away from home like some first division side in the FA Cup. I wouldn't mind but Arsenal weren't even that good on the night and looked decidely vulnerable once we actually had no other option but to attack during the last 15 minutes. Symptomatic of so many games under Rafa. The team only starts to play when they absolutely have to. Otherwise it's everybody sit in and look to nick a goal on the break like Ngog nearly did. At least last season he left them off the leash a bit but Rafa has reverted back to his old cautious approach to try and steady the ship and in fairness it has but you'd still like to see a bit more positivity out there.

If one things sums it up it was in the final 10 minutes Gerrard played a brilliant 50 yard pass out the wing to put Degen away until he promptly stood on the ball and fell over. Gerrard looked like he was about to cry.

J70

Benitez did say that they hoped to sit back and hit Arsenal on the break, but unfortunately the tools at his disposal were not quite at the level of Rooney and Drogba! That said, Liverpool should have got a draw, but the lack of goals has been the story of the season (that and surrendering late goals!), so they can't really complain. Means they really need to win at City at the weekend, which seems rather unlikely, but you never know. I think the media (and a lot of Liverpool fans) have been rather disrespectful towards Arsenal over the past few days, particularly given Liverpool's wretched form. Granted, things have improved over the past month, but many of those results have been a case of grinding out wins against poor sides with little to no firepower of their own. Thankfully fourth spot is very much up for grabs due to the other contenders droppings points as well, but Liverpool's margin of error, particularly with respect to City, is getting very small.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: hardstation on February 10, 2010, 10:23:37 PM
I thought Bendtner's right foot was still planted when Agger hit his left leg.

Your dick!

under the bar

Gerrard has become a walking disease in football.  He pulls off pathetic dives like that now in virtually EVERY game and keeps getting away with it.   

J70

Quote from: under the bar on February 11, 2010, 12:31:00 AM
Gerrard has become a walking disease in football.  He pulls off pathetic dives like that now in virtually EVERY game and keeps getting away with it.   

The sooner the divers are punished retrospectively the better. But some players seem to think they're leaving their teams at a disadvantage by NOT going down at the slightest contact, with the justification being that "they're all doing it". Regardless, the authorities don't seem to have much interest in taking on the issue. The fact that Gerrard railed against it in his autobiography obviously makes it worse though!

stew

Not a bad night all in all for the pool, no real  ground lost against the leaders and if they could have sneaked a point they really would be back in the hunt for the league title. :P

Arsenal were well beat by United and Chelsea respectively, they then beat Liverpool, there is the top two that are in a class of their own, then Arsenal and then another step down and you have City and Liverpool and Villa.

The spuds are imploding and have no chance of finishing fourth the way they are going.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 12:44:16 AM
Not a bad night all in all for the pool, no real  ground lost against the leaders and if they could have sneaked a point they really would be back in the hunt for the league title. :P

You must be talking to some utterly clueless Liverpool fans!

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 12:44:16 AM
Arsenal were well beat by United and Chelsea respectively, they then beat Liverpool, there is the top two that are in a class of their own, then Arsenal and then another step down and you have City and Liverpool and Villa.

The spuds are imploding and have no chance of finishing fourth the way they are going.

No doubt about the hierarchy this season.

Not sure Villa have what it takes either. It'll be between Liverpool and City, if Liverpool get Torres back to full fitness for the last ten weeks or so (a big if, given that he probably hasn't been fully fit since September). However, if they lose to City win this weekend, Liverpool have little room left for error, barring a mini-collapse from City.

full back

Fcuk me but Stevie G has no shame at all.
As blatant as fcuk & he continues to do it

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: full back on February 11, 2010, 08:13:41 AM
Fcuk me but Stevie G has no shame at all.
As blatant as fcuk & he continues to do it

I believe the Liverpool fans have nicknamed Stevie Starfish!

Bensars

Absolutely no shame whatsoever. However you cant say anything bad about captain marvel. And the silence from the Liverpool fans is deafening.

Cant see him being at Liverpool next year. Far from the player he used to be. Aging Captain, approaching best before date, will cash in on a big money move before he stagnates any further in average side.

Rocky Mc Guigan

He is going nowhere fast- treading water at Ann Field. Time to cash in the chips. My word it was hard to even watch the highlights of that game last night. One hell of a cure for insomniacs up and down the country.

EC Unique

Starfish has had a very poor season by his own standards but this is down to him being forced to play when not fit. If he were given proper recovery time I have no doubt he could get back to previous form. Class player whos only fault is being prone to diving.