The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Anyone here much about this?

Liverpool may have found their knight in shining armour, with reports suggesting the world's seventh richest man is interested in taking over the club.

More StoriesWest Ham could face 'Armageddon'
Liverpool club page
BET now on Premier League matches
Mukesh Ambani, who is said to be worth £12.5 billion, is mentioned by The Times as one of two Indian tycoons looking to pay off Liverpool's £237 million debt in exchange for 51 per cent of the club.

The other interested party is Subrata Roy of the Sahara Group, but it is Ambani's name that jumps off the page since the 52-year-old's worth is one third more than the combined wealth of Manchester City's Sheikh Mansour and Chelsea's Roman Abramovich.

However, the big stumbling block to a deal is the fact that the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr are reluctant to sell more than 50 per cent of the club as they seek to hang on to a controlling interest.

Liverpool's current failings in the transfer market have once again been exposed as The Times also reports that Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh is set to snub them in the summer favour of a Bosman move to Arsenal because the Reds have been "too fussy" in their contractual demands.

Geoff Tipps

AZOffaly

Quote from: bingobus on February 09, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 09, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2010, 11:38:20 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 07, 2010, 11:46:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 07, 2010, 11:36:45 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 07, 2010, 11:33:28 PM
I see the pissing on an Everton fan one to the left of that!  :D
Eh?

To the right as you look. To the left of the Steau banner. It's a Liverpool fan pising on an Everton fan.

Not as bad in my opinion, although given the reason why the Sun is not very popular with Liverpool fans, it's a slightly poor choice of comedy material. I suppose a lot of these lads now wouldn't have been born when Hillsborough happened.

As for the other one, I think it's very bad, but again I'm not sure if all the dots have been joined up. Yes, Everton are harbouring a grudge about 1986, but boasting that Steaua won it when Everton were barred because Liverpool fans disgraced themselves in Heysel is hardly very clever.

Fair play AZ.

Firstly the one with the pishing on is a very old banner, that has been redone over the years. The s*n is not popular cause it printed lies.

The second one on Steau is not a boast about Heysel but a direct jibe at Evertons constant harping on about their current state been Liverpools fault. They harp on about how winning the European Cup in 1986 would have lead them to untold wealth and greatness. Up to 1989 they where still chasing league title and finished 2nd. It wasn't not winning the Euro cup in 1986 that lead them into shite, it was the years of mismanagement on anf off the field. The banner was to aimed at this. There own banner with Everton crests, listing the names of the dead, and titled "39 Italians Can't be wrong" is much worse in my eyes.

Bingo, a big part of the lies the Sun told were that Liverpool fans pissed on the dying fans. See what I mean?

bingobus

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2010, 04:17:07 PM

Bingo, a big part of the lies the Sun told were that Liverpool fans pissed on the dying fans. See what I mean?
[/quote]

I'm very well aware of that. I see what you mean but you have to go out of your to look at that comparative and make the connection. Should the banner not be displayed on the basis that maybe the s*n was right and this banner gives them justification for that? What the s*n said and the banner are miles apart - one was to try and lay blame squarely at the door of Liverpool and the other is to show your dislike of your nearest rivals. Not saying I'd hold that banner or wear a t-shirt but its a case of if you want to be offended you'll find some reason to be in my eyes.

AZOffaly

I'm not offended by it, I just think it's a poor choice of picture. Better to have a Liver bird eating an Everton fan or something if you want humour.

The Sun said Liverpool fans pissed on dying Liverpool fans. This banner says Liverpool fans piss on Everton fans. I think it's poorly thought out.

bingobus

I'd read it as saying that Liverpool piss all over Everton in terms of success, history, supporters etc  ;) I don't think it was meant to taken literally. I know Everton fans have kicked up a stink over the Steau Banner but they haven't yet brought up the pissing one.

AZOffaly

I'm sure yours is the correct interpretation, but I'm more cynical and paranoid. :)

bingobus

In fairness, they is some forums where supporters have expressed reservations on the Steau banner in particular and siad it belittles the HJC campaign, etc.

However, some of the posts on Everton forums would leave you unamused and you can see why some felt the need to have a pop back at them.
Was interesting that all banners on display have to be approved by the club through the head steward and he allowed them in along with others aimed at the owners.

J70

Quote from: bingobus on February 09, 2010, 05:17:46 PM
In fairness, they is some forums where supporters have expressed reservations on the Steau banner in particular and siad it belittles the HJC campaign, etc.

However, some of the posts on Everton forums would leave you unamused and you can see why some felt the need to have a pop back at them.
Was interesting that all banners on display have to be approved by the club through the head steward and he allowed them in along with others aimed at the owners.

Then the head steward should be sacked immediately. Its one thing having a couple of low-IQ morons thinking a banner like that would be funny. Its quite another having the club representative giving it his seal of approval and allowing it through. I don't give a f**k what the Everton fans have been saying or not - that banner was appalling and the fact that the club okayed it makes it even worse. I don't see how any Liverpool fan or worse, staff member, could approve of it, particularly given what happened four years later at Hillsborough. To use Heysel to score petty points is nothing short of shameful, made all the worse by the club's (apparent) endorsement of the sentiment.

As for the pissing one, I've seen twenty different variations on that one (including some GAA if I remember correctly) on cars around Ireland through the years.

Silky

I'm really looking forward to the match tonight with some optimism. I haven't been able to say that since the early days of the season. Recent matches have shown Rafa how to beat the Arsenal and with the new found spirit in the side I fully expect us to win.

3-1 to the Reds!

Geoff Tipps

QuoteI'm really looking forward to the match tonight with some optimism. I haven't been able to say that since the early days of the season. Recent matches have shown Rafa how to beat the Arsenal and with the new found spirit in the side I fully expect us to win.

3-1 to the Reds!

I'd love to share your optimism! We haven't scored more than 2 in a league game since September and I can't recall us ever winning at the Emirates. I'd take a draw now!

Silky

But Arsenal are really lacking confidence after 2 defeats and theire defending is piss poor at the minute. We'll never get a better time to beat them there.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteBut Arsenal are really lacking confidence after 2 defeats and theire defending is piss poor at the minute. We'll never get a better time to beat them there.

That's a fair point but we're hardly creating bucket loads of chances. Think it'll be a tight game. Hopefully we'll come out on top. If we do we can really push them for 3rd.

Geoff Tipps

Jovanovic has definitey signed anyways. There stong rumours that Milos Krasic is signing before the world cup. From the bits I've seen of him in the Champions League this year he's a class act.