The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Liverpool fans seem inordinately lenient towards benitez. Bar 4-5 pretty good signings <over 5 yearsthough ffs> his transfer record has been abysmal. Many managers would have got the road over the keane fiasco but instead benitez demands full control over transfers. Some b@lls on him! Now he cries about being given no money, despite spending more than chelsea, arsenal aned man u this year on a right back and a fella who barely makes more than 10 appearances a year. Any other manager who carried on like that would be considered a clown at best.

Doogie Browser

Thought Torres was a diving cnut all night, couldn't stay on his feet. Disappointed by him, also Reina's attempt at intimidating the referee about the corner (that was a cormer btw) was poor.
Villa fully deserving of the three points, NRC's best game for Villa.

EC Unique

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 25, 2009, 12:48:50 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 25, 2009, 09:26:45 AM
Rafa's worst ever start to a premiership season. I feel sorry for Johnson. He looks sharp and is bursting himself. He must be wondering if he made the right choice at this stage?

What a bollocks of a statement i have ever read  ::) ::)

He'd be much better off at Portsmouth alright  ::)  I do like the 50 cent thing though ECU, made me laugh a bit even though i shouldnt be laughing at it  ;D

Dire performance last night, our squad is abmisal compared to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, even now City and Spurs have a better squad than us.  Our lack of natural width is scary, Kuyt is not a natural winger and no one can tell me any different.  Benny is lively but again perfers to come inside rather than keeping it wide.  the inability of Liverpool to create space going forward is a major problem, everyone wants to come into the middle making it very easy for opposition defences keep a compact defence.

Im going to put this out there....Carragher is done.....

I did not mean Portsmouth... I could be wrong but did he not turn down a return to Chelsea to sign for Liverpool?

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 25, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
I bet next year with 1 or 2 good signings, & another full eclipse & if Deirdre Barlow gets married again, & another president is assinated Liverpool will win the league! I'm sure of it!

here Goats, as well as being partial to an odd prawn sandwich you also like a bit of corrie, some going to be able to see into the 10/11 season, looking forward to it already

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Abble on August 25, 2009, 01:24:15 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 25, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
I bet next year with 1 or 2 good signings, & another full eclipse & if Deirdre Barlow gets married again, & another president is assinated Liverpool will win the league! I'm sure of it!

here Goats, as well as being partial to an odd prawn sandwich you also like a bit of corrie, some going to be able to see into the 10/11 season, looking forward to it already

Might need a new pope, & maybe Prince Charlie to get married again... but it's a cert!

down6061689194

I was at anfield last night (apparently on tv in the white kit LS when stevie hit a coner at Kop.) and they weren't great.

Gerrard knows he messed up as Liverpool were on the charge at 2-1 down, does not excuse the fact that 3 out of 4 Villa shots on target hit the net and 3 out of 5 shots hit the net.
Had the defence performed satisfactorally it may have been 1-1 as Villas defence held up well.
Insua and Johnson impressed again, ref was suspect at times, but when Torres makes 2 of the best defensive headers something is wrong.

DennistheMenace

Lucas  :D :D

The Liverpool money men might see the need to splash more cash now, Liverpool's squad is far from strong.

GalwayBayBoy

Group E

LIVERPOOL
Lyon
Fiorentina
Debrecen

Not too bad IMO. Lyon completely new team more or less. Remains to be seen if they are as good as the old Lyon side. Probably not but will still be dangerous. Fiorentina should be decent but there are a fair few Italian sides I would rate ahead of them. Hopefully we will have found some form before the group begins. Overall could have been a lot worse.

blewuporstuffed

Have Liverpool really got no money left for transfers?
I think if the squad stays the way it is, they are going to struggle this year.
with tuncay going to stoke for 5million and distin to everton today for not that much money,you would thik either of these players would have strenthened the squad for not much outlay.
Another decent midfeilder is badly needed aswell.
30milion taken in over the summer from Alonsos sale and 20million &17million spent on Aqualaini & Johson.
7 million of and outlay isnt enough for a club that expects to push on and win the premier league
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 28, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
7 million of and outlay isnt enough for a club that expects to push on and win the premier league

It isn't even 7 million of an outlay. Liverpool also sold Arbeloa and Leto for a combined total of 7 million and much of the fee spent on Johnson was already owed to Liverpool from the sale of Crouch to Portsmouth.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 28, 2009, 06:16:01 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 28, 2009, 05:17:43 PM

It isn't even 7 million of an outlay. Liverpool also sold Arbeloa and Leto for a combined total of 7 million and much of the fee spent on Johnson was already owed to Liverpool from the sale of Crouch to Portsmouth.
actually forgot about those two.
How can a club make noises about winning he PL when they finished second last year and ae are weaker outfit this year.
without spending money,there is now way they are going to improve, particularly with the sale of one of their top players.
another frustrating season ahead i'm afraid ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Well, Nemeth gone to AEK Athens on loan for the rest of the season. They have drawn Everton in the UEFA Cup group so we might get to see him in those games. There is a clause in the deal whereby Athens have to pay Liverpool £500,000 if Nemeth doesnt play at least 20 games, which is a very good idea.

The Greek played 45 minutes for the reserves during the week. Didnt see it, but heard Mark Wright's comments in the studio at half time where he said Ayala (the other CB on the night) looked the far better player, read the game better and used the ball better! Hopefully that will get the rustyness out of Kyriagkos - there's talk he could play v Bolton as Skrtel still struggling with his cheek/jaw and they might not want to put a young lad in against Kevin Davies.

Nathan Ecclestone (18) played very well on the right wing for the reserves by all accounts, so might be one to watch.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Sotirios Kyrgiakos will make his Liverpool debut in today's Barclays Premier League clash with Bolton at the Reebok Stadium . 
The Greek centre-back starts alongside Jamie Carragher at the heart of the Reds' defence, while Albert Riera is also included in the starting XI for the first time this season.

Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Insua, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Riera, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Gulacsi, Voronin, Benayoun, Plessis, Kelly, Skrtel, Dossena.